PDA

View Full Version : the vampire-hylden war+about moebius' staff

dumah's wraith
24th Feb 2006, 18:49
what was the point of it?Why did they start fighting?

In defiance, when raz meets moe at vorador's home, he asks after him. Moebius replies with something like 'Yes-but not without a goodly price in blood. That makes no sense. Why didn't moebius just walk in, staff activated? unless his staff only worked close up, and he didn't want to be picked off by telekinesis. So-how close would he have to be to immobolize a vampire?Ten feet? A hundred?

WraithStar
24th Feb 2006, 20:32
I think that the only explanation in the games for the war is that the Hylden refused to submit to the Wheel. I take that to mean that the Hylden refused to worship the Elder God and they found a way to keep him from getting their souls. Then the Elder God would have convinced the Ancients to liberate the Hylden souls so that he could feed upon them. That's my interpretation of it.

As for Moebius' staff--in SR2, when Raziel talks to him, he says every movement needs martyrs (or something like that). If he tells the mob, "Look, we got Vorador with absolutely no casualties suffered," it doesn't sound as impressive to the mob as, "We finally got the murderous fiend, but it cost us dearly." If the mob thinks it was easy to get Vorador, they'd be angry that Moebius didn't do it sooner. If they think it was a real struggle, they'll be impressed and they'll honor Moebius and his men.

dumah's wraith
25th Feb 2006, 21:01
thanks

SteveCarll81
15th Mar 2006, 04:28
the Hylden refused to worship the Elder God and they found a way to keep him from getting their souls

i just finished defiance fer like the 132nd time and it struck me :/ do u think the hylden drank blood n were immortal like the vampires were after they were struck with the curse? i mean like wat if they drank blood and were immortal but could ....make babys ? :eek: just a thought

i been away a long ....long time

BigKevSexyMan
15th Mar 2006, 05:55
No, because in BO2 they wanted to destroy all creatures. And if they were all destroyed then they couldn't feed themselves.

DemonicDC
15th Mar 2006, 15:16
I think mobius had to make them fight because of his staff lacking range. I mean, it can't be uberrange and we all know that a strong vampire has good range. First time Kain got owned by the staff, the second time he used a ranged attack (telekinesis) to get rid of said staff and be the one to do the owning.

Same with vorador. He is a ancient strong vampire.. he had the power to defeat malek (when malek was a damned armor only). I doubt the staff would be of any use untill they got close, which I doubt will happen.

So why did janos get defeated then, well the surprise probably took him close by. "Saving" raziel took to much time.
personally that was a bad mistake, raz is immortal.

SteveCarll81
15th Mar 2006, 17:39
No, because in BO2 they wanted to destroy all creatures. And if they were all destroyed then they couldn't feed themselves.

oh yea good point lol havent played bo2 in awhile,:thumbsup: good point

FearGhoul
15th Mar 2006, 19:44
Yeah I know, what was Janos thinking? Well, I guess he didn't know that Raziel couldn't be killed as easily as Vampires. Maybe he knew about the staff and thought it would effect Raziel the same way and then the Vampires would lose their savior.

WraithStar
16th Mar 2006, 16:51
Yeah I know, what was Janos thinking? Well, I guess he didn't know that Raziel couldn't be killed as easily as Vampires. Maybe he knew about the staff and thought it would effect Raziel the same way and then the Vampires would lose their savior.

In Defiance, Janos is obviously surprised when he learns of Raziel's nature. I think that Janos thought Raziel would be killed too.

dumah's wraith
17th Mar 2006, 20:51
another thought:maybe the staff costs energy to maintain