PDA

View Full Version : why wont eidos tell us yes/no about a le?

David 070
19th Mar 2006, 01:43
i just want this uncertainty about it to end!!!

if there not going to give us one just say so,please!

i mean i can wait a couple years for one,(might be that long).
legend is sure to keep me entertained for a long time + sequeals to it that are bound to come out.

Rascalius
19th Mar 2006, 02:36
We'll find out in a few weeks, dude. :thumbsup:

konichi-wa
19th Mar 2006, 03:05
what is a "le"

Treeble
19th Mar 2006, 03:13
Level Editor. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon3.gif

Inserity
19th Mar 2006, 03:35
Why would you want an LE? LE's are mostly for MP right? How would you go about doing that?

Treeble
19th Mar 2006, 03:40
Now I'm wondering what does MP stands for...

Medipack?
Militar Police?
Multi Player? http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon3.gif

Well, in case any of you have no idea why a Level Editor is successful in the TR community, have a look at www.trle.net and see how many home made levels have surfaced since the TR4 LE was released in 2000. I built some a long time ago and I dare to say some of the level releases are much better than what we played through in the official games.

Plus, even though the TR4 engine is completely outdated, levels keep coming out still to this day. If you'd play a level a day (impossible, since some levels might require a couple of days), and if you began today, you'd have Tomb Raider to play until 2010. Obviously there are many levels that last 10-15 minutes, but there are also huge levelsets that may last weeks. ;)

Inserity
19th Mar 2006, 04:25
Multi Player?
Yes

So people make Single Player levels? Like with puzzles and enemies? Also, are the editors easy to use, say, compared to GTKRadient (if you know what that is. if not nvm it :P)? Just thinking, if I get Legends, I might want to try out some editing myself. If there is a LE.

konichi-wa
19th Mar 2006, 04:42
Level Editor. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon3.gif
OOOHHHHH i gotcha

EddyBones
19th Mar 2006, 04:53
Also, are the editors easy to use, say, compared to GTKRadient (if you know what that is. if not nvm it :P)?

Never heard of GTKRadiant, but I Googled it just now and it looks a lot more complicated than the TR Level Editor.

The TRLE is like building a video games level out of Legos. Not to say that it's so very simple, because it's not, but I think it's a lot easier than most editors out there for other games.

Inserity
19th Mar 2006, 04:59
Heard of UnrealEd? Its UnrealTournament 04's editor and thats really easy. See if you can find pictures. I made a map with that prog and I couldn't even make a room in radient. lol. So whats the latest editor for what game?

dhama
19th Mar 2006, 07:42
why wont eidos tell us yes/no about a le?

Becuase in all the time i've been here I've never had a straight answer, just poor customer relations. How sad it is. :(

David 070
19th Mar 2006, 15:15
i guess they never visit these forums.