PDA

View Full Version : Annex a provice

Thesilent1
5th Mar 2006, 21:19
can you annex a provice of an empire(eg. france)? because once i was France and Great Britian invaded me and i lost the battles on Brittany and then i signed a peace treaty and i lost Brittany as a territory. And once i was Prussia i saw France invade Austria and Austria lost but then France sended his troops to Hungary,Bohemia and Galica and when France Annex the Austria Empire he got Hungary, Bohemia and Galica as territories. So i tried it but i couldn't annex the provices. Does anyone know if u can annex provices and did i do something wrong? do i have to wait like 10turns on Bohemia before i annex Vienna? of do i have to send foreign troops to occupy Bohemia to get it as a Prussian territory?

officerpuppy
6th Mar 2006, 00:01
You can annex any territory except the captiols of the major emipres. Meaning if your at war with England and you land troops in Ireland, Scotland and Wales, sign a peace treaty, you get those provinces. If you have troops there, take over London instead of making peace, you occupy the territories but they are not yours. You don't even have to have troops in those provinces, just take the captiol and everything falls under occupation.

Thesilent1
6th Mar 2006, 00:46
have you played this game before? Because in the major empire(eg. France) if you occupy the capital of any major empire the provices and the capital become subjugated provice..atleast in my game it is

von_lipwig
6th Mar 2006, 11:26
If you have troops in the province of a major empire, you have the provinces under occupation, but they are not yours.

They will become yours, though, if you sign a peace treaty with the empire you are currently occupying provinces of. I guess those come as a sort of payment, or spoils of war.

This way, you can take over all provinces of an empire, exept for the capitol, which will only be subjugated, and which will require some troops there to maintain.

bodkinhead
6th Mar 2006, 23:14
What about the military annex of a neutral country?

If you stack the neutral capital with troops won't it become
yours after a period of time?

MikeJW
7th Mar 2006, 02:06
You can completely take over a "nuetral" country by sacking its capitol. For one of the 5 playable empires its different as you can only subjugate them. This means you gain nothing from them, have to keep troops in their capitol and cant use their land. What you do with one of those countries is beat them, place troops in all their territories and get a peace treaty. This way you annex those territories and can use them. Then, if you want, you can go back to war and subjugate just the capitol.

Thesilent1
7th Mar 2006, 04:03
von_lipwig wrote:
They will become yours, though, if you sign a peace treaty with the empire you are currently occupying provinces of. I guess those come as a sort of payment, or spoils of war.

Is this the only way to get provices from one of the five empires?

von_lipwig
8th Mar 2006, 11:23
von_lipwig wrote:

Is this the only way to get provices from one of the five empires?

Yes. The other way (just occupy them and then subjugating the capital) leaves the provinces unusable. If you sign a peace treaty with the empire before subjugating them, you get the lands you were occupying.