PDA

View Full Version : Complete Video of the Demo

Inserity
18th Mar 2006, 07:06
Hi everyone,

Here is something I've found and I don't know whos seen it or if its new or old. I think its old because the site I got the link from put it on there a couple of days ago. Just for all of you like me whos seen pictures and little bits of videos and never played the demo. It's a video of someone playing the demo. It's not very good res but its still good enough! Enjoy!

http://www.tomb-raider-media.com/ Should be right up front there on the page. Download the full video.

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 07:22
I'm already downloading it. (the high version) I'll come back with impressions :)

10x!

dhama
18th Mar 2006, 10:23
questions....

Does Lara have borg shielding since bullets bounce of her?

Is there a cutscene every few steps?

Why is it the baddies always know the quick way in and Lara has to work out puzzles to get to the same place?

Why do the enemies always, well almost always have their back to her?

Can you carry on from the end of the demo when you get the full game..... i.e. save game? (PC version)

Why has my toast burnt, and coffee cold?

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 12:17
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!! This is... fantastic!!! It`s the best Tomb Raider game EVER and by far one of the great games of this year!!!

I`ve download the 100 MB version of that demo and it`s true, like Inserity said - it`s a video of someone playing the demo.

Lara is great, no visible bugz seen and... the new features are wonderful! I almost cried watching `coz I wanna play it.. So EIDOS please release the f%^%$% PC DEMO!!!! :mad:

As for the questions:

Lara doesn`t have borg shielding (I didn`t see one)

No, it isn`t! There are cutscenes but they are not annoying at all, they`re small and very, very well-made.

The enemies have a great IQ :) , the puzzles are also very well-made and the game itself looks to have some elements from the first two Tomb Raider Movies. The weapon-system kick ass!

I'm SO impressed!!! Tomb Raider Legend is 3-4 times better than Angel of Darkness! Eidos and CD went from 0 to hero with this 7th game of the series!

And... the demo-movie running time is ~13 min. It worth to download the 100 MB version for the medium quality - a little low resolution.

NOW PLEASE RELEASE THE PC DEMO!! :cool:

KasiaTrent
18th Mar 2006, 12:50
I really don't want to watch it. I know it will spoil everything, but I'm so curious! :mad:

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 13:15
Yes, it will spoil the 1st level (a part of it) - I guess it`s the first...
But it worth seeing. It did 4 me, `coz I couldn`t take it anymore with that 'cursed' PC DEMO :D

Trinity34
18th Mar 2006, 13:27
Sorry but it has already been posted here....

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57123

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 17:08
No, it hasn`t. :p That`s other stuff from TR central

GoranAgar
18th Mar 2006, 17:17
It is both TRCentral.

Inserity
18th Mar 2006, 18:13
That thread doesn't seem to give the exact link to where the video is. It gave the site but it's been updated so new pages have covered over that one. You can go to the next pages to see where I got the link at. But some people haven't seen it, like me.

As for the other questions that didn't get answered, I don't know if you can save and continue when you play the full version. It's really not that long though, so it wont take you long to play it again in the full version if you can't save.
No, the enemies don't always have their back to her in this demo. There's at least 6 guys that you encounter straight up. Just download and see! :)

To me it only spoiled a little bit of it but not a lot, because I couldn't really understand the story, since it was so short. This is nothing but a full video of all the bits of videos and picture's we've seen. There's only a couple things I haven't seen from videos and pictures but its not that big of a spoil. It may be to someone else though.

sorcerer
18th Mar 2006, 18:54
So this THREAD is GREAT and Inserity rocks! :thumbsup:

Treeble
18th Mar 2006, 19:02
That thread doesn't seem to give the exact link to where the video is. It gave the site but it's been updated so new pages have covered over that one.

And in a few weeks this thread won't give the exact link to where the video is, either. :p

Inserity
18th Mar 2006, 19:34
http://www.tomb-raider-media.com/ Should be right up front there on the page. Download the full video.

This isn't TRCentral. I got this site off of TRCentral but its not on the same site. Yes it does say that it will be replaced with something else when the game comes out, but then you wont need this video when you can buy the game (or hopefuly, play the demo).

So this THREAD is GREAT and Inserity rocks! :thumbsup:

Heh, thanks sorcerer. And to you two whos bickering over nothing. Treeble is just making statments about the link I provided. And I'm replying back. lol. So this game looks good so far and I can't wait to actually play the demo. :D or the game.

konichi-wa
19th Mar 2006, 00:19
Tnxs i loved it:D

ShadowOfOblivion
19th Mar 2006, 00:35
This isn't TRCentral. I got this site off of TRCentral but its not on the same site.

Sorry to say this but you're wrong =\.

TRMedia is a property of Tomb Raider Central. Ben just has it seperate because its a partnership between him and another fansite, where they join together to provide exclusive videos and unmarked screenshots.

Unmarked screenshots is the way to go too. I hate trying to use one for my artwork only to find a URL plastered on it.

Inserity
19th Mar 2006, 01:20
Sorry to say this but you're wrong =\.

TRMedia is a property of Tomb Raider Central. Ben just has it seperate because its a partnership between him and another fansite, where they join together to provide exclusive videos and unmarked screenshots.

Unmarked screenshots is the way to go too. I hate trying to use one for my artwork only to find a URL plastered on it.

Well my mistake. But at least some people liked the vid. :D. Plus, I'm pretty much a noobie to teh TR series. Would you count playing TR1 at 7 years old and never playing another TR, a newbie? lol.

sorcerer
19th Mar 2006, 07:31
Would you count playing TR1 at 7 years old and never playing another TR, a newbie? lol.

What do you mean you are 7 years old? :)

Yes, some people enjoyed the video (like me), it was great! 10x again!

StarChampagne
19th Mar 2006, 18:27

I don't think they do ;)

Great video! But I had to look away when Lara solved that pulley and push-block puzzle. I want to do some things for myself, heheh. The game looks fantastic. And I'm even getting used to Keeley Hawe's voice... Although I still say the other ones were better :)

lara_legend
19th Mar 2006, 21:02
can someone post it online cause i am not allowd to downloud anymore.
i am very curius to the video so could someone post a link that opens the movie in media player.

Inserity
20th Mar 2006, 03:57

Yes, some people enjoyed the video (like me), it was great! 10x again!

Ha, no. I was saying that I played TR1 when I was 7. I'm not 7 now.

sorcerer
20th Mar 2006, 07:14
Ha, no. I was saying that I played TR1 when I was 7. I'm not 7 now.

Good 2 know :)