PDA

View Full Version : Thief in movie ?

S.A.Leblanc
31st Mar 2006, 19:34
Is there talk about bringing thieft to the big screen ? I would like to see Thief adapt to movie.

littlek
2nd Apr 2006, 16:13
NeVaR!!!!

But they did make a TV show called Thief....has nothing to do with the game though but the name is cool. :eek:

Keeper Collins
2nd Apr 2006, 22:13
I wanted to see that show! :D FX always has great things on.

Caradavin1
24th May 2006, 14:50
At one time, Thief was a project I was going to endeavor with as a script for a movie. But, first I was going to get The Chronicles of Narnia and Silent Hill out, but someone beat me to those ones before I got past the fifth scene of either of them. Now, I'm working on another script (and I'm not telling, because it will jinx yet another wonderful idea). But, I really want to adapt thief, however, it doesn't seem like something that would be well-received. Wouldn't want to ruin a magnificent thing such as the world of Thief. ****

rob444
24th May 2006, 16:15
As long as Uwe Boll wont make the movie I would be happy.

And for those who doesn't know who Uwe Boll is, he's the guy that is making movies out of games and they all end up in the trashcan.

House of the dead
Alone in the dark
Blood rayne
Postal (coming in 2007)
Far Cry (coming in 2007)

Oh boy, can't wait for postal and far cry... lol

Was an april joke about him going to make Pacman movie, I almost believed it.

John D.
25th May 2006, 11:40
I'd love to see Thief made into a movie if it stuck close to the games, but Hollywood cant seem to get it right most of the time (with the exception of Batman Begins).

maddermadcat
21st Jul 2006, 20:55
Thief would make a great movie, but only if they used the exact same story as the game.

Gillie
22nd Jul 2006, 14:12
A Movie would have been possible I thought.It has such a wonderful story line through the three games.Tomb raider was made,successfully. What about the Music/sound track?.:cool:

Ruthless
26th Aug 2006, 20:53
I'm thinking Nicolas Cage as Garrett.

littlek
26th Aug 2006, 22:20
Nick as Garrett....I can see that. He's dark...not in looks but he projects a dark moodiness. :thumbsup:

BrokenArts
26th Aug 2006, 23:28
Just so long as it's not Tom Cruise, I can't stand the man, he's turned into an idiot.

littlek
27th Aug 2006, 12:55
Just so long as it's not Tom Cruise, I can't stand the man, he's turned into an idiot.

:lmao: Agree! littlek jumps on couch, jumps off couch, jumps on couch, jumps off couch, jumps on couch, jumps... OUCH! Ok Ok I'll stop.

Ruthless
28th Aug 2006, 00:03
Definitely not Tom Cruise. 20 years ago he was hot, but now he takes himself waaay too seriously.

maddermadcat
28th Aug 2006, 17:44
I agree. Tom Cruise has become an idiot. He sued Trey Parker & Matt Stone because he said that one of their episodes made him look gay.
He damaged his reputation way more by cancelling the episode than the show ever could've.

Enili
27th Sep 2006, 16:34
I think getting that guy Stephen whatever who did Garretts voice would be good, you HAVE to have his voice. So long as he's not a midget and look dark and sinister. Nicholas Cage...no no, lets get someone not known for a change.

Gumdrop
1st Oct 2006, 09:43

You know, I always thaught TC was a complete baffoon during his Top Gun/Days Of Thunder swank, but then he jumped in and did Interview With a Vampire and I thaught he was actually rather good. Didn't really see him in much after that but then I happened to watch The Last Samurai and thaught he was half decent in that... atleast in some of the earlier scenes.

I was starting to think he's actually not that bad as far as movie stars go - infact he's probably a better actor than most of the new breed (post mid 90's), but then he goes and flips out and my basic instinct (beyond hunt/sleep/sex/sleep/forage/dominate/thieve/sleep) comes to the fore and I feel angry for not going along with my first primal whiff of the guy. Has that whole couch jumping thing really become a common phrase in America? Please say no. :confused:

Headache
2nd Oct 2006, 00:09
..Viggo Mortensen..
In LOTR: Fellowship of The Ring, he could fit the part nicely, if he was in the dark hooded outfit at the Prancing Pony..

:whistle: