PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Official Magazine-UK DEMO OUT NOW!

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 18:38
I was just visiting a forum and well.. it seems that this month`s copy of Playstation Official UK Magazine has a playable Tomb Raider Legend PS DEMO!

See more here: http://www.laracroftonline.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?num=1142695517

Too good for the ones in the UK, too bad for the rest....

Palmtree
18th Mar 2006, 19:39
too bad for the rest....

That's just mean...

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 19:43
Mean? I'm from Romania :) :) :) I wanted to say that it`s too bad for the fans OUTSIDE UK, like you, me , and a lot more... :(

akamatt
19th Mar 2006, 13:36
I wonder if there's any way you can order the magazine online with the demo?

BTW: What issue is this?

sorcerer
19th Mar 2006, 16:41
I don`t know that :(

Palmtree
19th Mar 2006, 17:26
For me it's even more difficult , i'm in Brazil! The actual game already has a releasedate here , April 11th. But the demo isa mystery....:confused:

BlueSkiesXXV
19th Mar 2006, 18:18
I had an SMS yesterday from my young nephew who is happily playing the Tomb Raider Legend PS2 demo that came with the latest edition of the Official UK PS2 Magazine…NO FAIR :D

I bought him the subscription so he gets the magazine early.
However, the magazine will be on the shop shelves in the next few days.
At last!!!

Treeble
19th Mar 2006, 18:34
For me it's even more difficult , i'm in Brazil! The actual game already has a releasedate here , April 11th. But the demo isa mystery....:confused:

Where does that info comes from? Is GreenLeaf releasing it here? If it is GreenLeaf and they set the date to April 11th, maybe by August it will actually hit the shops. :rolleyes:

Palmtree
19th Mar 2006, 18:40
WTF? I don't have a clue of what you are talking about. What's GreenLeaf?

Anyway ,shops here import the game from the US and sell them here. My shop(very good shop and not pirate :mad: ) have already ordered their copies. They will get here in the same time as US , April 11th.

Treeble
19th Mar 2006, 18:45
Calma caubói.

O que acontece é que jogos lançados no Brasil são publicados pela GreenLeaf, para PC apenas. Acho que você sabe tão bem como eu que jogos para PS2, GC ou Xbox não são lançados aqui, são como você disse - importados.

A GreenLeaf tem a má fama de ser uma péssima publicadora de jogos no Brasil. Dá uma olhada no site super-atualizado deles para descobrir a Nova Lara para uma Nova Geração de Jogadores:

www.greenleaf.com.br

De qual loja você vai comprar? Qual o preço? Eu vou ter que apelar para o Mercado Livre, porque jogos aqui no Brasil são dependentes da pirataria.

LPGIRL
20th Mar 2006, 06:35
can anyone post the Legend article/review for us? thank you! :)

Acceber
21st Mar 2006, 13:47
At last!!!

I am looking out for it. *is very excited* I hope it splurges 'TR Legend Demo!!' all over its front cover so it is easy to spot. And I hope the same for the official xbox magazine.... I tend to need these things pointed out in big giant lettering. Console magazines have such busy covers. :o :D Of course, I could have missed the xbox one already.... hmmm...

munchkin
22nd Mar 2006, 10:15
I had an SMS yesterday from my young nephew who is happily playing the Tomb Raider Legend PS2 demo that came with the latest edition of the Official UK PS2 Magazine…NO FAIR :D

I bought him the subscription so he gets the magazine early.
At last!!!

its official release dat eis the 23rd, depending on how good your locla newsagent is then it aught to be in sometimes today or tomorrow, certainly by friday :)

and boy am i looking forward to it

beccax

mrcube
22nd Mar 2006, 14:06
I can't wait for the demo, gonna get mine the day my newsagents get it. hopefully tomorrow!

