PDA

View Full Version : Flying guns ?

Takashii
13th Mar 2006, 12:49
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/screenshots.html
(the screenshot in the upper right corner)

Look at Laras hands.. one of the guns is flying.. (the gun further away from the camera)

Xcom
13th Mar 2006, 13:16
Fascinating.

Palmtree
13th Mar 2006, 15:46
one of the guns is flying..

No it isn't.

Takashii
13th Mar 2006, 15:57
Well.. she's not holding it.. are you sure you pressed the right screenshot ?

WraithStar
13th Mar 2006, 16:18
No it isn't.

Look at the screenshot on the top right, where Lara is shooting a guy. The gun in her right hand is actually behind her hand and we can see all of her fingers. It's probably a glitch, although I'm surprised that they would release a screenshot showing bugs.

Palmtree
13th Mar 2006, 17:11
Yes , I didnt press the right screenshot.

It's a common mistake a screenshot like this. But this is definatly not going to be in the game , Eidos wouldn't work for 2 years in a game where she wouldn't put her hands on the gun.

WraithStar
13th Mar 2006, 18:08
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually in the game. I mean, bugs are bound to happen and as long as it's nothing major I don't mind a few clipping glitches here or there. I'm just surprised that Crystal would release a screenshot showing the bug. Do all of the screenshots of Legend come from Crystal? I'm wondering now if some of the magazines that have played the Legend demo are allowed to release whatever screenshots of it that they want to.

angelion
13th Mar 2006, 19:13
You know this isnt the first time I saw Lara holding her guns funny and I wanted to make a comment on it. Im sure if we look back at some of the previous screen shots we will see the same thing somewhere.

It may just be a glitch and I hope that CD will fix it. It might not be "that" noticeable during gameplay, but with todays technology is it really that hard to make a character hold a object properly?

Palmtree
13th Mar 2006, 20:28
You're making this too much of a big deal.

It won't be in the game. Crystal Dynamics wouldn't let a game get out featuring a problem like this. And this is a big and noticeble problem. Eidos wouldn't look at the guns and say:

"Hmm , Lara's guns are flying .... oh well."

That has a very very slight chance of happening on the PC , but on the PS2 there's no chance of that kind of problem existing.

Tomb Raider is too much of a big franchise for Eidos to get a 9.0 rate because of glitches.

BadAzzCroft
13th Mar 2006, 20:46
Little things like that doesn't bother me anymore. Crystal D worked really hard to improve Tomb Raider and get it back on top.They actually took time to take what we (the Tomb Raider fans) want and put it in the game. :D What they created is beyond what we all expected. ;)

Takashii
13th Mar 2006, 21:12
Little things like that doesn't bother me anymore. Crystal D worked really hard to improve Tomb Raider and get it back on top.They actually took time to take what we (the Tomb Raider fans) want and put it in the game. :D What they created is beyond what we all expected. ;)

I agree but the fact that they don't bother fixing small problems like that worries me.. I would rather have the environment a bit flawed than Lara herself since she is ofcourse the main character, If the environment has problems you get past them and forget them but if Lara has a problem you have to look at it through the game.

tomb raider babe
13th Mar 2006, 22:03
now that was weird. she wasn't holding it. I gess every game has a glich.