PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Government type do you like the most?

mongoose8
23rd Mar 2006, 17:29
i personally like the one were you get surgery:thumbsup:

i foget what one im doing but it sucks

hardyea
26th Mar 2006, 16:16
I like the autocracy one, that is when you get to surgey and still after that, you can get something else, not just dictator, so you can marrie someone else. But forget that because, I can't get it to work.

von_lipwig
30th Mar 2006, 09:01
Absolute monarchy is what you're looking for. And it does work, only you can only marry your heir to a country that also has a monarchy. The other country must be in the third age for that. Unfortunately, this means a 5 year wait for me most of the time.

hardyea
30th Mar 2006, 16:42
Von, I wont to know what happens when you marrie? Like I have no idea what happens. I am Way Ahead of all the countries in the reseach. So I don't get it. I don't wont to wait long. So, Talk to you later. :thumbsup:

von_lipwig
2nd Apr 2006, 01:02
I thought it meant absolute peace if you married into another empire, and annexation if you marry into a neutral country.

officerpuppy
2nd Apr 2006, 04:28
Yeah you can get attacked even with a marriage, like in real life. France married into Austria but Austria attacked France in the end anyhow.

hardyea
2nd Apr 2006, 04:36
MARRIAGE SUCKS, i thought when you marrie, you get to become a important stuff with that other country, or at least become merge with that country. I just married Great Britian, And only it does like brings up the symothey like 25%. It sucks. I Blown off 100,000$ to marrie them, and I can't even get that back. Man this sucks. I got a hard version, and now i got no money to help me. man if Astria goes to war with me {The Strongest Country with the campain right now} I can't help me at all. Ok, the thing i say is, DON"T MARRIE. Its Just a waste of money. If you have to marrie, don't marrie Great Britian. They Cost to much to and they just suck. They Wont do anything to help you. Like if you wont to make a coliation aganist some country, well they just wont do it with you. peace

officerpuppy
2nd Apr 2006, 07:02
Marriage has its ups and downs :p Depends on the campaign and how things are going for you. Indeed, marriage with GB might not be the best thing unless you need the backing of a strong navy or they have a strong presence in Europe.

In one of my campaigns England just had its islands, Russia had the east and parts of North Africa. Austria had all of middle Europe and I only had France and Spain and Prussia was occupied by the Russians. I couldnt take on Austria since they had the largest army, I married into Austria then had them become my allies, then I declared war on Russia. With the marriage and the alliance, I had the sufficent man power to kick the Russians out of Africa while the Russians focus their army against the Austrians.

Had I not married into Austria, if I declared war on Russia, there was a good chance the Russians would set up a coallition against me with Austria and id be beat. Even Austria stayed out of the war, my armies were no match for the bulk of the Russian armies.

General Cassard
2nd Apr 2006, 08:26
Marriage has its ups and downs :p Depends on the campaign and how things are going for you. Indeed, marriage with GB might not be the best thing unless you need the backing of a strong navy or they have a strong presence in Europe.

In one of my campaigns England just had its islands, Russia had the east and parts of North Africa. Austria had all of middle Europe and I only had France and Spain and Prussia was occupied by the Russians. I couldnt take on Austria since they had the largest army, I married into Austria then had them become my allies, then I declared war on Russia. With the marriage and the alliance, I had the sufficent man power to kick the Russians out of Africa while the Russians focus their army against the Austrians.

Had I not married into Austria, if I declared war on Russia, there was a good chance the Russians would set up a coallition against me with Austria and id be beat. Even Austria stayed out of the war, my armies were no match for the bulk of the Russian armies.

As France, the opposing armies are always larger than mine, yet I can go through an entire campain without losing a single land battle.

It's all about tactics and general strategy.

You have to know which territories to attack from, and the ones in which you should fight in a purely defensive manner. Military hopsitals help as well, but you also need to make sure that if you're defending the capital of a conquered nation, to have some extra officers and units garrisoned in case any of your units are totally wiped out and can't be healed.

In my current campaign, I had Spain, Portugal, and the Helvetian Republic, while Britain controlled Norway, Denmark, Batavia, Hanover, Papal State and Morocco. I left two armies in the peninsula to defend Spain and Portugal from an invasion via Morocco, meanwhile I was totally outnumbered by the British while defending the Champagne and Provence. They poured army after army after army into my ghetto Maginot line until they just had nothing left, at which point I just strolled into to aforementioned territories and simply took over, except Morocco because I had no navy.

A while later, Prussia had control of Saxony, Poland, Sweden, Egypt, Moscow, and had occupied Russia, whilst Austria had control of Tripolitania, The Ottoman Empire, the 3 southernmost Russian territories, Two Sicilies, Piedmont, and all of Eastern Europe.

Different countries, same plan. I fought defensively, inflicting crushing defeats on both armies. Britain and a newly liberated Russia even joined in against me, but it was no use. After losing two Sicilies and a chunk of its army, Austria sued for peace. I was then able to focus my military machine on Prussia, and after about a year I had all of their territories except Brandenburg and East Prussia.

So in only a few years, I was able to go from only 4 territories to all of Central Europe, most of Italy, and all of Scandinavia, despite being terribly outnumbered with less territories and resources.

von_lipwig
3rd Apr 2006, 13:17
When I played as France I noticed that ENgland was getting more and more mainland provinces. Since they were getting on my nerves and they were really getting in the way of further expansion, I Decided to go to war with them, even though all my main trade routes went through English ports and/or cities. After successfully 'Liberating' Batavia, Hanover, Spain and the Helvetian Republic I was glad that I had full use of my military hospitals, since I was never beaten but still got some real hard hits to endure.

(That's why I like autocracies)

England finally sues for peace, but not before I had dramatically decreased their lands in central Europe.

And my armies are almost up to full force again. I can't wait to have some tea with England again...

mongoose8
5th Apr 2006, 00:00
i havent married yet, but i would just marry a neutral:thumbsup:
then you at least get something

Curioso
13th Apr 2006, 09:47
I generally hate absoute monarchy and autoritarism but in this game it is useful for the surgery. Absolute monarchy is the best!

NaPoLeOn_FusilieR
25th Apr 2006, 08:55
I've chosen for Republic. And before that, when I had to go to the Second Era, I chose for Democracy. Actualy not typical French but still I rule about my own French Empire. :p

The_King
28th Apr 2006, 16:13
Hey guys,...:)

lol yeah... absolute monarcy is the best!

I always use them for Austria and Russia (Prussia sometimes)

I mostly use a democratic goverment for Great Britain and Prussia :cool: