PDA

View Full Version : New screenshots

TheLegend
28th Mar 2006, 16:54
Heya everyone! There are some new screens of the game on most platforms on tombraider.com and tombraiderchronicles.com, including some new city level shots and one of Amanda wearing... not a lot!

Xbox:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_xbox1_screenshots_07/screen2.jpg

PSP:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_psp_screenshots_08/screen3.jpg

StarChampagne
28th Mar 2006, 19:18
Hehehe. Thanks :)

Is it just me or are there a lot of 'dark' areas to explore eg. there's a quite gothic-looking castle and the base in the cold region looks a bit foreboding. Can't wait!

TheLegend
28th Mar 2006, 21:28
Yeah there are quite a few... they aren't my favourite type of level for some reason; they seem structured and too limited for the roaming in levels we've been promised. Also I've gone off 'street-wandering' environments since AOD. However, I suppose they'll bring variation to the game, and the Tokyo level looks amazing! What I am more worried about is that CD keep on releasing more and more images of new costumes, levels and characters... where are the surprises! :confused: I've been avoiding all pics of the mansion and spoilers about the plot. I haven't even got the demo... hopefully it's worth the wait.

StarChampagne
29th Mar 2006, 17:21
I don't mind dark levels personally, and they seem to be balanced out by 'lighter' levels eg. Bolivia... And hopefully CD are keeping the lid on some stuff. But when you think about it... bearing in mind that Amanda is such a 3D character, we don't know much about this Rutland guy, do we? If he's not just a boring, stereotypical villain he might have a backstory. And all this personal Lara stuff - she loses her mother, but I don't think we know much about the specifics there either. And then there's this whole artefact. I don't know, I could be wrong and there's nothing to it, but it seems like there's still quite a few things we don't know much about.

But it's true CD have released a lot of material - probably all the outfits, many characters and enough screenshots to sink a virtual navy. And if the manor is as massive as we've heard, then the few pics there are don't begin to cover it. I'm sure there'll be surprises, in levels as well as plot. Hmm... long post. :rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
29th Mar 2006, 21:43
It's always funny to me when people complain about a company releasing too much information about a product-- just don't read it! I've just been staying away from spoilers completely (aside from occasional screenshots) so when you talk about Amanda and Rutland, I don't even know who you mean. In fact, I know NOTHING about the game's story (you mentioned Bolivia, so I guess Lara goes there at some point, but that's about the extent of what I know.)
So really the trick to having surprises when you play the game is to simply keep away from all the spoilers. ;)

TheLegend
31st Mar 2006, 14:47
Yeah true... but I'm too weak! Those tempting snippets of info keep finding their ways into my brain! I have resisted looking at any shots of the mansion thou :) and I've avoided most posts with *spoiler* written on them.

WraithStar
31st Mar 2006, 18:39
It's always funny to me when people complain about a company releasing too much information about a product-- just don't read it! I've just been staying away from spoilers completely (aside from occasional screenshots) so when you talk about Amanda and Rutland, I don't even know who you mean. In fact, I know NOTHING about the game's story (you mentioned Bolivia, so I guess Lara goes there at some point, but that's about the extent of what I know.)
So really the trick to having surprises when you play the game is to simply keep away from all the spoilers. ;)

It's extremely difficult not to find spoilers when searching for simple information such as when the demo will be released or what the control system is;) (Seriously, some of the thread titles give too much away...) Anyhow, I'm not annoyed that I know all of the stuff they've released so far. What worries me is that they've released enough to get a clear idea of what the game is about. If the game turns out to be something different, then I will probably be annoyed that it wasn't what I expected (that happened with Underworld 2 because the commercials and the first 5 minutes of the movie set it up to be something that it wasn't, so even though it was good I was very disappointed that it wasn't what I thought it would be). On the other hand, if Legend turns out to be exactly what it looks like, then I will also be annoyed because I do hope that there's a lot more to it than what we've seen so far. I don't think that they should have released anything about Amanda. I don't think advertising Amanda's existence will really increase sales, and it will most likely subtract from the game because it won't be a surprise. *sighs* Whatever. I guess if the game sells well, I'll assume that they knew what they were doing with the advertising and I'll be happy to look forward to TR8.

lllll
31st Mar 2006, 19:02
"We listened to the people and we are taking Lara back to the caves and tombs" -Crystal Dynamics.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_ps2_screenshots_25/screen2.jpg

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_ps2_screenshots_27/screen7.jpg

Ahum.

WraithStar
31st Mar 2006, 19:13
You should have been here earlier, lllll. You missed the debate/argument over this;) I don't mind non-tomb areas in and of themselves. I do get annoyed when people say one thing and do another.

lllll
31st Mar 2006, 19:20
Yes WraithStar, I mean CD can do what they want, it is their game and they want to make money so I am not complaining about that.

But they at least could be consistent in what they say and do, that is what I humbly ask :o
I don't mind some Venice or Area 51 like locations though :p