PDA

View Full Version : Dark

Boersmaatje
19th Feb 2006, 18:51
If I start the mission, I am in a dock. But everything is extremely dark. The water is white and you can see people, but everything is black. Is that supposed to be that way, or have I got a problem??? Does anyone know??
If you do, how can I solve this problem??
Thanks in advance, Sander

Dazzo1987
19th Feb 2006, 18:52
no its not supposed to be like that, sounds like a g card problem. Give us your specs.

Boersmaatje
19th Feb 2006, 18:54
I don't know how I can find my specs, but I've
got a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420

is that OK or doesn't that matter??

Broadside
19th Feb 2006, 18:58
You could do with a new graphics card, that one is unlikely to run the latest DX9c features. You should at least get the latest drivers from nvidia.com.

Boersmaatje
19th Feb 2006, 18:59
maybe I'm stupid but what is a driver??

Broadside
19th Feb 2006, 19:13
The driver is basically the software that communicates between the graphics card, the rest or your PC and the game software to produce what you see on the monitor. It is updated regularly by the card manufacturers to match developments in graphic hardware and games.

This is the latest driver for that product http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html Download the new driver first. Then you will need to uninstall your old nvidia display drivers using the Add/Remove programs utility in the Windows Control Panel. After removing the old drivers reboot the computer, navigate to the new driver you just downloaded and double click on it to start the setup of the new driver - follow the instructions and finally reboot again.

If you are unfamiliar with this process you should read the instructions on installation given in the link on the above webpage. It is also worth setting a restore point using System Restore before messing with the drivers in case something goes wrong (assuming you are using Windows XP/Pro).

Boersmaatje
19th Feb 2006, 19:24
thanks!! I'll try it, but not today anymore. I'll go and have a look at it this week I think. Do you think the problem is solved if I do that??

I've got another question: my brother has bought brothers in arms: road to hill 30 (?) and that one we couldn't play because of the graphics card. Is that problem also solved if I do the things you said??

thanks anyway!! I'll let you know if it has worked!!

Broadside
19th Feb 2006, 19:35
I cannot guarantee it will fix all the graphics problems, but it is the best thing you can do to make an improvement with that card. The bottom line is that your graphics card is very old now and will most likely not be capable of running the latest games. You will need to upgrade to a Geforce 6 series AGP card such as the 6600GT or the very latest (and last AGP 8X card which will be manufactured) Geforce 7 series 7800 GS.

lupin
19th Feb 2006, 21:37
is there INVIDIA video called Win2kXP :s when i play demo,... i have lag corrupting and stuff . .. how can i fix it

Natace
20th Feb 2006, 00:36
get a new graphics card, your graphics card hardly support DirectX8...

You should expect to run any of the later games with that card...

Dazzo1987
20th Feb 2006, 11:53
Get a 6600 GT 256 MB, only cost me 90 quid.

jimmyk06
20th Feb 2006, 14:33
wats 90 quid

Baxterianism
20th Feb 2006, 14:52
Cheap! thats what!, LOL :p

Dazzo1987
20th Feb 2006, 18:03
Well it cost abit more for me cos i got some guy to fit it, but its still pretty cheap for that card.

90 quid = 90 Pound Sterling.

Duh

Boersmaatje
20th Feb 2006, 20:28
Hey Broadside,
thanks for your advice to download the driver.
The game isn't dark any longer. Thank you very much!!

I haven't tried to install Brothers in Arms (it's my brothers...)
but I'll let you know if it works also.

Thank you very much again (by the way also the other ones who
helped, but Broadside tipped me to download the driver)!!

Sander

Broadside
20th Feb 2006, 22:09
Thats great :) Hope you can enjoy the demo now :thumbsup:

Boersmaatje
21st Feb 2006, 14:28
I really can enjoy the demo. When I played the first mission I thought this isn't Commandos :P, but the second mission with the spy was Commandos again. I was frightened that it wouldn't be like the previous commandos-games, but the second mission proved it would be (I hope).
Broadside thanks again. It's a great demo!!