PDA

View Full Version : Hi am new to the message board and wanted to say hi

ajww130871
17th Mar 2006, 12:54
Hi people, my name is Andy and I'm new to the message boards. Just writing to say that I have enjoyed some of the comments that I have read. I'm a huge fan of Thief, as is my wife and my son too! Has any1 any news on any future Thief games?? I have recently been replaying Thief: Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age. Thief: Deadly Shadows, to me, is one of the most spectacular stealth games ever and I hope that if there are more in the series, that they will be of the same high standard that has been found in previous games.
Hope to hear from some of u soon.

Andy:D

Peter_Smith
17th Mar 2006, 18:04
Welcome to the forum, Andy. :)

There are no plans for Thief 4 because the original developer, Looking Glass Studios, and the Thief 3 developer, Ion Storm Austin, are both out of business. That does not mean someone will not one day buy the rights, but I think it is unlikely. There are two bright lights. One is that there are a large number (600 or so?) of fan made missions (FM's) already in existence that will keep you going for a few years. Check www.thiefmissions.com . Thief 3 FM's are just starting to come out. Check out Darkloader as a program that can launch only T1 and T2 missions and Garrettloader as a program that can launch all of them. The second bright light is the ongoing development of The Dark Mod. Check out www.thedarkmod.com . If you need more information on any of these things, you can try the search function of the forum.

Old Man
18th Mar 2006, 11:08
Welcome Andy, and Mrs Andy, and Andy jr. Nice to know there are even more fans still out there we haven't heard from yet. Peter's got you oriented pretty well. I expect EIDOS could resurrect Thief anytime they want too. IIRC, a couple or three of the ISA folks are now working inhouse at EIDOS.

ajww130871
18th Mar 2006, 18:48
Hi Guys,
Many thanx for your replies to my thread. It is nice to know that u guys are out there and like me are hoping form Eidos to resurrect the Thief franchise for more adventures. Maybe the next step in Garretts evolution would be a feature film? I think this could be a good way of taking the franchise further and reignite interest in the Thief series. What do u all think?? Maybe some people disagree, and this is only my opinion, but maybe it could work well. I'd love to hear your comments.
Thanks
Andy:thumbsup: