PDA

View Full Version : How to replace old lara with new?

brandonboucher
10th Mar 2006, 20:11
Ok I have a new lara outfit and remake from Aod, right and i want to put it in my wad file so i can use her. I have wad merger but im confused on how to do it because it never works? can someone help me?

trplayer
12th Mar 2006, 01:05
Why exactly is WADMerger not working? There could be a number of things wrong. Do you have the runtimes? Some versions of WADMerger only work with older versions installed. Have you observed this? More details, please :).

Jon

Jaden Kore
6th May 2006, 00:31
Im confused about replacing the old lara, I downloaded de runtimes and wad merger, but I don't know what to do. I also don't know what each program does:mad2:

MountainDewNut
6th May 2006, 00:40
Can you open Wadmerger without a problem? If so, continue.
Load the outfit wad into the right window and click the little '+' sign that appears next to the wad name. Then load the wad you want to add the outfit to in the left window. Select the first item listed from the right window and click add. It will ask you if you want to confirm, click 'yes'. Do this for all the items in the right hand window. Save the wad in the left hand window. Then, output the wad like you would for a level and play the game. You should have sucessfully added the outfit.

bedazzled
6th May 2006, 05:29
I have a tutorial on getting started using WadMerger here.
http://www.laras-workshop.co.uk/basic.htm

Jaden Kore
6th May 2006, 16:49
Wouldn't the wads that I copy, from the right hand window to the left hand window be the same. I copied them, but when I select them now on the left hand window, I don't see any changes in the wad, neither in the preview window, it looks the same as the old one.:scratch:

MountainDewNut
6th May 2006, 16:57
Wouldn't the wads that I copy, from the right hand window to the left hand window be the same. I copied them, but when I select them now on the left hand window, I don't see any changes in the wad, neither in the preview window, it looks the same as the old one.:scratch:

I think you may have to reload the wad to see the changes, not sure. Have you atleast tried the outfit in game to see if it works? Don't forget to output the wad first.

Jaden Kore
6th May 2006, 18:22
Hey thanks, it works, all I had to do was reload the wad.:D