PDA

View Full Version : Crashed

ShyLad
27th Mar 2006, 12:14
It froze on me over the weekend - only the once so far! The game just froze and I had to reset my PS2. It's where Lara is shimmying along a soon-to-collapse ledge under a waterfall. It nearly crashed on a previous go too - I tried to jump on to a rock which couldn't be jumped on to and Lara kept hopping on the spot but I managed to back-flip her away from it.

Even though it has frozen on me I'm not worried as it is only a demo. The game is everything I want it to be and I will no doubt spend endless hours playing it - especially trying to find all the secrets!

Even though I was a great fan of controlling Lara with the D-pad in previous versions except TR: TAOD, analog stick control is spot-on! I like the way Crystal Dynamics have made use of the D-pad in this version.

uzigirl
27th Mar 2006, 13:29
I would take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement.

munchkin
27th Mar 2006, 15:17
I would take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement.

yeah me too. the version i've beenplaying to death has been 100% fine.

good luck
beccax

GoranAgar
27th Mar 2006, 15:20
We played the demo now several dozen times and it never froze or crashed.

ShyLad
28th Mar 2006, 08:22
It froze on me over the weekend - only the once so far! The game just froze and I had to reset my PS2. It's where Lara is shimmying along a soon-to-collapse ledge under a waterfall. It nearly crashed on a previous go too - I tried to jump on to a rock which couldn't be jumped on to and Lara kept hopping on the spot but I managed to back-flip her away from it.

Even though it has frozen on me I'm not worried as it is only a demo. The game is everything I want it to be and I will no doubt spend endless hours playing it - especially trying to find all the secrets!

Even though I was a great fan of controlling Lara with the D-pad in previous versions except TR: TAOD, analog stick control is spot-on! I like the way Crystal Dynamics have made use of the D-pad in this version.

Just remembered, the demo actually froze on my friend's slimline PS2 (he has the model SCPH-75003, the one that a small number of older PSone/PS2 games may or may not work on). It actually hasn't frozen on my slimline PS2. I've played the demo now over 20 times on mine!!!

dhama
28th Mar 2006, 08:30
Was this the point that it was coming from or going to a cutscene? Through experience this is the place most likely to freeze if at all. I had this happen a few times with various games, including TR2 as the cutscene was finishing after Lara had pulled the dagger of Xian from it's belly, albeit on a PC.