PDA

View Full Version : sound problems on demo

buck
1st Apr 2006, 13:35
Hi guys fantastic demo. waited up last night so i could download it (sad i know)

Anyway my problem is the sound it is continually stuttering.

i have tried new drivers, i have even changed the performance settings in windows and it does not help.

the only way i can reduce it is to start the demo were you see lara climbing skip cutscene and go back to main menu and start again and that reduces the problem. this problem only seems to surface when you have the backround music, sound effects and speaking all at the same time.

does anyone else experience this and if so have you been able to sort it out.

i just hope this is just a problem with the demo version and not the full game.

i will still buy it as i have preordered but it would be better without this problem.

lllll
1st Apr 2006, 13:37
Hi, first the demo has many bugs, so it could be that.

What it also could be is that the game has not recognised your soundcard, so go to configuration in the demo folder and see if you can configure it manually there.

Sam Fisher
1st Apr 2006, 14:26
i had this problem too and i solved it thanks to the help of another guy in a forum.You have to disable the acceleration at your Sound Card...go to Start-Setting-Audio settings-Advanced- and put to Acceleration Audio or something like this NONE at the minimum.By doing this it worked for me

buck
1st Apr 2006, 14:56
thanks sam but i have tried that and it makes no difference. its worse on the cut scened if that will help. it does do it while your playing but it dosent notice as much.

the thing is this seems to be a bug filled demo. i am even having slight problems with the sky rendering which many people have complained about.

we have all been desperate to play the demo and they have tried to please the fans by getting out as soon as possible. so what more can we expect.

lets just hope the actual game has not got as many bugs

dhama
1st Apr 2006, 15:04
My simple Philips sound card... and it is simple I can tell you, has no problems at all. Perhaps it's I directX problem. Try the diaxdiag utility. If you can't find it, check out the post in the Legend Technical forum that Goran has posted.

buck
1st Apr 2006, 20:23
i have found out what is causing my sound problem but do any of you now how to solve it.

i originally thought it was my soundcard but i have just noticed that the stuttering noise only comes when the hard drive is being accessed.

as the yellow ligh comes on the sound goes all wrong.

this does not happen with any other games i have

i also have 1gig of ram so i dont know why the hard drive is being accessed so much.

please can anyone help me as this is an irritating problem