PDA

View Full Version : You know what I just realised...

gingerspice+tombobsessed
31st Mar 2006, 16:15
I know this is dumb but just think...once we have Legend...do you know how many times we can beat the frickin' thing!!!!!

I mean, think about it this way, if it's as long as AOD was then I am perfectly fine with the length. And the first time we play it, we're not gonna find every single secret...it's gonna take probably 2 or 3 times beating it to find out all the secrets. The first time we play we're probably just going to do the basics and what we're supposed to do, then the 2nd time we'll be familiar with the surroundings so we'll be able to explore more. ANd just think about Croft Manor!!!! OMG - every time i think about that I get so frickin' excited it's not even funny. They said there's like 80 some secrets or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is gonna be so fun finding them all. And when they said that you have to find your guns, health kits, etc. before you use them - that is so cool!!!

So, I don't think we should worry about the length at all - it'll be plenty long enough. I think Croft Manor alone is going to be the best level ever because the first game I played of TR was AOD and there was no mansion so I'm really looking forward to Croft Manor!!!!

dhama
31st Mar 2006, 16:26
Well, I think we should all stop analysing and just enjoy the entertainment.

One things for sure, we can never get enough of it... :D

WraithStar
31st Mar 2006, 18:17
Unless the story is different for multiple play-through's, I'm only going to play it once. I can never stand to play through something that I just won because I remember most of the levels well enough that there's no sense of wonder or adventure anymore. It's just retracing my footsteps. With a few RPG's, the story changes based on my choices, so the game actually feels different. Even then, I can only play it two or three times until I've experienced all of the angles of the story. I don't care enough about unlocking outfits to bother playing through it again with a walkthrough finding secrets I missed. If there are cheatcodes, I'll use them after I win the game in order to see everything, though.

Mangar The Dark
31st Mar 2006, 19:26
I'm with you, Wraithstar. I very rarely replay a game unless I'm extremely bored... there's just too much other stuff to do (new games, new books, hobbies, work, etc.) I didn't even replay KOTOR, which really could have been replayed since your actions actually change the course of the story.
Still, I have replayed parts of the previous Tomb Raider games, but that was years ago... I seemed to have more free time when I was younger, I guess.

WraithStar
31st Mar 2006, 19:34
I was actually thinking of KOTOR when I included the caveat about RPG games:) I played KOTOR I & II twice each, once as a good female and once as a bad male (the first is close to myself, and the second is attempting to get as different as possible in order to see the whole game). I do replay other types of games, but only years after I played them the first time. For example, with TR 1-5, I played them once when I first got them. I played them each a second time within the past few months because it was long enough that I couldn't remember what happened in too much detail.

GoranAgar
31st Mar 2006, 21:04
I was actually thinking of KOTOR when I included the caveat about RPG games:) I played KOTOR I & II twice each, once as a good female and once as a bad male
Well, I guess you can help me then. I am stuck in the tutorial of KOTOR II. It wants me to shoot those flying balls with T3-M4 Watchamacallit. I have no clue how to give it the weapons the other droid has and how to shoot. The manual sucks and I tried like half an hour. Any help would be appreciated.

Mangar The Dark
31st Mar 2006, 21:17
Well, I guess you can help me then. I am stuck in the tutorial of KOTOR II. It wants me to shoot those flying balls with T3-M4 Watchamacallit. I have no clue how to give it the weapons the other droid has and how to shoot. The manual sucks and I tried like half an hour. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmmm... it's been a while since I played that part of it, but I don't remember there being anything tricky about it (then again, I played my way through KOTOR 1, so the tutorial in KOTOR II was basically a waste of time for me.) What system are you playing it on? Did you go to the inventory screen to make sure the weapon is equipped?

The tutorial is kind of dull and longwinded anyway... you might want to just skip it if you're really stuck (it contributes nothing to the overall plot, really.)

David 070
31st Mar 2006, 21:20
i cant stop wondering what will be after legend.?.

WraithStar
1st Apr 2006, 04:34

It's been almost a year since I played it, so my memory isn't the clearest. You have to go to the inventory screen and equip the weapon. If you don't have any weapons in your inventory, then you have to unequip them from the orange droid first. I think you bring up the options screen, then just click on the droid's picture, then on the equipment tab (which probably has a gun on it) and then it shows you what's already equipped and has a list of the rest of the stuff you have. It's pretty intuitive, but I do remember being confused the first time I encountered it. I don't know how to shoot. Can you bring up a list of the controls and see what's mapped to the attack button?

GoranAgar
1st Apr 2006, 08:19
I am playing on the XBox. Wrong. I was playing on the XBox. That game gets sold.

John Carter
1st Apr 2006, 08:30
Check your PM ref Kotor. :)

Hey, what keyboard combo do you use to get Lara to do that fancy acrobatic split manuever?