PDA

View Full Version : a few ways to deal with cheaters

chicagodave
28th Feb 2006, 17:03
heres a few things you can do deal with the cheaters or at least make it less painful. you have to be host ofcourse.

set rounds to a small number like 3 or 1. that way if you recognize a cheater they wont get to play much.

if the cheater is on youre team let the other team know by typing it up on the screen everyone can see the text on both sides, also let the other team know what hes wearing and what colors that way they can avoid him if they wish to stay in the server till the rounds over.

if you have a good room going lets say of 12 people and you know they all are legit lock the room by making the room limit 12.

if youre on a team with a cheater dont try and makes things worse on the other team by trying to get more kills, sit back and let the loser have his fun.

also note there are many types of cheats available not just infinite ammo or hard to kill, but also a speed cheat and wall cheat and so forth.

also please be aware not everyone with 4 or more stars is a cheater, we cant just assume, obviously try and recognize the name or watch them in game.

its unfortunate we have to put up with this, but thats what we get when a company ignores its fanbase.

Enigmajk
28th Feb 2006, 20:22
heres a few things you can do deal with the cheaters or at least make it less painful. you have to be host ofcourse.

set rounds to a small number like 3 or 1. that way if you recognize a cheater they wont get to play much.

if the cheater is on youre team let the other team know by typing it up on the screen everyone can see the text on both sides, also let the other team know what hes wearing and what colors that way they can avoid him if they wish to stay in the server till the rounds over.

if you have a good room going lets say of 12 people and you know they all are legit lock the room by making the room limit 12.

if youre on a team with a cheater dont try and makes things worse on the other team by trying to get more kills, sit back and let the loser have his fun.

also note there are many types of cheats available not just infinite ammo or hard to kill, but also a speed cheat and wall cheat and so forth.

also please be aware not everyone with 4 or more stars is a cheater, we cant just assume, obviously try and recognize the name or watch them in game.

its unfortunate we have to put up with this, but thats what we get when a company ignores its fanbase.
What I like to do is if im on law enforcement and the cheater is too just zapp him a couple times it messes up their vision and makes them mad lol :D . And about the company ignoring thier fanbase theres really no way they can fix that. Cheaters are getting banned trust me I know most of them have deteriorated I havent noticed many cheaters. Something that troubles me is that supposedly DNAS should pick up the codebreakers and game sharks as I was reading about it on the PS2 official forums.

jscagnetti
28th Feb 2006, 22:40
We keep a running list of known cheaters on our unofficial forum. Any of these players enter one of the rooms we are playing in. We just leave. Why give a cheat the satisfaction of cheating. He or she can't cheat if no one will play with them.

Also, we have a regular nightly private game for the forum members who sign up for it. Cheaters can't join so we don't have to worry about getting them out of our room.

This game really is fun if it is played with clean players. It's all the cheating and bickering that is bringing it down. If Eidos can't or WON'T do something about, we will do it ourselves.

Enigmajk
28th Feb 2006, 22:52
I signed up with your forums just waiting for approval me and my friends had a thing like that too we'd make a private game and invite people we knew were legit.:cool:

Snake1
1st Mar 2006, 18:16
Has been post before, same subject!! you waste of space - use the search before even thinking to start a new threat you goofy!

TERRYs2
29th May 2007, 21:47
SNAKE1 I REMEMBER YOU FROM SOCOM 2 man ME AND MODEST MOUSE!!! hit me up on aim llpistonsll