PDA

View Full Version : A new old render for you all...

Trinity34
28th Mar 2006, 01:03
:D Took me while but it came out good...

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/307/lararender17rp.gif

For all you non-believers out there, I increased the resolution to 95dpi using Photoshop. Then cut it out using the polygonal lasso.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4829/proof0fj.jpg

EDIT: Looks like the edges need to be blurred. :rolleyes:

traiderspy
28th Mar 2006, 01:04
awesome work Trinity! :D

David 070
28th Mar 2006, 01:39
cool! thanks! ;)

Johnny
28th Mar 2006, 03:32
Nice job, Trin! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dragonhunter
29th Mar 2006, 01:16
EDIT: Looks like the edges need to be blurred. :rolleyes:

Next time, instead of using the lasso, try using the eraser tool, decrease the opacity and flow for the eraser at the top menu.

What this does is it blends. You can keep the object's background transparent in its own layer. It leaves a nice edge. This makes it look nice no matter what background you want to place it on. Also looks nice when/if you add layer styles.

It is a little tedious, but worth the effort.

:D

Trinity34
29th Mar 2006, 01:22
Thanks dragonhunter. :)

dragonhunter
29th Mar 2006, 01:28
Thanks dragonhunter. :)

You are welcome:D

maniac44
29th Mar 2006, 04:00
Was the background just that gray color?
If so, use the "Magic Wand" in Photoshop. Make sure its "anti-aliased" and "contiguous" features are turned on. You might have to mess around with the tolerance setting if you're not getting all of the gray.
Then all you have to do is click once on the gray color and you've selected all of the gray. You can either delete the gray or do a "Select Inverse" and you have Lara.

Trinity34
29th Mar 2006, 23:33
Was the background just that gray color?
If so, use the "Magic Wand" in Photoshop. Make sure its "anti-aliased" and "contiguous" features are turned on. You might have to mess around with the tolerance setting if you're not getting all of the gray.
Then all you have to do is click once on the gray color and you've selected all of the gray. You can either delete the gray or do a "Select Inverse" and you have Lara.

The only problem with it was that part of the gun and I think part of the boot was erased... but did not try inverse. Thanks maniac44. :)