PDA

View Full Version : battles - battle torn armies

grahamwookie
14th Mar 2006, 20:33
Ive just brought the game but im at work and very keen to play.

Ive got a few questions:

When you retreat from a battle, does that army, the next time it fights will have whatever troops that were left from the last battle?

Is their a 'Disengage' order from a melee fight for each regiment of men?

Thanks

officerpuppy
15th Mar 2006, 03:16
"When you retreat from a battle, does that army, the next time it fights will have whatever troops that were left from the last battle?"

Yes, if you lose 20 of your line infantry unit unless you heal your soldiers or merge them into another unit, you will not get back those 20.

"Is their a 'Disengage' order from a melee fight for each regiment of men?"

No, they fight to the death unless by a very rare event they retreat when confronted by another unit.

von_lipwig
16th Mar 2006, 10:46
Your men will be able to retreat from the battlefield with whatever numbers they had when they ran away like cowards.
In a later stage, the enemy may be able to persuit your forces, however, which may mean that you lose your men. The enemy can then decide either to execute or release your men (you have that choice as well).
If they execute them, the soldiers are lost forever, if they release them, in a way you lost them too, but you regain some population.

There is, as far as I know, no disengage button, and I never saw my men withdraw unless once from a square formation.

hardyea
16th Mar 2006, 17:10
Ok, When your troops go into melee combat, you can only as far i know fight to the death. Sometimes but not always, they will run away. there is no disengage as far as I know it. To expanded on von lipwig, When you retreat, the other army can capture you army you attacked. They can release you army and one or two symthomy with go to the other countries, not just the country you at war with. When they release you, your country population stay and they get back there army in your main base of your empire. Also, if they choose to execute your soldiers, your symthomy with go down and also your soldiers population will go down even with your peoples population with go down. I think with your execution of your army, I feel that when your soldiers are killed, I believe that your country are even pissed off, that they wont to win, even more. So one more thing, don't let the russians take the chance to capture your guys. They don't like any person who goes to war with them, So when they get the chance, they will Kill you soldiers. Peace