PDA

View Full Version : New Patch Including an Improved Cheat Detection System!

MattD
23rd Mar 2006, 16:55
We are pleased to announce that a new patch has gone live for the PS2 version of 25 to Life, which includes a new cheat detection system.

A brand new weapon has also been added for both the Law Enforcement and Criminal teams.

Eidos would like to thank all of the people who took the time to report cheating issues in the game. This patch should help alleviate future issues.

Drama-G
23rd Mar 2006, 16:57
Is this why it says patch corrupt when I log in? Usually it goes smooth but last night and this morning it kept tellin me that one of the patches was corrupt and it couldnt save so I couldnt go online...it pissed me off..lol.

Cubamix
23rd Mar 2006, 17:55
We are pleased to announce that a new patch has gone live for the PS2 version of 25 to Life, which includes a new cheat detection system.

A brand new weapon has also been added for both the Law Enforcement and Criminal teams.

Eidos would like to thank all of the people who took the time to report cheating issues in the game. This patch should help alleviate future issues.

when is the patch for PC coming up.:thumbsup:

chicagodave
23rd Mar 2006, 18:06
oh wow!!!!! thank god seriously. finally. heck yea ill be playing tonite hopefully will have no problems with the patch.

chicagodave
23rd Mar 2006, 18:12
i know this is asking a lot any chance you can reset stats for those who cheated and got to the top.

!nFeRn0
23rd Mar 2006, 18:43
when is the patch for PC coming up.:thumbsup:
Yea everyone cares just for PS2:mad: :mad: I don't like PS2, i want to see patch for PC!!!:D

Tattood
23rd Mar 2006, 19:59
What are the new weapons? I've looked thru my weapon assortment and I don't notice anything new.

DamonD666
24th Mar 2006, 00:24
Law Enforcement and Criminals both gained the 50 Cal Sniper and SAW as primary weapons.

Oh, and I would also like to know if anything can/will be done about those who have cheated to gain an extremely high rank in the game. Use the #1 ranked player as as example (CriminaL). His stats are ridiculous, and are obviously the result of cheating. The same can be said for most others in the top ranks.

UnLuCkY
24th Mar 2006, 13:22
Finally, I hope it isn't too late then ever.

WeBeOwnin
24th Mar 2006, 15:20
[QUOTE=DamonD666]Law Enforcement gained the 50 Cal Sniper and SAW. Criminals gained the SAW.
Both weapons are available as primary weapons.

uh oh that means there will be some machine gun whore noobs.If everyone whores the gun up then ill join em. that sniper is badass

JustinTheGamer
24th Mar 2006, 20:58
:confused: Are they planning on an update for Xbox or PC?

J Bless
25th Mar 2006, 14:39
Please update the X Box....:(

Mate53
25th Mar 2006, 21:28
is there going to be a patch for xbox? the modders, and glitchers in the xbox versoin, is really high, i feedback those who i do see cheating, almost everyone on the top ten list used glitches to get there, its pissin' me off, the game used to be great, clean, and fun, untill, glitches!! i also think u guys released this game alittle too early, there lots of bugs online, maybe u guys should have game masters, from microsoft, to play the game, daily, as if they were a regular gamer, and ban cheaters, modders, ect. the game used to be great, but now its like the ghetto hood of video games :( :(

-=TK=- b3nd3r
26th Mar 2006, 13:21
ps2 = more users = prioritzed
xbox and pc = lol no

changelog please? wud like 2 know whats been fixed

Mate53
26th Mar 2006, 19:25
the cheating system has been fixed, and PS2 can suck it, u cant just upgrade one system, whats fair in that? theres more glitchers in the xbox than any other system!

Riggzo
26th Mar 2006, 19:56
You say that yet you dont play any other system :rolleyes:

Mate53
27th Mar 2006, 02:42
no i think its gay that the upgrade is only for PS2, which is gay, i play every sytem, PS2 can still suck it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CENTZERSTM
27th Mar 2006, 09:53
they need to fix the xbox glitches!!!! xbox needs a f'ing patch!!!!!

