PDA

View Full Version : Eidos confirms 360 release date!

MissLara2U
21st Mar 2006, 00:37
Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, today confirms that Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend will be released for Xbox 360T video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on April 11th in North America and April 7th in Europe, in line with the release of previously announced versions for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC.

Delivering unbelievable visuals that take full advantage of Microsoft's next-generation video game and entertainment system, Lara's premiere on Xbox 360 is grounded in the series' tomb raiding roots. Created by Crystal Dynamics, Lara exploits the power of Xbox 360 with its newly created graphics system for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend.

With support for real-time per pixel lighting, shadows and normal-mapping among other improvements, the Tomb Raider world achieves new heights of atmosphere, tension and beauty. New levels of detail and texture yield realistic effects on Lara herself as she gets dirty and wet during her expeditions through the rugged terrain of the environments she explores.

"Xbox 360 allows us to bring Lara to life like never before with intricately animated expressions, fluid movement and realistic abilities like never before," said Matt Gorman, Senior Brand Manager for Tomb Raider, "It enables us to make the Tomb Raider experience far more realistic and immersive in a next generation, high-definition world; dynamic, lush, living realms that are wholly Tomb Raider, and that belong completely to Lara Croft, the likes of which has never been seen on any console."

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend is the seventh title to be released in the Tomb RaiderT series, which originally launched in 1996 and is still one of the best selling videogame franchises of all time, with over 28 million copies sold.

BloodRayne
21st Mar 2006, 00:44
W00000000T,W000000000T April .11th!! and not the 25th. Well that is definetly Really great news ^^^

Johnny
21st Mar 2006, 02:46
Too bad I'm buying the PC platform... :D

carlo
21st Mar 2006, 08:15
April 7th for me!!! Good bit of news to start the day

BlueSkiesXXV
21st Mar 2006, 10:26
That is great news :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now I can just buy the one version.

imported_Mark_
21st Mar 2006, 14:39
We'll have to wait five days here, as the X360 version of the game will be released on April 12th in Spain.

Joshorty
21st Mar 2006, 20:48
PSP's alone:( ..I'm alone:(

WraithStar
21st Mar 2006, 21:17
PSP's alone:( ..I'm alone:(

Well, if I remember correctly, you want both the PS2 and PSP versions. Why not just buy the PS2 version when it comes out instead of waiting? That way you can enjoy the entire game on a normal-sized screen the first time through:) Although I have to say, the PSP screenshots look much better than I would expect from a handheld device. Playing Legend on the go will be something to look forward to after you've experienced the game on a TV:)

Joshorty
21st Mar 2006, 23:25
True true:D but then..I did also say I want the "save-transfer" thing to be usefully used:D I know this sounds blunt or stupid but I guess I'd wait and buy'em together....OR I can buy the PS2 version and just not open it 'til the PSP version comes out and let my bro get the PC version ahead of time and I'd watch it in heck of better graphics and enjoy watchin' CRAZY and then get the PSP version and play it through back and forth with the PS2 save transfer and YADDAA I found my solution:D :D !!! Thanks anyways

Joshorty
23rd Mar 2006, 00:33
WAH!! I think the NEW TRAILER:D (thanks to MissLara2U:D And people who owns 360 will definently want to take a look at this http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=550348#post550348) hints that the PSP verison might be released also the same together!!:D although Gamestop had their release date info as May 16th -_-...I'm not sure but the new trailer awed me :D