PDA

View Full Version : HI there, Another Noob here. With a few questions.

Alacritous
25th Feb 2006, 06:08
Hi there. I've come up with a story line that I was actually going to make into a Thief Fanfilm. But I contacted Eidos for permission and they told me in no uncertain terms that the mere thought of doing such a thing shouldn't even contemplate the possibility of crossing my mind. So my alternative is an FM. So I'm on my way, working through the Tutorials for Dromed 2, and I've got the first bit of my story well under way. Many thanks to you guys that take the time to write the Tutorials BTW, It's VERY appreciated. If I ever meet any of you, I'll buy you a beer or two.

Okay, on to the questions.

Can Missions be Branched? Like in TDS, Can I use one area as a hub and using different end points for the mission go to other maps and back again? I was thinking perhaps hidden optional objectives might be the way to go. Continuity of the content in the area isn't vital, but might be nice.

Basically is it possible to have multiple different end points to a mission? or to go backwards in the mission progression? without having to duplicate the level again and again?

For example, going 3-4-5-6-5-2-5-7-8.

Can there be continuity of equipment and cash between missions? I recall going into the lost city in TMA after the ride on the Cetus Amicus with the same gear, but that could have just been my imagination.

Is there such a thing as global variables in the game? that carry from mission to mission?

If these questions have been answered elsewhere, I apologize, I've looked around, and haven't found these particular questions dealt with anywhere.

Thanks for your time.

Alacritous

John D.
25th Feb 2006, 12:26
Can Missions be Branched? Like in TDS, Can I use one area as a hub and using different end points for the mission go to other maps and back again? I was thinking perhaps hidden optional objectives might be the way to go. Continuity of the content in the area isn't vital, but might be nice.Sadly no, you cant go back and forth in between levels in Thief 2.
Now you can go back and forth in System Shock 2 which uses the same engine, but to my knowledge no one has been able to put the scripting in Thief 2 to do this as well.