-=TK=- b3nd3r
27th Mar 2006, 10:39
the cheating system has been fixed, and PS2 can suck it, u cant just upgrade one system, whats fair in that? theres more glitchers in the xbox than any other system!
thats it? they havent aded a kick player function or dealt wit the invalid agent bs? and ive heard u can glitch through walls and **** havent fixed any of that? and theyve been workin on this patch for 2 months? and as u said its only for ps2

fili live
2nd Apr 2006, 23:23
i knew they gave up on the xbox version cus they cudn't post the stats online like the PC and Ps2 versions.

honestly i just stopped playing it, its safe to say i've just given up on it just like Eidos.

J-thug
4th Apr 2006, 23:15
What about xbox there are alot of cheaters on xbox
u guys should get rid of all of the BLB they hole clan cheat
and that is why there are number 2 in clan rank.

I SoUr LiMe I
11th Apr 2006, 15:42
Hey EDIOS I bet you Xbox has more Players on all the time, on the weekends Its full every room has 14-15 people and those are just the open rooms, who knows how man full ones.....

So why dont you people be a good developer and give a patch to someone who accualty cares..and why dont you hire me..I will make a patch for the Xbox and everyone will be happy!!!!

chicagodave
11th Apr 2006, 15:55
Hey EDIOS I bet you Xbox has more Players on all the time, on the weekends Its full every room has 14-15 people and those are just the open rooms, who knows how man full ones.....

So why dont you people be a good developer and give a patch to someone who accualty cares..and why dont you hire me..I will make a patch for the Xbox and everyone will be happy!!!!

i noticed you have gone on several other rants in other threads about the cheating going on. and youre saying that there is more people playing on xbox. that may be the case but the truth is that the ps2 version outsold the xbox and pc versions combined. which is why the ps2 was fixed first.

im sure eidos is working on a patch for the xbox and the pc. but ps2 was their best seller so its common sense that they would fix that first.

to put this in a better perspective and a different spin. lucas arts put out star wars battlefront 2 for, pc xbox and ps2, the ps2 version was their top seller and in fact was one of the best sellers for games in 2005. and yet guess what the ps2 version has not seen any upgrades or patches. and yet the xbox and pc versions have. now that is absolutely obsurd.

i commend eidos for doing the right thing. i will definetely be buying more eidos products in the future.

I SoUr LiMe I
11th Apr 2006, 16:00
i noticed you have gone on several other rants in other threads about the cheating going on. and youre saying that there is more people playing on xbox. that may be the case but the truth is that the ps2 version outsold the xbox and pc versions combined. which is why the ps2 was fixed first.

im sure eidos is working on a patch for the xbox and the pc. but ps2 was their best seller so its common sense that they would fix that first.

to put this in a better perspective and a different spin. lucas arts put out star wars battlefront 2 for, pc xbox and ps2, the ps2 version was their top seller and in fact was one of the best sellers for games in 2005. and yet guess what the ps2 version has not seen any upgrades or patches. and yet the xbox and pc versions have. now that is absolutely obsurd.

i commend eidos for doing the right thing. i will definetely be buying more eidos products in the future.

You own a PS2....you dont have to pay to play this weak ass game online....and PS2 gets more sellers because they dont have to think about long term. We Xbox owners have to pay to play our new games online, so we dont just rush out and buy every new game which might be a waste of money

chicagodave
11th Apr 2006, 16:08
look the argument here is not ps2 vs xbox. im just telling why eidos patched up the ps2 first. and they took a long time in doing so.

the pc people are just as pissed as you are they havent got any fixes.

i own star wars battlefront 2 and im pissed lucas arts hasnt touch the ps2 version. and yet we out sold the xbox and pc versions. now that is crap.

its good to see eidos take care of their fanbase.

DamonD666
11th Apr 2006, 16:10
You own a PS2....you dont have to pay to play this weak ass game online....and PS2 gets more sellers because they dont have to think about long term. We Xbox owners have to pay to play our new games online, so we dont just rush out and buy every new game which might be a waste of money

Since you talk down about the game so much, not having a patch shouldn't bother you. Why would you want a patch for a "weak ass game" that is a "waste of money" anyway? So either stop playing it if you don't like it, or if you do, be patient like the PS2 users were and hopefully you will get a patch soon, too.

