PDA

View Full Version : sugestion for Eidos

darkreaver
18th Feb 2006, 18:26
I understand that those involved in the LOK project have since left Eidos. I think Eidos should have a contest for people to submit their concept for the final chapter of the seires. Winner will be give the first copy of the game before it is release to the general public. How do you all think of this Idea?

Raziel'sRevenge
19th Feb 2006, 00:18
It sounds freaking great, but I doubt it be put into action, at least not before a new game is officially announced, and by that time they'll pretty much be out of the planning stages. Still, I like it.

LOKFan
19th Feb 2006, 06:10
I think it's a potentially disastrous idea if the new remaining LOK team don't take LOK seriously.

*cringes at the thought of Kain bursting into a Hylden spy base armed with two phase rifles whilst spouting Hollywood cliches*

Raziel'sRevenge
19th Feb 2006, 21:12
@LOKFan: *cringes as well* Good point mate, perhaps there should be some sort of test to pass in order to be able to participate. A quiz or something about your knowledge of LOK and a personality match for the game, followed by and interview :D

Vampmaster
20th Feb 2006, 14:58
Amy already had a concept prepared before she left. Although the details of the story were left for whoever takes over to write.

Binky24
20th Feb 2006, 17:01
What is that saying in English? "The devil is in details"?
I'd love to get my hands on that concept. I wouldn't even have to play the game :D I'd just love to see how she intended to finish the story.

The DarkOne
20th Feb 2006, 17:27
same here. Well lets hope that if unforunately eidos is never going to release another LOK game they'd be kind enough to somehow introduce us to Amy's notes.

BigKevSexyMan
20th Feb 2006, 21:58
Now THAT is a suggestion for eidos

Raziel'sRevenge
21st Feb 2006, 03:04
If the next game is let out, I think that the concept notes and such should be put in as bonus. How freaking cool would it be to be able follow along as the LOK story grew and was changed? I mean we all know that it was supposed to be finished with SR1 but I'd really like to see the rest of what was left out/changed.

BigKevSexyMan
21st Feb 2006, 04:26
Yeah, that's much better than concept art.

Binky24
21st Feb 2006, 09:13
Yeah, that's much better than concept art.

Why not go crazy and do both? :D

Omega
21st Feb 2006, 11:48
Suggestion for Eidos: Bring out another LoK, so us fans can have closure and revel in the fact that it's one of a very few gaming series that actually has an end and hasn't been cancelled or forgotten about half way through.

Just one more.

It's not the world, is it?

fneh
21st Feb 2006, 12:05
please god no.......... Let paid professionals do their jobs please.

I WOULD like to see some kind of feedback from fans though. Some kind of questionnaire asking what made us enjoy the previous games so much and what changes we disliked etc. The consumer's feedback on such things would surely be invaluable to a company such as this...Hence this thread:HERE (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=55220)

*prays this topic doesn't turn into another next LOK title topic*

Umah Bloodomen
21st Feb 2006, 20:55
*prays this topic doesn't turn into another LOK title topic*

It will be split and merged if it does. ;)

*wonders how to change the link so it appears as normal text like the forum used to do for us automatically*

Refer to this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode) for the solution. :)

fneh
21st Feb 2006, 23:02
yay, thank you Umah ^_^

Umah Bloodomen
21st Feb 2006, 23:57
yay, thank you Umah ^_^

You're welcome. :)

NoobSaibot
22nd Feb 2006, 01:30
Hello all, I know it has been ages between my post, but I thought I would check in for news on LoK 6 or the Physical Soul Reaver. Since I see nothing I will ad my little nothing.
I am sure everyone remembers the huge lottery that went this week end. Well although like millons of other I did not win. If i had,and I am not kidding, I would have used as much of it as possible to by Eidos, CD, and anyone else I had to. Then I would have made a good LoK 6 a priority. For all our sakes I am sorry, This is still a coulda-shoulda-woulda, But it was my plan.

I will try to check in a little more often and hope.

Raziel'sRevenge
22nd Feb 2006, 03:04
Well Noob, I'm with ya all the way. If by some amazing chance I win the lottery, I'll put forth as much cash as is needed (well, I'll keep enough to live the good life :D) into stock in Eidos and Crystal to get me on the board of directors. Anybody else want to make the pledge? Our chances of it really happening have just doubled as of this post, and if two more people join it'll double again! ;)

Dr Kain
22nd Feb 2006, 04:27
If there is never another LoK game, I will never buy another Eidos product. Then again, LoK is the ONLY games they have actually made good.

Omega
23rd Feb 2006, 12:04
Hello all, I know it has been ages between my post, but I thought I would check in for news on LoK 6 or the Physical Soul Reaver. Since I see nothing I will ad my little nothing.
I am sure everyone remembers the huge lottery that went this week end. Well although like millons of other I did not win. If i had,and I am not kidding, I would have used as much of it as possible to by Eidos, CD, and anyone else I had to. Then I would have made a good LoK 6 a priority. For all our sakes I am sorry, This is still a coulda-shoulda-woulda, But it was my plan.

I will try to check in a little more often and hope.

Yeah, it's all your fault :(

We don't have another LoK because you didn't win the Lottery to buy Eidos and force them to make a sequal!

Of course, I joke :)

NoobSaibot
23rd Feb 2006, 22:51
You may joke and it isn't like I expected to win, but i would have loved to tell all the Lara croft fans that it would be a cold day in hell before I would have given the go ahaid on another dumb game. And of cource LoK6 would have been the company priorty.

Raziel'sRevenge
24th Feb 2006, 02:04
*pats NoobSaibot on the back*
I knew that I liked ya!