PDA

View Full Version : Official Legend Guide Book announced

MissLara2U
17th Mar 2006, 15:23
Of course, ours will be better ;)

Piggyback, the foremost publisher of official game guides, today announces it will publish the definitive companion to Eidos Interactive's hotly-anticipated Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend, for PlayStation® 2, Xbox®, Xbox 360TM, PC and PSPTM. The guide will be rolled out simultaneously with the game across PAL, US and Asian territories. The book will appear in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian languages in Europe at an RRP of Euro 14.99 / £10.99 with the US guide shipping at $16.99.

Benefiting from a vast offering of official and exclusive artwork, the guide was developed at Piggyback in conjunction with Crystal Dynamics, the US developer and part of the Eidos group, over a six month period. With direct input from the development team, the book outlines the precise location of all rewards, a complete overview of all unlockables and the most extensive Behind The Scenes section ever written for a game's guide. The guide will offer over 200 pages with more than 25% dedicated to 'Extras' alone.

Louie Beatty, Managing Director of Piggyback, commented: "Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider series are household names and Crystal Dynamics has done an incredible job in creating Tomb Raider: Legend. Putting together the official guide worthy of the first lady of adventure's best game to date has been a challenge worthy of Lara herself, but the results have been worth it".

"Anticipation for the Tomb Raider: Legend game has been amazing," said Janet Swallow, Licensing Director at Eidos Interactive. "Piggyback has a reputation for producing outstanding guides. For the official guide for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend, fans will be expecting the best and Piggyback hasn't disappointed".

Quick Facts

Quality Production

Back cover foldout with an overview to all icons on the maps

Quick search, colour-coded index, user-friendly tab system

In Game Marketing: full page ad in every manual to the Tomb Raider Legend game

Dedicated User Base: Pre-release information mailed to 400,000 Piggyback registered gamers

Free Demos·
Visitors to www.piggybackinteractive.com can download 12 sample pages of the Official Tomb Raider Legend Guide free of charge from the 7th April 2006.

Tomb Raider: Legend Official Guide Details·
RRP: £10.99/ AU$ 34.95 – Available in all good videogame retail outlets and bookstores

ISBN (UK): 1-903511-81-X

EAN (UK): 978 978-1-903511-81-7

Launch: Simultaneous with the game

Palmtree
17th Mar 2006, 17:06
Thanks.

I probably wont use it. :D i like the challenge.

Mangar The Dark
17th Mar 2006, 18:27
Thanks.

I probably wont use it. :D i like the challenge.

Exactly. It always seems odd to me when I see people buying the game and the guide at the same time. I'm thinking, "Come on! At least TRY to figure it out on your own!" And these days, if you're stuck with a particular puzzle, you can just about always find the answer online. But I suppose if the extras are really good, I can see why some diehard fans may find this interesting.

imported_Mark_
17th Mar 2006, 18:56
Thanks J. I probably will get a Spanish copy when it comes out, I want to see those exclusive artworks and the behind-the-scenes text.

Palmtree
17th Mar 2006, 19:11
And it's praticaly impossible to get stuck in a puzzle, with that R.A.D. mode on her binoculars showing what you can use.

Mekairinek
18th Mar 2006, 00:07
Hey, not ALL of us are puzzle solving wizards. =( Don't be hatin'!

Aniwho, I'll get the guidebook to look at the pretty pictures. =] I kinda wish Brady Games was making the book, as they make AWESOME premium format guides. *hugs her Final Fantasy X-2 guidebook /w art book* Ahh well.

Trinity34
18th Mar 2006, 00:36
Thanks ML2U. :) Gonna get this for sure.

imported_Mark_
18th Mar 2006, 15:52
I just found the packshot.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9973/tombraiderlegendcoverim4sb.jpg

LizzyMM
20th Mar 2006, 00:18
I always buy the guide book for the TR games. IF I get stuck I don't want to wait!! by logging on or wasting time trying to figure it out. I just want to play the game. I can look in the GB and get the solution and get on with the game. This series has great replay value so the next time around I can take my time. But when I get a new TR game outta my way!! LOL I was in the EB Games store on Friday. They had the 'coming soon' shelf stocked with the new titles. There she was, all lined up for all the different consoles. I picked it up and looked inside, empty!! So close.... LOL

Treeble
20th Mar 2006, 00:45
Wow! Hope I manage to grab one of those! :eek: :thumbsup: