PDA

View Full Version : Win a Lara Croft mannequin

MissLara2U
18th Mar 2006, 18:55
ARE YOU GAME FOR TOMB RAIDER LOTTO?
Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ March 18th 2006 ]

On Mon 20 March, 2006, the balls will begin rolling on www.tombraiderlotto.com (http://www.tombraiderlotto.com/), a joint competition between Tomb Raider Chronicles and Planet Lara for the prize of the year, a full size Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend mannequin dispatched direct from Eidos U.S.

To herald the upcoming Lara Croft-helmed adventure, Tomb Raider Legend, players will be invited to collect a series of daily lottery tickets which will be entered into our prize tombola where one lucky winner will score the six foot, full size Lara Croft mannequin, based on the Tomb Raider Legend model.

A battery of runner up prizes will also be dispatched. For full details, including information, terms and conditions, check www.tombraiderlotto.com (http://www.tombraiderlotto.com) on Monday 20 March.

Are you game?

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/i/go_tombraiderlotto_2644.jpg

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 19:00
The mannequin looks great! ;)

Treeble
18th Mar 2006, 19:00
OMG! Please, tell me it's worldwide!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd kill for this! Thanks for the headsup. Booking the whole week off work for it! :D

MissLara2U
18th Mar 2006, 19:04
Anyone on planet Earth may enter. Eidos will ship anywhere in the world. :)

Treeble
18th Mar 2006, 19:06
SMASHING!! Definitely taking the week off then.

Another silly question... how would this huge most-wanted piece get through customs? :eek:

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 19:09
a joint competition between Tomb Raider Chronicles and Planet Lara for the prize of the year

Isn`t this about the 2 websites? PlanetLara and TR Chronicles?

MissLara2U
18th Mar 2006, 19:11
It's a joint competition by our two web sites, yes. :)

Legendary Lara Croft
18th Mar 2006, 19:13
it's Lara, she can get anywhere:D

konichi-wa
18th Mar 2006, 20:20
hmmm i'm meber to both... what are the smaller prizes

Treeble
18th Mar 2006, 20:26
Guess on March 20th we'll know. :)

Trinity34
19th Mar 2006, 01:03
Coool... thanks ML2U. :)

ShadowOfOblivion
19th Mar 2006, 18:21
And I have a bad feeling that you have to be a TRF member, and not banned to even have a fair chance at winning this.

So I guess would count me out, aye?

MissLara2U
19th Mar 2006, 19:05
This competition is open to everyone Derek, including you. Everyone has the same chance of winning. That's how a lottery works.

Treeble
19th Mar 2006, 19:06
I'm biting my nails already. Can't wait to find out how to stand a chance of getting Lara on a trip to Brazil. :D

ShadowOfOblivion
19th Mar 2006, 21:42
This competition is open to everyone Derek, including you. Everyone has the same chance of winning. That's how a lottery works.

I'm happy to hear that then :). I shall be entering on Monday.

I better start making some room for the ol' gal.

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th Mar 2006, 09:34
What a lovely idea. :D *enters today's ticket* Thanks ML2U. :)

You should put a line in the rules about only one account per person, though. Just to make it fair. ;)

konichi-wa
20th Mar 2006, 12:07
i just entered my ticket:D

imported_Mark_
20th Mar 2006, 12:07
Yay, a Lara Croft manequin! Thanks for this opportunity, Planet Lara & Tomb Raider Chronicles. :)

Acceber
20th Mar 2006, 13:14
Yes, thank you! :) I have entered today too. Only once. ;) :D *crosses fingers*

Treeble
20th Mar 2006, 15:00
Just a silly question, but I'm not sure whether I'm experiencing a problem or not. I registered about 15 minutes ago and I still haven't received an email to activate my account, how long should it take? I probably am being really impatient here and I'm sorry for that, but I can't miss out this opportunity! :eek:

Acceber
20th Mar 2006, 15:38
Dear TREEBLE,

I thought the same. But my email had gone straight into my junk mail folder. :)

Perhaps it is there?

Ace

MissLara2U
20th Mar 2006, 15:39
If you don't receive a validation email, drop me a line and I'll activate your account manually. My email address is in my profile.

Treeble
20th Mar 2006, 15:41
Dear TREEBLE,

I thought the same. But my email had gone straight into my junk mail folder. :)

Perhaps it is there?

Ace

Nope, I use a POP3 account and Outlook hasn't received any new email today. Possibly the server went down, I've had this kind of trouble before. :(

@ML2U

Thanks, sent a PM right now. :thumbsup:

Acceber
20th Mar 2006, 15:43
Nope, I use a POP3 account and Outlook hasn't received any new email today. Possibly the server went down, I've had this kind of trouble before. :(

Oh well. It will be OK. :) You'll soon be competing with me to win the gorgeous Lara, muahaha. :D Or assorted goodies. :D

MissLara2U
20th Mar 2006, 15:46
I'm not allowed to enter. :(

GoranAgar
20th Mar 2006, 15:58
I'm not allowed to enter. :(
Pffft, like they haven't sent you one already. :D

LOFPB
20th Mar 2006, 16:08
Okay, everyone can stop entering as I just entered the winning ticket!! (If they all buy this...step one of my evil plan to own Lara will be complete!!) Seriously, thanks to Planet Lara and Tomb Raider Chronicles for such a cool contest and best of luck to all. (especially me). LOL

ShadowOfOblivion
20th Mar 2006, 17:24
I entered!

This is one woman I wouldn't mind taking home to mother ;).

WraithStar
20th Mar 2006, 18:17
I entered too. I really don't want a Lara statue, but I'm hoping to win a T-shirt or a soundtrack or something along those lines :)

Treeble
20th Mar 2006, 18:40
If you don't want it, you could always redirect it to me. ;) :D

WraithStar
20th Mar 2006, 19:21
If you don't want it, you could always redirect it to me. ;) :D

If I win it, my brother has first shot of getting it;)

dhama
20th Mar 2006, 20:57
Well I filled in the form10 hours ago, but still no email authorization yet M. Perhaps it's because the bulk of signups?

Treeble
20th Mar 2006, 21:17
Well I filled in the form10 hours ago, but still no email authorization yet M. Perhaps it's because the bulk of signups?

Me neither. I got in touch with ML2U and he said he'd activate it today, I just tried and I still can't log in. :(

LOFPB
20th Mar 2006, 21:50
You know......I've always considered WraithStar to be like a brother! LOL.:D

MissLara2U
20th Mar 2006, 22:02
Me neither. I got in touch with ML2U and he said he'd activate it today, I just tried and I still can't log in. :(

Just done it now. Dhama. Send me a PM with your account name and I'll do the same for you.

RuumTaedor
20th Mar 2006, 22:05
I've always considered WraithStar to be like a brother! LOL.:D
I've always considered WraithStar to be like a sister! Hmm. One of us has it wrong, but I'm not sure which. That's the trouble/advantage of an on-line forum. Somebody help us sort this out!

ShadowOfOblivion
20th Mar 2006, 22:37
Hey guys, I received my activation almost instantly, so there shouldn't be delays in getting your accounts activated. If you don't receive one right away I'd recommend checking your spam folder :).

Sometimes when notifications like that are sent, email clients mistakingly redirect them to your junk mail folders thinking it's spam. Just an example about how technology sometimes isn't completely reliable :p.

Treeble
20th Mar 2006, 22:38
Just done it now. Dhama. Send me a PM with your account name and I'll do the same for you.

Thank you VERY much for everything, M. :thumbsup:

Uranus
20th Mar 2006, 22:54
Hey guys, I received my activation almost instantly, so there shouldn't be delays in getting your accounts activated. If you don't receive one right away I'd recommend checking your spam folder :)

I get my activation message after about 2h, problem is not in spam filters or smth like that. I think it depends on mail box domain.

MissLara2U
21st Mar 2006, 15:16

Just activated your account dhama.

WraithStar
21st Mar 2006, 16:37
I received my activation instantly.

I've always considered WraithStar to be like a sister! Hmm. One of us has it wrong, but I'm not sure which. That's the trouble/advantage of an on-line forum. Somebody help us sort this out!

You have it right, I'm a woman. No worries, LOFPB, I don't mind if people mistake me for a guy on a forum:)

RuumTaedor
21st Mar 2006, 17:31
You have it right, I'm a woman.
I vaguely recalled from somewhere you had indicated your gender, from that mile-long dress thread, I think. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I mean, I'm sure it matters to you that you're a woman, I meant it doesn't matter what we think you are. I mean, not that we think you're a rude male. I'm a male, but I'm not rude (very often). I haven't been mistaken for a woman, even though I've worn a dress once, but that was for high school, and it wasn't as revealing as Lara's, although I must say the dress was comfortable, but not THAT comfortable. This started as a one minute reply, but its taken me 10 minutes to correct my corrections. OK, have you ever heard that some people have their mouths open so they can change feet? I'm going to change mine and leave it at that. :o

WraithStar
21st Mar 2006, 17:39
I vaguely recalled from somewhere you had indicated your gender, from that mile-long dress thread, I think. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I mean, I'm sure it matters to you that you're a woman, I meant it doesn't matter what we think you are. I mean, not that we think you're a rude male. I'm a male, but I'm not rude (very often). I haven't been mistaken for a woman, even though I've worn a dress once, but that was for high school, and it wasn't as revealing as Lara's, although I must say the dress was comfortable, but not THAT comfortable. This started as a one minute reply, but its taken me 10 minutes to correct my corrections. OK, have you ever heard that some people have their mouths open so they can change feet? I'm going to change mine and leave it at that. :o

I really don't take offense if people confuse my gender online (I'd be a little annoyed if they got it wrong in person, though:p). I figured you remembered from the dress thread. This came up a little while ago in the LoK section, but I wasn't sure if you read the LoK forums or not.

RuumTaedor
21st Mar 2006, 18:05
I really don't take offense if people confuse my gender online (I'd be a little annoyed if they got it wrong in person, though:p). I figured you remembered from the dress thread. This came up a little while ago in the LoK section, but I wasn't sure if you read the LoK forums or not.
Yeah, you can't take offense because on an on-line forum one's gender is not known unless one reveals one's gender (figuratively speaking). As for the LoK forums, I do not read them because I am not familiar with the Legacy of Kain games and I only have time to concentrate on this Legend forum for now.

