PDA

View Full Version : Help Why?!

micke_sa
15th Mar 2006, 06:41
Hi my commandos SF is a problem for me now when i come to an to eye and eye or idont remeber there is my computer rebooting why??
excuse my english!

Assasin
15th Mar 2006, 12:04
only in this game ur pc reboot's ? maybe u have some software problem >!

micke_sa
15th Mar 2006, 13:00
thats happen only when i try to start level: an eye for a eye!!!

alasry
16th Mar 2006, 12:57
I have the same problem!!!
please someone help :(

Sjefke
16th Mar 2006, 15:11
I had the same problem; this is what fixed it for me.

Get the latest drivers for your graphics card (i my case forceware 84.20)

Reboot your pc, while it's booting keep tapping f8 until you get a list of boot options, choose safe mode.

At the windows loginscreen login as admin.

Go to your device manager, click on the + next to screen adapters (don't know what that is the exact word, i don't have the English version of xp)

Right click on your graphics card and choose uninstall.

Now restart your pc nomaly and install the new drivers.

I hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

alasry
16th Mar 2006, 22:51
Thanks a lot but it didn't work for me.
I can play now after the movie (I clicked Esc right before the load of the movie) but every one min or 2, I get a blue screen with errors and the system is reboot immidiatly :(

Assasin
16th Mar 2006, 23:05
what videocard do u have ?

alasry
16th Mar 2006, 23:11
Ge force Fx 5200 128mb
it should work with that..

Edit:
I also chacked my driver, but I don't know if I have the last one-
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.8420

Another edit:
everything work now :) I updated my driver.
Thanks.

Sjefke
17th Mar 2006, 08:56
ForceWare 84.20 was released in the beginning of this month. So if you have not updated your drivers in a couple of months i would recommend to do so.

beko
17th Mar 2006, 09:48
ForceWare 84.20 was released in the beginning of this month. So if you have not updated your drivers in a couple of months i would recommend to do so.

You mean the official ForceWare 84.20 ???? I don't see that on NVIDIA site , can you give me the link for it?

alasry
17th Mar 2006, 11:19
There you go (http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/nVidia-ForceWare-8420.shtml)

:)

Assasin
17th Mar 2006, 16:16
if ur driver problem don't work..try to change ur directX ( u need 9.0c version)

Janes Addiction
17th Mar 2006, 20:59
Same probelm here guys. I managed to satrt th eye for an eye level the first time but it kept crashing after I reached a certain point, computer rebooting as described above.

It seemed to be when a soldier fired a MP40 on the map, but I cant be sure of this. It also happened when I fired my Luger once for the first time on this map.

And so I restarted the level. Now it reboots my computer as soon as the level starts.

The last sound to play repeats 3 times quickly (like a 1/2 second snippet of the sound 'cha-cha-cha' and the the computer reboots.)

Specs

AMD XP 2500+
Geforce TI4600
1.25gb RAM
Soundblaster LIve (no EAX enabled)
Via KT400 motherboard.

Nothing overclocked, game was fine up until this point and runs very smoothly at 1024x768 with no AA.

I have tried upgrading GFX card drivers to latest 81.98 force ware and Soundblaster Live latest official drivers, no difference. I have had the latest Direct X 9c all along. I am quite an advanced computer user, so I have checked the usual things.

Has anyone any suggestions please? I am really loving the game, its amazing. Maybe a few RPG elements on the characters would be nice, ie you could upgrade them, but apart from that its great, best shooter I have played since HL2.

Sjefke
17th Mar 2006, 21:53
If you make your pc not auto reboot you will properly get a blue screen (of death) with a error message. Read it, write some key parts down and press your reset button. Then post here what the error message said (or google parts of it).

To stop your pc from auto rebooting do the following.
Right click my computer
click on properties
click on the advanced tab
click on the lowest settings button (boot and reboot settings)
in the new window remove the check at automatically reboot the pc (or something like that) at the system error section.

Janes Addiction
17th Mar 2006, 22:29
HI , I upgraded to the latest drivers for my GFX card, 84.20 and managed to play thru the level with no crash, and have not had a crash since.

I will report back if I have any more thou. thanks !!

Loving the game, the levels get fantastic later on, I am on the level after Eye for an Eye and loving it! I wish you could aim SMGs like rifles, but thats OK.

Also its a bit annoying that the sniper cant use SMGs or other rifles, and the spy cant use rifles, highly trained commandos, huh? :D But I guess the point of the game is to use the characters skills to finish the level.

Loving it.