PDA

View Full Version : XBOX,PC or PS2?

Denny33142
26th Mar 2006, 21:50
Im still debating as to which system i should buy tomb raider for. i have PC,XBOX,PS2 i want to get 1 for a hardware that will provide a nice blend of good gameplay,graphics and frame rate. i dont know if my pc will run it ok, my pc specs are:

WINDOWS XP PRO

AMD SEMPRON 2400+ @ 1.8GHZ

896MB OF RAM

POWERCOLOR RADEON 9600PRO 256MB

now i dont know how well i will be able to run the game. low,medium,high:confused: . if i could run it at medium or fairly high then ail most likely get the pc version if not then i will have to get or the xbox version or the ps2

the ps2 and xbox i have hooked up to an HDTV (with component cables)

so which do you guys think will be the best?

any suggestion would greatly be appreciated

SCrow816
27th Mar 2006, 00:29
well i havent played this game yet heheh

but if the requirments for this game are anything like EverQuest 2 you WILL want to upgrade.

im running:
amd athlon 64 2800+ (Newcastle)
1gb (2x 512) of Kingston pc3200 ram
Ati Raedoen x800pro

and i really need anther gb of ram, a much better video card and faster processor

but i also don't know the requirments of the game lol

Joshorty
27th Mar 2006, 00:59
Well, I understand your demands on graphics and stuff....I'm just aiming for the "gameplay factor":) (And it's said many times in this forum that "Xbox moves the smoothest", Ps2 is just great, X360 is gorgeous yet for some reason, it moves laggy:confused: PC is just invincible....PSP's just amazing:D )

GrieverFX
27th Mar 2006, 04:43
From your com spec, I think you can play it at medium quality or maybe a bit more, so for the PC. Besides, if there're bug appear (hopely no :p ) just get the patch, easy isn't ;)

Inserity
27th Mar 2006, 05:19
Go here to test your computer: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/eidos?registration_option_id=2524

These may or may not be the offical specs but they seem close enough. It tests it in 3 different sections: Minimum, Recommended and Optimal.

Denny, judging by your specs it looks like you'll be running TR:L in low settings, but check the site to be certain. :D

My specs:

AMD 64 3200+
1GB Kingston HyperRAM
XFX 7800GT 256MB

My score is one thing under optimal and that is 512MB for my gfx card. But really,that isnt a problem. 256MB GRam should be fine. And Scrow, 1GB Ram is fine and 1GB is in the optimal settings.

Denny33142
27th Mar 2006, 17:54
this is what i got for the minimum specs

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 3 or Athlon XP equivalent
You Have: AMD Sempron(TM) 2400+ PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: 1 GHz
You Have: 1.8 GHz Performance Rated at 2.4 GHz PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 256 MB
You Have: 895.5 MB PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows 2000/XP only
You Have: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
Video Card
Minimum: 100% DirectX 9.0c - compatible 64 MB 3D Accelerated Card with TnL (GeForce 3Ti / Radeon 9 series)
You Have: RADEON 9600 SERIES (ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)) PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 256.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 2.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6587 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Standard Game Port PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.0.0.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 9.9 GB
You Have: 25.9 GB PASS
DVD
Minimum: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
You Have: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

my video card is the only one that doesnt pass the recommended specs, it missed by one bar

so you think i could run it in medium? if i can only run it at low then ail might as well just get it for the xbox

TheLegend
27th Mar 2006, 23:35
Yay! I passed with flying colours for the PC requirements test. I'm gonna get it on PS2 then decide whether it is worth it for the PC. Certainly looks stunning though!

Inserity
28th Mar 2006, 01:14
Denny, you may be able to but it also depends on if you like controller's or WASD (read: keyboard). You can get a controller for the PC but its a bit different.

Denny33142
28th Mar 2006, 17:44
thanx, if the pc demo comes out the 11th (since i think it might come out the lastest the twenty something i think) then ail download and see how well it plays on my pc

and the xbox graphics are awesome i mean why else would all of TR:L gameplay videos be shown on the xbox

anyways i have a question, is the xbox version in widescreen or fullscreen?

carlo
29th Mar 2006, 08:30
Im still debating as to which system i should buy tomb raider for. i have PC,XBOX,PS2 i want to get 1 for a hardware that will provide a nice blend of good gameplay,graphics and frame rate. i dont know if my pc will run it ok, my pc specs are:

WINDOWS XP PRO

AMD SEMPRON 2400+ @ 1.8GHZ

896MB OF RAM

POWERCOLOR RADEON 9600PRO 256MB

now i dont know how well i will be able to run the game. low,medium,high:confused: . if i could run it at medium or fairly high then ail most likely get the pc version if not then i will have to get or the xbox version or the ps2

the ps2 and xbox i have hooked up to an HDTV (with component cables)

so which do you guys think will be the best?

any suggestion would greatly be appreciated

You have HDTV!! Buy an xbox 360 then! should look and play the best of all versions especially with a high def tv

Denny33142
29th Mar 2006, 20:37
[QUOTE=carlo]looks at this: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=909081

xbox 360 is already at 280.00

ail most likely get one but not in time for tomb raider, most likely in about 2 months