PDA

View Full Version : 6 officers in one province

Lefebvre
17th Feb 2006, 01:58
Here's something I noticed that had me puzzled - how to get 6 officers into one province without using mod hacks.

I was having a bit of a handbag fight with Austria in the east of Europe when I noticed they had 6 fully stocked officers in the Balkan province. Strange I thought, not seen that before. Hey hang on I thought, wait a cotton-pickin'-minute, how the heck did they do that? I didn't see a way until I realised they must have peacefully annexed a country (it turned out to be Piedmont) that had 3 officers in their sector along with 3 of their own. When they took Piedmont over those 3 officers became Austria's, troops and all.

I had to go and lie down in a darkened room for a while until I recovered my nerve :) hehehe

If anyone figures a way to use that in a fight let me know, coz I dunno if you can move those 6 officers together or even keep them in the province once they're there.

officerpuppy
17th Feb 2006, 02:11
I don't know if there is a mod for this, but since you insist on no mods. Then the answer is no. The game only allows three armies, and a fourth as a backup.

Lefebvre
17th Feb 2006, 16:02
There is a mod for this, but the point I'm making dude is that it already happened ;)

officerpuppy
17th Feb 2006, 16:37
Oopps :p

I was looking at the file that possibly changes the default of 3 armies per province and 1 as reinforcements. It occured to me that if this was changed, it might unbalance the game. It would not be fair if your surounded by enemies and then on their turn launch 4 armies at you and two in reserve.