Acceber
22nd Mar 2006, 19:53
:D It is in UK shops now. :D It made my really bad headache go away, just thinking about playing. *runs upstairs to play*

Paul-uk
23rd Mar 2006, 10:07
the demo is out TODAY thursday! :D but I got it yesterday night thanks to one of my firneds who works for *********** and send the magazines to every single store ( comet - wollies - whsmith - borders ) :D

MUHuhahaha LARA IS AMAZING!!! Im well pleased!!! buy the magazine!!! dont steal the DVD from it!! LOOOOL :D anothergreat thing is the swiming!!! FABULOUS!! lmao! :D

ENJOY!

PAsK
23rd Mar 2006, 15:11
Tomorrow here in Italy we'll be able to play the PS2 demo. Anyway today we got the first italian review: the verdict is 4.5/5!!!

When will we see the PC demo? I hope soon!

sorcerer
23rd Mar 2006, 17:05
Great news and great score! Can you post the LINK with that review?

BlueSkiesXXV
23rd Mar 2006, 17:11
I bought the UK OPM magazine today and have just played through the Legend demo twice.

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Tomb Raider is back and uses the Analog Sticks correctly this time.
Looking VERY cool...Good job CD :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I haven't figured out the button combo for the swan dive yet.
Let me know if you come across it first.

I have tried the rolling into enemies trick and watched them go flying in the air before filling them with lead.
I would also like to find out what the button combo is for going into bullet time.

ladylinnycroft
23rd Mar 2006, 19:51
i found the swimming quite hard and the camera angels were a bit quirky...but on the whole great demo.....lara looks beautiful and moves well....my only complaint......ended too soon!:mad:

TS16
23rd Mar 2006, 20:16
i found the swimming quite hard and the camera angels were a bit quirky...but on the whole great demo.....lara looks beautiful and moves well....my only complaint......ended too soon!:mad:

whats up with the bad swimming? i've heard that complaint alot :( what makes it so wierd???

BloodRayne
23rd Mar 2006, 20:39
One question : Has the DEMO come out in any mags that go to the u.s or canada? like the NA version of OPM?

WraithStar
23rd Mar 2006, 21:01
whats up with the bad swimming? i've heard that complaint alot :( what makes it so wierd???

Oh no, really? This is why I *have* to get my hands on a PC demo...I've just got to know if I will be able to control the game.

I haven't figured out the button combo for the swan dive yet.
Let me know if you come across it first.

I haven't played the demo, but I remember reading that swan dive is when you jump forward and hit "roll" at the same time. I think bullet-time is triggered when you jump onto an enemy's head (not sure if it's just the normal jumping or not).

munchkin
23rd Mar 2006, 21:01
okay.... This demo is AWSOME :eek: really really awsome, the mag had some screen shots of the mansion, and an article the possitivley glowed, and worshipped. :)

the demo gives a nice vairety of the gameplay varietions in the game, once you get used to the controls, which happens quickly, and in full game we ahve the mansion to access whenver as a full level on its own to train on before playing the game , they had the option dimmed, tanitlizingly on the demo like saying its here, you go back, but not now, you have to wait......

swimming is easy enough once you get the hang of tings, as is the grapple, and so on... its all kind of cool, evolution.

And according to the OPS2 its graphics are unbleeivable they look more next gen than PS2 :) so just imagine the 360, PC and eventual PS3 graphic for Lara now shes moved to CD :)

and they are amazing, the first little while i kept getting distracted by the sheer awe of the scenes shadows of birds, perfect, the way water falls, so real

becca xxxx going back down to play it again and again :)

Paul-uk
23rd Mar 2006, 21:24
the swiming is NOT bad at all is just diferent I like this one best cos she ACTUALLY swimmings like a human lol :D

I CAN NOT wait to buy the game!!! :D :D :D

munchkin
23rd Mar 2006, 22:22
I CAN NOT wait to buy the game!!! :D :D :D

and a big loud AMEN to that :D

i just can;t wait for Amazon to deliver it :) from its pre order :)

beccaxx

Tim3r
24th Mar 2006, 11:23
the demo kicks ass the swimming is good the cam is a bit wired to me but i'll get used to it and tht level was too damn short

i will preorder this game