PDA

View Full Version : Security module..SR7, SR9?? what the???

Natace
19th Feb 2006, 06:09
Ok, I got that stupid security module crap happening, I DO NOT have daemon running, I only have PC-Cillin running, which is my antivirus software, and I AM NOT turning that off!
These are the processes I have running...

-msnmsgr.exe
-pccguide.exe
-rundll32.exe
-IEXPLORE.exe
-explorer.exe
-taskmgr.exe
-wdfmgr.exe
-svchost.exe
-alg.exe
-svchost.exe
-svchost.exe
-system idle process
-system
-svchost.exe
-tmntsrv.exe
-tmproxy.exe
-smss.exe
-MsPMSPSv.exe
-csrss.exe
-winlogon.exe
-services.exe
-lsass.exe
-svchost.exe
-svchost.exe
-spoolsv.exe
-TmPfw.exe
-CTSVCCDA.exe
-nvsvc32.exe
-PcCtlCom.exe

There is no daemon in there, there is nothing that should cause this problem, I am going to try restarting the computer and see how that goes...if that doesnt work, then I'm furious at the amount of stupid game developers who can't make a goddamn working demo of their games.

I don't have a crap computer either, and it's too hot for me to bother posting my specs, not that they are even required to be written, considering they are way above the recommended.

Oh...and uh...what the heck is SR7 and SR9 or whatever? they are the security levels or something arent they?

jaywalker2309
19th Feb 2006, 09:20
do you have any cd burning software?

Natace
19th Feb 2006, 10:52
I have nero....but I havent used that in god knows how long, and ... I don't see why I should have to uninstall nero just to get a demo to work, because i got rid of Daemon tools, I reinstalled the demo, i got the same thing, I disabled antivirus program...same thing still, I enabled it and restarted the comp...same thing still...it's ridiculous...having to uninstall a crap load of things just to play a demo...it's pathetic.

jaywalker2309
19th Feb 2006, 10:54
I have nero....but I havent used that in god knows how long, and ... I don't see why I should have to uninstall nero just to get a demo to work, because i got rid of Daemon tools, I reinstalled the demo, i got the same thing, I disabled antivirus program...same thing still, I enabled it and restarted the comp...same thing still...it's ridiculous...having to uninstall a crap load of things just to play a demo...it's pathetic.

You could contact me via pm, and i will try and help you.. i've helped quite a few people and its turned out to be remnants of daemon tools left behind or still actually running (even tho you think u've uninstalled it)