PDA

View Full Version : Everything sped up and unplayable

ewakio
18th Feb 2006, 00:43
Since the game wasn't posted on the eidos support website, I decided to post here in search for some help. I installed the demo, but all the animations and AI were sped up so that it was unplayable; it was like everything was in fast forward. I also couldn't change the resolution and graphics settings.

Someone please help me out, I'm eager to see what this game is really like.

jaywalker2309
18th Feb 2006, 10:17
Since the game wasn't posted on the eidos support website, I decided to post here in search for some help. I installed the demo, but all the animations and AI were sped up so that it was unplayable; it was like everything was in fast forward. I also couldn't change the resolution and graphics settings.

Someone please help me out, I'm eager to see what this game is really like.

what are the specs of your pc.. graphics card? cpu?

Janos
18th Feb 2006, 14:53
I am having the same problem with the animation and gameplay. It is as if the game speed is set too fast. Thesame for the blinking menu-options, the walking speed of my character and other characters, reloading. The subtitles start at the same time as the speech, but disappear too soon. The only thing that seems to have correct speed is the speech.

I run the demo on an ASUS A6Va laptop:
Intel Pentium M (Centrino) 740 (Dothan 1.73 Ghz; 2MB L2 Cache; 533Mhz FSB)
2x 1024MB DDR2 533Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128Mb VGA
15.4" WXGA ColorShine TFT (1280 x 800)
80GB harddisk 5400RPM
Windows XP Pro SP2 (Language: NL)

Demo is installed at C:\Games\Commandos Strike Force Demo\
Laptop uses the tool Power4Gear, which is set at "Super Performance". Changing this to "High Performance" does not make a difference.

jaywalker2309
18th Feb 2006, 14:57
I am having the same problem with the animation and gameplay. It is as if the game speed is set too fast. Thesame for the blinking menu-options, the walking speed of my character and other characters, reloading. The subtitles start at the same time as the speech, but disappear too soon. The only thing that seems to have correct speed is the speech.

I run the demo on an ASUS A6Va laptop:
Intel Pentium M (Centrino) 740 (Dothan 1.73 Ghz; 2MB L2 Cache; 533Mhz FSB)
2x 1024MB DDR2 533Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128Mb VGA
15.4" WXGA ColorShine TFT (1280 x 800)
80GB harddisk 5400RPM
Windows XP Pro SP2 (Language: NL)

Demo is installed at C:\Games\Commandos Strike Force Demo\

i got a toshiba laptop at home, similar specced to you, is 1.8 gig tho, has widescreen x700 in it, and its running fine.. what drivers you running?

Janos
18th Feb 2006, 15:03
i got a toshiba laptop at home, similar specced to you, is 1.8 gig tho, has widescreen x700 in it, and its running fine.. what drivers you running?
Thank you for your quick reply.

From looking at the Windows Display tab:
Supplier: ATI Technologies Inc.
Date: 30-8-2005
Driver version: 8.172.0.0

jaywalker2309
18th Feb 2006, 15:05
Thank you for your quick reply.

From looking at the Windows Display tab:
Supplier: ATI Technologies Inc.
Date: 30-8-2005
Driver version: 8.172.0.0

Okay they are old drivers.. now this is where our problem with laptops comes from.. as most laptop drivers dont get updated as often as the card versions of the same chipset..

Check asus site and see if they have an update, but i get feeling you'll have to find a `3rd party` fix to the drivers to get them to install on your laptop.. i had to do this on mine..

Janos
18th Feb 2006, 15:09
Okay they are old drivers.. now this is where our problem with laptops comes from.. as most laptop drivers dont get updated as often as the card versions of the same chipset..

Check asus site and see if they have an update, but i get feeling you'll have to find a `3rd party` fix to the drivers to get them to install on your laptop.. i had to do this on mine..
I will update the drivers. I will post the results here.

edit: ASUS has not updated their Ati video drivers for the x700. Therefore I have installed Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.205. Unfortunately this has not fixed my problem. I'd like to thank you for your assistence, and I can only hope ASUS will provide an updated Ati driver.

ewakio
19th Feb 2006, 00:46
I'm on a Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop...

1 GB Memory
256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 Go
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 730 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

I think the problem is probably with the processor. I checked on the commandos strike force website if my machine met the system requirements, and it said that my processor was too slow. However, since the processor is a Pentium M, that means that its much more efficient than normal Pentium 4 processors, so this 1.60 GHz is probably equivalent to a 2.8 or something.

edit:
@ Janos...
I think the minimum CPU speed for the game is 1.8GHz, which is why you and I are having this problem. I don't think it's a problem with video card drivers.

Sparhawke
19th Feb 2006, 02:16
hi, I'm having the same problem on my laptop:
P-m , 2.0 Ghz, 1 gig ram, 256 meg Geforce Go 7800 gtx, driver ver is 5.70
I doubt the problem has to do with the processor speed, more likely the video drivers, you might check your notebook manufacter's website for drivers, mine is Prostar but they haven't updated since nvidia posted their newest Go drivers last Nov.

jaywalker2309
19th Feb 2006, 09:22
Pentium M 1.8 gigs are equivalent of 2.6-2.8 gig normal Pentium 4's (i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong on that)

It wont be CPU, i've got the game running fine on my laptop at home. it will almost certainly be graphics driver related

tinmouse
13th Mar 2006, 21:12
I have Downloaded the Demo and It plays too fast like its in Fast Forward.
I have a DELL Inspiron 9300.

Judging by the Demo I think I should not buy this game.

I’m sure I’ll get some Waffle about techno stuff, but who has time for that.

madsm
25th Mar 2006, 14:54
This could very much be CPU related. Same problem with many of the EA Sports games. I downloaded a new driver for my CPU and made sure the power setting in the XP control panel was set to ALWAYS ON.

Restarted XP and it works fine.