I SoUr LiMe I
11th Apr 2006, 16:15
see the whole point is...I have a PS2 Also..but im not wasting my money again just to get it patched....I like the game, just not the people who made it...

chicagodave
11th Apr 2006, 16:47
see the whole point is...I have a PS2 Also..but im not wasting my money again just to get it patched....I like the game, just not the people who made it...

well heres a suggestion. the ps2 game is only 20 bucks. heck so you could find cheaper used. trade in youre xbox copy and probly come out to the same. and you will be playing cheat free(except for the glitchers)

-=TK=- b3nd3r
11th Apr 2006, 21:58
its good to see eidos take care of their fanbase.
Sarcasm is funny.

OldstyleHxC
29th Apr 2006, 09:57
i dont think eidos still working on a patch for PC .. why dont they give a word about it ???

ReMiX
2nd Jun 2006, 18:54
Who cares about Xbox. No one really plays it because you have to pay to play live. So let them glitch and cheat. It dont matter no more since its only PS2 that has the ****.

Juggalo Ryda
18th Jun 2006, 15:50

Okay ive read everything about most of it is poeple *****ing about ps2 verse xbox.
I saw a few poeple say its comming out for the xbox but havnt heard from someone that actually works for Eddios.
I dont think xbox has many poeple if any that has modes or not, no one has crazy scores.
I know on the back of the xbox case it says no content download, but are you all gonna be nice enough to patch us through since the glitching is so ****ed up?
I wouldnt blame ya if yall dont cause you already got us for our money and theres **** we can do about it.
Ive noticed over 60% of the poeple that use to play has stoped playing 25 to life period cause of glitching.
The whole weekend it was so damn hard to get a good game, and today there was only 1 room out. wtf
Please fix this for xbox so more people will play.

Paul_Wall
19th Jun 2006, 02:16
how about we move on??

chicagodave
19th Jun 2006, 14:44
barely anyone plays on the ps2 side as well, the game is just too messed up. move on to better games, i suggest urban chaos. its very good.

glockman
21st Jun 2006, 01:56
Let's try this again, but this time in a sensible civilized way.

Scien
23rd Jun 2006, 09:50

Ok its nice there is a patch for PS2 but i think everyone wants to know when it will come out for Xbox an PC?? "if u guys will ever" an if no patch is made for Xbox an PC then can u add something to the game so u can a Kick peeps cause if u haveint played online[PC] lately man its horriblle u cant play more then a few rounds before a cheater gets on. an just ruins the game. all im saying is that put some new botton or option like in urban chos.cause if u dont do somthing the game will be run by cheaters.!!!

LOOK in ps2 not as many cheaters are playing because of the new patch!!!!But in pc...there is no players who dont know how to cheat!

so hopefully u dont just over look this plz do somthin

DamonD666
23rd Jun 2006, 20:11
Not as many cheaters?? :lmao: If you say so...
Yeah, the patch was a short term solution, but it didn't take long for people to find ways around the patch. Now the patch means nothing. People still cheat and glitch every chance they get.

It can be avoided to a certain extent... either by limiting games to 1 round at a time, or making games private and inviting people that you know play fair. But we shouldn't have to resort to this. A patch was made before, and another one is needed. At the very least the game needs to allow the host to boot people out of the room.

lee25
8th Aug 2006, 01:46
actually more people play on pc becuase of better aiming its faster but i dont mind i dont give a **** i like ps2 better 4 da control so its not w to go up and crap

Lex
23rd Nov 2006, 10:28
Hi People, I have a problem about 25 to life
I cant play by local Network with my friend. I think what Edios or other company have done the patch for PC.and I cant find it.Help me

dairyqueend
10th Apr 2007, 04:26
Is this why it says patch corrupt when I log in? Usually it goes smooth but last night and this morning it kept tellin me that one of the patches was corrupt and it couldnt save so I couldnt go online...it pissed me off..lol.

Just download the patch again dude, it should work. Goodluck