PDA

View Full Version : Playing England - advice

grahamwookie
21st Mar 2006, 21:03
Hi. Id like to know some advice for playing England in the campaign. Yesterday i was beating off Franch, Spain, Port, Moroco... from Ireland and Scotland.

I constantly tried to setup commercial treaties with other countries but to no success, when i fill in an amount of gold the Send button never becomes active...

Also on a general note, any other advice out there for playing England or is it best for first time users to start play a land loacked country and not an island...?

thanks

sick
21st Mar 2006, 21:45
I'd say build up a strong naval power. That'll hold the enemies off for a while so you can build up a strong army to attack on land. That's what I do when playing with Great Britain.

hardyea
23rd Mar 2006, 16:47
[QUOTE=sick]I'd say build up a strong naval power. I agree with sick here. if you build your naval power you can get to win sea battles, and you can get the chance, if they enemy wonts to invade your country, they have to go though your navy. Well, see ya guys later and if you have a question, just ask.

Curioso
18th Apr 2006, 13:37
A strong Navy is the key to win. I absolutely agree.

ideaus
20th Apr 2006, 16:59
A strong navy is key to the defense and also spend money on strong defensive alliances computers think twice about atttacking you if you are allied with another empire.

The_King
21st Apr 2006, 16:23
Hey grahamwookie,...:)

I constantly tried to setup commercial treaties with other countries but to no success, when i fill in an amount of gold the Send button never becomes active...

lol... Try offering them some raw materials, food or a territory.

Or ask them that. You have to trade with them you know ;)

And I agree with the others, Great-Britain's primairy concern is to build up his navy:cool:

hardyea
22nd Apr 2006, 17:29
(lol... Try offering them some raw materials, food or a territory.) "Quote"

Ok, when you are England, and you wont to give a territory, Give them Wales. They can't get into it, no ship port, and to me its not worth it.