XoXSarahXoX
22nd Mar 2006, 01:00
I already joined and started rite when it opened, I really want it but I seriously doubt I'm going to win. *sighs* It's worth a shot though.

Treeble
22nd Mar 2006, 01:24
If you don't even try, then you can take for granted you'll not win. ;)

I myself don't have my hopes up too high, I can only imagine how many people worldwide would appreciate such a prize, odds are really low for everyone, but I'll keep faith. :D

LOFPB
22nd Mar 2006, 12:53
My apologies, WraithStar, on the mistaken (assumed) gender. I am still rather new to this forum (actually all forums). I originally joined this forum for research on information regarding Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider series of games to help me run a better (more accurate) Tomb Raider Theme Day at my paintball field. Over the past year, I have fallen in love with Lara and her adventures and my research has surpassed 'fascination' and reached 'obsession' levels (much as it did when I began reasearching Halo several years back). While here though, I have become quite fond of several of the 'regulars' and enjoy the conversations here. I hope to become aquainted enough with this group and its passion for Lara so I can actually 'contribute to' (instead of continually draw from) its resources and hopefully aid those coming behind me as much as this group has benifited me. Anyway, I again apologize for the error and chalk it up to another 'lesson learned' in forum conduct.

WraithStar
22nd Mar 2006, 16:09
No worries. It's perfectly fine :)

ladylinnycroft
22nd Mar 2006, 18:15
i couldn't wait to enter this....wow what a prize!

Acceber
23rd Mar 2006, 08:50
OK, for today's question I found my information on planetlara.com. Ashamed to say I didn't know Lara's blood type off by heart. But the information I got from planetlara was, according to trlotto.com, wrong and I can't enter for today. :( Is this a mistake? Did Lara's blood type change? Particularly nasty accident one day? :)

GoranAgar
23rd Mar 2006, 09:01
Is this a mistake?
There seems to be a problem with the Lotto. It is investigated. And whoever got the answer right but wrong will get his/her ticket.

Acceber
23rd Mar 2006, 09:17
There seems to be a problem with the Lotto. It is investigated. And whoever got the answer right but wrong will get his/her ticket.

No massive blood transfusion and superhuman immune reaction response then? :D

Yay, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

GoranAgar
23rd Mar 2006, 11:37
It's been fixed. :)

Acceber
23rd Mar 2006, 11:50
Hooray, thank you! :cool:

GoranAgar
23rd Mar 2006, 13:30
Wasn't me. :o

Acceber
23rd Mar 2006, 14:09
Yes, my thank you is to those reading this who are directly responsible, but also to you for letting me know it was all fixed. :D

RuumTaedor
23rd Mar 2006, 15:30
OK, for today's question I found my information on planetlara.com. Ashamed to say I didn't know Lara's blood type off by heart.
Thanks for the tip, Acceber. I could not remember Lara's blood type either.

Glad to hear the lotto problem was fixed before I got around to entering today's numbers.

Acceber
23rd Mar 2006, 16:45
Thanks for the tip, Acceber.

You are most welcome. :D

LOFPB
23rd Mar 2006, 16:59
I too must say 'Thank you' to Acceber. Sorry to hear you had problems with the lotto, but without your request, it would have taken me forever to find out Lara's bloodtype. (The Lord works in mysterious ways):D

RuumTaedor
23rd Mar 2006, 17:42
I too must say 'Thank you' to Acceber. Sorry to hear you had problems with the lotto, but without your request, it would have taken me forever to find out Lara's bloodtype. (The Lord works in mysterious ways):D
Yes, who knows what genes were transfered from Lord Henshingly Croft to Lara to make her the finely crafted adventurer Eidos has given us today. ;)

ladylinnycroft
23rd Mar 2006, 19:49
it should be AB- that's what i entered and my answer was ok

Acceber
23rd Mar 2006, 21:02

You too are welcome. :D :cool:

Paul-uk
23rd Mar 2006, 21:32
O M G better than the Barbie one!!! me wants it!! :D

question : how do I know if I won a thing?

Cheers! :D

http://www.qdg.org.uk/newimages/national_lottery.gif

Treeble
23rd Mar 2006, 22:34
Well, I suppose the results won't be out before the competition ends, in the 3rd of April. :)

Trinity34
23rd Mar 2006, 23:48
I have a suggestion for a runner up prize.... how about the Legend press kit? :eek: :D :D

Faye
2nd Aug 2006, 22:54
Yes, who knows what genes were transfered from Lord Henshingly Croft to Lara to make her the finely crafted adventurer Eidos has given us today. ;)

Interesting that you should mention that. Anyone read the third official novel from the Core Design storyline, The Man Of Bronze? It reveals a rather interesting fact about the Croft genetics...or perhaps that's what you were referring to...;)

Treeble
2nd Aug 2006, 23:34
Oh I remember that bit now, and all of them had a piece of the 'artifact', so to speak... :cool:

I still pray for more Tomb Raider novels. :rolleyes: