PDA

View Full Version : possible to change camera movement ??

jamieuk23
24th Mar 2006, 16:30
Hi just bought them game and it looks really cool had a quick game of it and loved it.

only problem is though I find controling the camera a total nightmare comming from playing rome total war for years.

pressing the up and down arrows on my keyboard make the camera move up and down which is fine but when I use the left and right arrows it spins the camera around..

but I would much prefare the camera just moving to the left of the screen or right with out it spinning.

is there any way round this ??

bodkinhead
29th Mar 2006, 00:32
Hi just bought them game and it looks really cool had a quick game of it and loved it.

only problem is though I find controling the camera a total nightmare comming from playing rome total war for years.

pressing the up and down arrows on my keyboard make the camera move up and down which is fine but when I use the left and right arrows it spins the camera around..

but I would much prefare the camera just moving to the left of the screen or right with out it spinning.

is there any way round this ??

I wanted to do the same. If you know the basics of modding you can change
the keyboard designation it's one of the files in teclas folder, I think, I'm not at home right now possibly camera.sb :confused: . Only problem was I couldn't figure out what the left and right arrow keys were called by the game I tried Key_left and Key_right but it didn't work. I need to go back and have a more thorough look at it.

a120
12th Apr 2006, 05:15
Imperial Glory's key layout is a bit confusing. Instead of laying the game's key layout as traditional RTS games, the team chose more of a FPS layout. Anyways, this should help.

W- Moves camera forward
A- Moves camera back
S- Moves camera left
D- Moves camera right

Up arrow- Moves camera forward
Down arrow- Moves camera back
Left arrow- Rotates camera left
Right arrow- Rotates camera right

Lefebvre
15th Apr 2006, 02:37
a member called eastcoasthandle posted this ages ago here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51110

Quote from: eastcoasthandle
In the sub directory for data.pak\Game\GameModes\Batalla\camera.sb (battlefield) the camera.sb file has this command at the bottom of the page:
ENABLE_ROTATION TRUE
If you switch it to FALSE you will not rotate the camera view in battle.

You have to unpack the data.pak file to do this, but it does solve the problem without using the WASD keys instead of mouse.

I'd just use the WASD keys myself, with keys and mouse together it allows for greater flexibility in the movement of the camera.

Anyway, hope that helps.