PDA

View Full Version : Rumours I heard...

Artek Oublier
5th Mar 2006, 20:04
I was just wondering if someone knows anymore about this. As everyone knows there are plans for BO3 and SR3, but no one knows the plots etc of the games.
In a games shop near where I live I heard there are only 3 more games. :(
Apparently, no one knows how Raziel got from the end of SR2 to the beginning of Defiance. At the end of SR2 Raziel notices the "full circle" thing after he is led into the spirit realm again by kain thrusting the Reaver at him. And so Raziel was pushed into the spirit world. Although in defiance, Raziel is faced with escaping the Elder God.Maybe the Elder got angry at raziel for not disposing the world of Kain like he wanted and so by this rebellios act the Elder dragged Raziel down to him in the spirit realm.
However what I heard was that no one knows how he got where he did in the beginning of Defiance and so this is where a new game starts. Maybe they're just making up silly excuses. I dunno. Apparently one of the writers of the series has left Lucy someone. And so the story might suffer. After that BO3 in which I think as alot of people do that this is where we get to see Kain raising the Sarafan priests with some raising power he recieves apparently from Vorador. But maybe after killing Umah the other vamps turn on Kain and don't support him. I dunno, but I'd love to play as Raziel in his 1st vamp form before he gets his wings obviously. Maybe SR2 will be that and BO3 will be Kain rasing his vampires for ruling Nosgoth and there will be a final game after Defiance a lead on from that to let Kain fill out his destiny as the Balance guardian I suppose.

TheWatcher
5th Mar 2006, 20:36
Welcome to the forums, but I'm afraid your friend at the game shop had no idea what they were talking about. Only one future game has been announced, not two or three. AFAIK, there's never been a writer on the series named Lucy. Perhaps you're referring to Amy (Hennig), who was the main writer for a long time and yes, she left after Defiance.

As far as how did Raziel get from where he killed his sarafan self to the EG's chamber (in spectral), good question. Kain pulled the reaver out of Raziel - he didn't thrust it at him. That's what changed the timeline as it was at that point in the unchanged timeline that Raziel's soul entered the reaver. I would guess the EG did somehow pull Raziel into his chamber in order to imprison him.

The Reaver Blade
5th Mar 2006, 20:39
Only one future game has been announced

Are you talking about an offficial announcement!?:eek:

TheWatcher
5th Mar 2006, 20:51
See Chris' response in this thread. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=33170)

Artek Oublier
5th Mar 2006, 20:56
Thanks alot for clearing that up for me. Well I still think that apparently that's where the next game is, on how they get from there to Defiance which would be rather bad. I think a game with Raziel as his vampire self before his abyss time would suit alot of people.
And yes it was Amy I got that one wrong.

The Reaver Blade
5th Mar 2006, 21:01
If chris said that then why are so many people on this forum so worried that there wont be another LOK game?:confused:

WraithStar
5th Mar 2006, 21:08
Because he said that a few years ago, and since then several people left Crystal, and also Eidos got bought out.

BigKevSexyMan
5th Mar 2006, 23:08
Yeah, I'd like to hear them say it again, just to be sure.

Raziel'sRevenge
6th Mar 2006, 00:21
So would we all *sigh*

Umah Bloodomen
6th Mar 2006, 08:05
If chris said that then why are so many people on this forum so worried that there wont be another LOK game?:confused:

You know, I've often wondered the same thing. ;)

Welcome to the forums, Artek Oublier! :)

BigKevSexyMan
6th Mar 2006, 21:36
Because there has never been an actual official announcement and since the buyout and all that stuff. We don't really know if they changed their minds or something.

Mekairinek
7th Mar 2006, 04:52
I dunno, I have this feeling we'll see a new LoK game announced at E3 in '07.

Personally, I'd be incredibly fine with the fate of the LoK franchise IF the dev. team from 'Tomb Raider Legend' (which was also the Defiance team, amirite?) worked on it, even if several of the key players from past LoK games aren't involved.

Well anyhow, I'm not worried about future games. I can understand why some people are (there seems to be this myth that if TRLegend doesn't do well, we won't see a new LoK game), but I fail to see a reason to panic at this point in time.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Mar 2006, 06:34
Because there has never been an actual official announcement and since the buyout and all that stuff. We don't really know if they changed their minds or something.

Chris is a representative of Eidos and that's not official enough? :confused: I concur with the fact there hasn't been an official press release, but no offense, Chris would be the one to know before the press would anyway. :p

CD not being disbanded (like Core or Ion Storm for example) and the fact this community is still open is a pretty good indication that their minds haven't been changed, wouldn't you think?

Food for thought, I'm sure. ;)

Raziel'sRevenge
8th Mar 2006, 02:27
*does a happy dance*

It's not official but dang it's refreshing to hear!

fangedwolf
14th Mar 2006, 12:05
*does a happy dance*

It's not official but dang it's refreshing to hear!
I second that lol

Guardian OF The Reaver
19th Mar 2006, 14:26
I second that lol

I third that.

