PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend coming on Nintendo DS, GBA and Gamecube!!

MissLara2U
31st Mar 2006, 09:14
"Tomb Raider Legend is the first version in the Tomb Raider series to be developed by the Group's Crystal Dynamics Studio in the United States. The game, which is based on a completely redesigned engine, has attracted very strong reviews and has been featured on the front covers of over 100 magazines worldwide over the past months.

"The product will be launched with a worldwide TV advertising campaign and extensive outdoor advertising. As well as being available on Playstation 2, Xbox and PC, Tomb Raider Legend will be simultaneously launched on the Microsoft Xbox 360 and, in May 2006, will be available on the Sony PSP.

"With further versions available on mobile as well as the Nintendo DS, GBA and Gamecube platforms later in the summer, this will be the first time that a Tomb Raider product has been available to customers on so many key platforms."

FULL INTERIM RESULTS AND PRESS RELEASE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2671.html)

CatSuit&Ponytail
31st Mar 2006, 09:32
YAY GAMECUBE! :D But damn, that means we have to have it in even MORE formats. :rolleyes:

BloodRayne
31st Mar 2006, 11:22
ah i just posted this too. but i dunno how to delete mine >___<

GoranAgar
31st Mar 2006, 12:07
What my wife said. :(

:D

Treeble
31st Mar 2006, 13:57
YAY GAMECUBE! :D But damn, that means we have to have it in even MORE formats. :rolleyes:

But I KNOW you are as happy as I am Cat!!! *hugs his Cube*

I know I'm so happy I could explode any minute! Having hard time controlling my heartbeat here! :eek: :eek: lol

Seriously, thank you VERY MUCH Eidos. You've reconquered a lost hardcore fan giving him a chance to play the new game! :thumbsup:

RuumTaedor
31st Mar 2006, 15:50
That's great to hear that Tomb Raider Legend will be available on more platforms, but aren't they forgetting one platform? I haven't seen one scrap of information so far. :(

ShadowOfOblivion
31st Mar 2006, 16:42
Lara on the DS? Poor girl. Men will be poking her bum with the DS's stick.

lara_legend
31st Mar 2006, 18:46
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
I hope it will also come out on GBA cause i have a GBA.
That could be sooooo very very cool.
Man i am dying from happiness cause the demo is as good in my pc, the full game comes out over 5 days, and then later on the game on GBA.
* FAINTS *

Mekairinek
31st Mar 2006, 18:49
I literally *screamed* of happiness when I saw the news. *___*

Even though I ordered it for Xbox, Nintendo's always been my preference and I'm stoked us Nintendophiles are getting TRL.

I'm SO getting it for the 'Cube, that's for sure! Never hurts to have more than one~! =3

lara_legend
31st Mar 2006, 19:13
I literally *screamed* of happiness when I saw the news. *___*

Even though I ordered it for Xbox, Nintendo's always been my preference and I'm stoked us Nintendophiles are getting TRL.

I'm SO getting it for the 'Cube, that's for sure! Never hurts to have more than one~! =3

Like this: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

WraithStar
31st Mar 2006, 19:16
That's great to hear that Tomb Raider Legend will be available on more platforms, but aren't they forgetting one platform? I haven't seen one scrap of information so far. :(

Which one? Do you mean Mac?

Angelique
31st Mar 2006, 21:01
Okay guys stupid question here....but what does GBA stand for? :o

BloodRayne
31st Mar 2006, 21:18
Game Boy Advanced

Angelique
31st Mar 2006, 21:27
Thanks!

Isaac
31st Mar 2006, 21:30
Well I'm not sure about that, there was a Tomb Raider Game that came out on the Game Boy Advance and It wasn't the best Tomb Raider, so making TRL on GBA, I'm not sure. Same thing for DS, the textures are not really beautiful, It's pixelised and the 3D is almost poor, so making a Tomb Raider Legend on DS could be ugly.

But on GameCube, I don't see why it wouldn't work...

Treeble
31st Mar 2006, 21:42
Well I'm not sure about that, there was a Tomb Raider Game that came out on the Game Boy Advance and It wasn't the best Tomb Raider, so making TRL on GBA, I'm not sure.

I could bet the Tomb Raider: the Prophecy (GBA) has received a better rating than Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness (PS2), and another one or two games of the series. ;)

Isaac
31st Mar 2006, 21:52
Yeah, That I know but it's not the same feeling.

I mean, in the other Tomb Raider, the best things of the game is the Cinematics, the feeling, the 3D well everything !

In Tomb Raider, the Prophecy, we don't even have a Croft Manor, it's easy to find secrets and it's not the same feeling...

Treeble
31st Mar 2006, 21:55
In Tomb Raider, the Prophecy, we don't even have a Croft Manor, it's easy to find secrets and it's not the same feeling...

Tomb Raider Chronicles, Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness... :rolleyes:

I see what you mean about cutscenes though, but The Prophecy has a smart way around this with the story being shown on screen and quick Lara monologues. The main reason I play Tomb Raider is the gameplay and fun, not the cutscenes nor story, although, yes, those may add to the game. ;)

Joshorty
31st Mar 2006, 23:50
Well this is good for nintendo-ers:) my 'lil bro has a DS so....:D my family's gonna be gettin' so much for TR LEGEND:D

older bro=PC
me =PSP+PS2
'lil bro =DS

WOW:eek: I've never gasped like that in my life.

Trinity34
1st Apr 2006, 00:08
What's a nintendo? :D :D :rolleyes:

RuumTaedor
1st Apr 2006, 04:36
Which one? Do you mean Mac?
Yes, I have whined about this in the past, and even made a suggestion in the suggestions thread and submitted a question in the questions thread (guess you missed it). No matter, I'll be happy to whine some more. There have been Mac versions in the past, so I can hope there would be a Mac version of Legend. Thanks for asking. Feel free to send me your sympathy. :)

midroth
1st Apr 2006, 05:04
So far I know, Nintendo Revolution is comming ~juli/06. Lara would be a Legendary Revolution... :D

Yes, I have something Shakespear didn't had...

...a Computer.

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Apr 2006, 09:03
But I KNOW you are as happy as I am Cat!!! *hugs his Cube*

Yes, I love that little Cube. *pets pretty purple box.* :o

Paul-uk
1st Apr 2006, 11:01
GameCube!!!!!!!!! yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*Cant to see those FABulous graphics*

WraithStar
1st Apr 2006, 18:07
Yes, I have whined about this in the past, and even made a suggestion in the suggestions thread and submitted a question in the questions thread (guess you missed it). No matter, I'll be happy to whine some more. There have been Mac versions in the past, so I can hope there would be a Mac version of Legend. Thanks for asking. Feel free to send me your sympathy. :)

I think I did see your question, otherwise I wouldn't have realized that you were referring to Mac (for some reason, I don't think of computers as platforms even though they are). Hopefully you will be able to play it too:)

Acceber
1st Apr 2006, 18:16
I am used to not hearing anything about the Mac version for months after the game has been released on the other platforms. I have mentioned the word 'Mac' in jaycw2309's vicinity a few times, but the darn bait hasn't taken....

Denny33142
2nd Apr 2006, 01:04
Making a GameCube version is a good idea. but i dont see how making a GBA version would be good. the graphics on the GBA is way to weak

so then in graphics it should stand like this:

GBA
DS
PSP
GameCube/PS2
PC (low end)
XBOX
XBOX360/PC (high end)

RuumTaedor
3rd Apr 2006, 17:30
I think I did see your question, otherwise I wouldn't have realized that you were referring to Mac (for some reason, I don't think of computers as platforms even though they are). Hopefully you will be able to play it too:)
(Almost forgot I wanted to reply. There goes my failing memory again.)

Perhaps that was an incorrect assumption on my part. I'm glad you remembered my Mac woes. I don't have a PC at home, and my PC at work won't cut it, but our new PCs just arrived, so hopefully I'll be able to try the demo on the new machine (as I have done in the past with previous Tomb Raiders). With any luck, one day I'll be able to play the Mac version at home.