PDA

View Full Version : Goofy issue with blackjack!?!

AdamP
20th Mar 2006, 17:58
I was playing Thief3 today and noticed that when Garrett is holding his blackjack, that his hand is open! When he equips the dagger, his hand is closed like its supposed to be.

Does anyone know what would cause that? I have been tweaking my .ini files lately so I must have messed something up... where should I start looking?

AdamP
20th Mar 2006, 18:18
Nevermind, I somehow changed the name of:

[BlackjackHandClosed]
Name=GAR_BJ_hand_loop
Looping=true
Translate=false
TweenTime=0.25
Speed=1
Bone=RightHand

to just [HandClosed]... and thats why it wasnt working right.

its all good now.

Agulf
21st Mar 2006, 13:49
Wonder what happens if you leave it like that and change Bone=None... Juuudo-chop! :D

AdamP
22nd Mar 2006, 12:46
haha, that would be awesome! but I just tried it and Garrett just uses the blackjack with an open hand is all. I dont know how to remove the blackjack.

Leafy Lord
14th May 2006, 20:48
I found that you can't seem to blackjack a person that's sitting in a chair? That's kind of dumb...or am I doing it wrong? In Thief I&II I clearly remember being able to knock out sitting people...

theBlackman
14th May 2006, 21:12
In TDS you cannot BJ a sitting person, nor from the side, nor if it is alerted in the slightest.

Leafy Lord
15th May 2006, 02:39
Ok yeah - that's wack. Not being able to KO when alerted is fine but when a person is sitting down?

stickyfingersII
18th May 2006, 06:47
I gotta agree. It makes no sense, not being able to bonk someone just 'cause they're sitting down.

Headache
25th Jul 2006, 23:23
Actually I've managed to do that. Like once though. Dunno how. But if you're feeling reckless, you can take them out with the dagger while sitting. But that's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, isn't it? Ok then. :whistle: