PDA

View Full Version : Extra demo stuff

Mike_B
17th Feb 2006, 20:28
Open the config folder in your commandos directory, then open the file JuegoVer.cfg (with something like wordpad) and change these lines:

.resolution ( 1280.000000 1024.000000 )
.resolutionNTSC ( 1280.000000 1024.000000 )

Those are originally set to 800 and 600, change them to your desired resolution. While you are at it you can change these as well:

.bMarketingWhenExit 0
.bLoadSaveEnable 1

.bMenusExtrasActivo 1

Their use is quite self explanatory.

Additionally if you want to another difficulty make sure you have bLoadSaveEnable set to 1. That way you can create a profile (this way your settings in the options menu will be stored in a profile as well). If you want an extra difficulty level go to "my documents" there's a folder called CSF_data, open profile with wordpad then change this line COMMANDO_DIF or smth by setting it to 1.

Nice find sick

Baxterianism
19th Feb 2006, 21:40
Ok there is tones to unlock, including the credits for the game, removing age warning, all graphics to full and most importantly unlocking to multiplayer, i can get a full multiplayer game setup apart from loading a map , and as none of the 2 demo maps are featured in the multiplayer , it wont load to connect via lan :-( too bad, but lots to see none the less, below is my config, just copy and paste into yours then save as the above post.

[
.PREFERENCES
[
.sBootVersion "v1.0"
.bMarketingWhenExit 0
.bRating 0
.bMarketingExitoMision 0
.bUsaFLIDemo 1
.bAttractModeIngame 0
.bMenusExtrasActivo 1
.bPlayIntroBeforeLoad 1
.ServerDNASEnDebug 1
.bCreditos 1
.IncluyeVersionSingleplayer 1
.IncluyeVersionMultiplayer 1
.bMostrarEscenariosAll 1
.EventoDemoVersion 1
.langList ""
.bRED_PermitidoModem 1
.bLoadSaveEnable 1
.RENDEZVOUS_URL ""
.RENDEZVOUS_PASSWORD ""
.RENDEZVOUS_PORT 0
.uMaxPlayersMP 16
.PS2Code "BESLES-00000"
.Region 1
.uPulseDelayTime 2000
.fTiempoPulseDelayActivo 0.000000
.bNextMission 1
.WINDOWSREGPATH "Software\Pyro Studios\Commandos Strike Force Demo\Game"
]
]

Baxterianism
19th Feb 2006, 21:54
Heres a Screen Shot of the Multiplayer Window for Creating a LAN Game, Nice :D

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/multi.3b5.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

voldemort
19th Feb 2006, 21:59
Very helpful. Thanks! :D

Baxterianism
19th Feb 2006, 22:27
You may also want to load faster, ie, get rid of the loading screens, the above cfg removes the "16" showing for a while, to jump straight into the menu just delete everything apart from the following.

M_Third.bik
M_Menu.bik
M_Second.bik
M_fourth.bik

all found in the defult instalation position of:-

"C:\Program Files\Eidos\Pyro Studios\Commandos Strike Force Demo\Videos"

voldemort
19th Feb 2006, 22:58
juego.cfg file is another resource. You can change the points u get per type of kill (.fPointsPerHeadshot, .fPointsPerEnemy ...), color of the crosshairs etc. ... I tried to change the .WaitTimeAfterSniperShot to a small value to see if it reduces snipers reload time, but didnt see a big change.

Theres one property .bDeveloper. When I set it to 1, I saw a weird menu instead of the usual game. Neither the normal game came up nor a different one. Wondering what it does :rolleyes:

Baxterianism
19th Feb 2006, 23:05
ive been looking for DEV MODE for ages, thx mate, looks into it! :rolleyes:

voldemort
19th Feb 2006, 23:13
Don't forget to tell us ur findings :) Good luck :thumbsup:

Baxterianism
19th Feb 2006, 23:18
HMMM, I set it to 1, nothing happends, the game loads as normal, what else did you change?

voldemort
19th Feb 2006, 23:36
Sorry ... I found that the developer thing didnt bring up that menu .. It was .bMenuRapido = 1 that did the work ...

Baxterianism
19th Feb 2006, 23:46
Yeah well if you try and load the maps to DEV on them they dont load, yet rename your resist.pak to resist_DEV.pak and it loads of a second, maybe something else needs to be changed in the cfg file fo rit to load it into a way we can mess about with, thinks....

voldemort
20th Feb 2006, 00:02
cool ... im not that good at hacking games, but u may want to try the .bDebugInfo property to see if it dumps useful stuff while loading the _DEV files.

Also, .bShowConsole is set to 1 by default. From counter strike experience, I'm wondering if this will bring up the console menu with ~ key or something and show whats happening. :confused:

Baxterianism
20th Feb 2006, 09:42
I had already tryed that, I need to get into the .pak files really, but cant seem to find anything to open them up :mad:

Baxterianism
20th Feb 2006, 14:54
Ok there is tones to unlock, including the credits for the game, removing age warning, all graphics to full and most importantly unlocking to multiplayer, i can get a full multiplayer game setup apart from loading a map , and as none of the 2 demo maps are featured in the multiplayer , it wont load to connect via lan :-( too bad, but lots to see none the less, below is my config, just copy and paste into yours then save as the above post.

[
.PREFERENCES
[
.sBootVersion "v1.0"
.bMarketingWhenExit 0
.bRating 0
.bMarketingExitoMision 0
.bUsaFLIDemo 1
.bAttractModeIngame 0
.bMenusExtrasActivo 1
.bPlayIntroBeforeLoad 1
.ServerDNASEnDebug 1
.bCreditos 1
.IncluyeVersionSingleplayer 1
.IncluyeVersionMultiplayer 1
.bMostrarEscenariosAll 1
.EventoDemoVersion 1
.langList ""
.bRED_PermitidoModem 1
.bLoadSaveEnable 1
.RENDEZVOUS_URL ""
.RENDEZVOUS_PASSWORD ""
.RENDEZVOUS_PORT 0
.uMaxPlayersMP 16
.PS2Code "BESLES-00000"
.Region 1
.uPulseDelayTime 2000
.fTiempoPulseDelayActivo 0.000000
.bNextMission 1
.WINDOWSREGPATH "Software\Pyro Studios\Commandos Strike Force Demo\Game"
]
]

I THOUGHT ID MENTION THIS WILL RUN THE GAME ON FULL! - so if you get lag then its your system, some people are having probs because of using FX5200's on this cfg.

Mike_B
21st Feb 2006, 12:43
Found something else:

On some screens or in some trailers you might have seen that the Green Beret can dual wield machine guns. This is also featured in the demo it just took a small bit of trying to find out!

Firstly it isn't possible in the demo to dual wield the machine gun you start with (there doesn't seem to be another one), the germans use their trusty mp40 so you'll need to pick those up. To do this first kill a soldier with a mp40 then run to him and press F to pick it up. You'll loose one of your other guns though. I'm sure there's a way to decide which one but by lack of a manual I don't know. Ok so now you have one mp40 but you'll need another one so when you see another dead soldier with an mp40 walk over it and you'll pick it up.

After you've done that you'll have two mp40's in your inventory you'll just need to activate them. You'll need to use the é key (might be different on your keyboard it is under controls, other, next item) to switch from you're grenade to the icon you see below. (don't mind the bad performance I was concentrating on dual wielding guns rather than playing well) After you see the icon that is marked with red on the screen press the left ALT (also default) to activate it.

screen (http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/gallery/index.php/commandos%20strike%20force/misc/053.jpg?action=big&size=original&fromthumbnail=true)

Thanks go to iakovos, without him I wouldn't even know it was possible to do this in the demo!

Baxterianism
21st Feb 2006, 16:03
Good, find well done that man!