Kafluke
20th Mar 2006, 23:50
That thread that I read from this Chris dude was two years ago. I found my way here looking for info about the LOK series. There's only been one game that's ever held my attention like the LOK series and that's God of War. I'm excited to hear about a second GoW game coming out but I'd be doing backflips if I knew there was another LOK game on the horizon. The combination of story line, plus great gameplay and graphics was a gaming spell that I haven't found a cure for. I can't express how much I LOVE the LOK series. There's just nothing to compare. I wish that more people knew about the quality of the games so that Eidos would release another. So many unanswered questioins and unfinished stories. MMMMMM more LOK please!

Raziel'sRevenge
21st Mar 2006, 03:00
Well Kafluke, welcome to the forum! Trust me when I say, nearly any questions you have about the LOK games can be answered here. Really the only thing that we can't answer at the moment is if/when the next game is coming out, or what it will have in it, but there's plenty of wild unfounded speculation! :D
Well mate, I hope you find what your looking for here!

Also, it's so nice to have somebody who doesn't come in and post something along the lines of "HEy guys i no that ths has prolly been asked b4 but whens the nxt LOK gmame coming outu cuz i cant wiat lol rofl serisiouly i cnat" So I'd like to personally thank you. (Also, I'm not refering to anybody on this forum or any of the Eidos forums, but quite a few of the other LOK and other gaming forums have been infested as of late, and if there's one thing I can't stand it's bad spelling/punctuation combined with questions that have been asked dozens of times before)

Umah Bloodomen
21st Mar 2006, 05:00
Welcome, Kafluke! As I've said many-a-time before, if/when there is anything to report on the next installment, we will post it here accordingly. The lack of news should not discourage you from participating though, as I'm sure you'll find many threads of interest. :)

Also, it's so nice to have somebody who doesn't come in and post something along the lines of "HEy guys i no that ths has prolly been asked b4 but whens the nxt LOK gmame coming outu cuz i cant wiat lol rofl serisiouly i cnat" So I'd like to personally thank you. (Also, I'm not refering to anybody on this forum or any of the Eidos forums, but quite a few of the other LOK and other gaming forums have been infested as of late, and if there's one thing I can't stand it's bad spelling/punctuation combined with questions that have been asked dozens of times before)

While you're entitled to this perspective, Raziel'sRevenge, we must take into consideration that our member-body is comprised of a variety of individuals (both foreign and domestic) and that individual typing ability varies. We should not publically criticize (personally or generally) because of this as it comes across as highly elitist and discriminatory (and a higher power knows, no one here desires to tread down that path again - which may in fact, be before your time). Additionally, it's very imperative that we refrain from discussing the happenings of other online communities (either personally or generally - as generally often invites inquiries to the who, what, when, why and where). We share many-a-member with many-a-community and we need to focus on what transpires here as opposed to elsewhere as it does not concern us.

With that said, Thread On!

Thanks! :)

GawdDawgs
19th Apr 2006, 06:45
I'm sort of curious if the Defiance team is now strictly the Tomb Raider team, if TRL exceeds financial expectations...

But really, the series is still in a state of limbo. Chris said that shortly after Defiance was released, and a lot has happened in the company since then. Fans, like myself, are worried because we haven't heard anything since then...

Umah, you're optimism gives me some hope for the series though :p Do you perhaps know something you're not allowed to say? ;) lol.

Here's hoping we'll hear something at E3. :thumbsup:

Umah Bloodomen
20th Apr 2006, 03:35
Umah, you're optimism gives me some hope for the series though :p Do you perhaps know something you're not allowed to say? ;) lol.

I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

In all seriousness though; you know what I know and what I've repeated throughout the Community has not changed. (And again, the fact our forum is still open - and considered a "current game" in the forum listing - should be taken as a good sign). :)

Anoobish
20th Apr 2006, 14:22
... Maybe they completely FORGOT about Legacy of Kain? :eek:

weaponx
20th Apr 2006, 15:17
... Maybe they completely FORGOT about Legacy of Kain? :eek:
NOOOOOO! DON'T SAY THAT, don't say that....it's not true, it's not TRUE!

BTW: Welcome back!, GawdDawgs :D

GawdDawgs
22nd Apr 2006, 08:02
thanks, Weapon X!

I believe Eidos might just be putting LoK on the backburner until it figures everything out with its financial issues. From a corporate standpoint, this makes perfect sense to do, but for us fans, it sucks.

Umah Bloodomen
24th Apr 2006, 02:03
thanks, Weapon X!

I believe Eidos might just be putting LoK on the backburner until it figures everything out with its financial issues. From a corporate standpoint, this makes perfect sense to do, but for us fans, it sucks.

<obligatory Yoda impersonation> Financial issues? Doubtful this is. Too many projects currently going on at the present, a more plausible reason. </obligatory Yoda impersonation>

GawdDawgs
24th Apr 2006, 05:35
whatever happened with their financial issues then? They were being bought out by SCi Entertainment, but then SCi itself put itself up for auction. I haven't heard anything since then though...

Nefarian
26th Apr 2006, 00:39
heh! With so many LOK stuff hidden in Tomb Raider: Legend, I think Crystal Dynamicis try to give a hint for next LOK game, yooo! :lmao:

Smoke_Z
26th Apr 2006, 01:36
Well, I figured that if I left for a while, I'd be able to get dissed about missing the announcement of another scrap of hope for LOK. So much for that plan. :mad2:

Binky24
26th Apr 2006, 07:01
Aww... Return after E3, maybe then you'll get your chance to get dissed. :lol: