PDA

View Full Version : WADMerger Improvements (Unofficial - hopefully TRWad will read this)

ggctuk
7th Feb 2006, 12:49
I have started this thread so that TRWad can hopefully fix certain problems with WADMerger. Add your suggestions here.

These are mine:

Successful opening of TR4 files (It crashed especially when I attempted to open times.tr4)
Full extraction of TR4 and TRC objects complete with textures
Sound Manager - Ability to delete and change sounds from your wad - and should be fixed altogether!
A horrible error occured when you attempted to transfer the mutant's dart from TR1. That needs fixing!
Animation editor - whenever you attempt to move a mesh in one direction, it moves slightly up/down as well, but it's merely minor.
Some meshes will NOT move. That needs fixing as well
And the cutscene viewer doesn't display anything at all. Only cutscenes 1,2,3 and 23 came up.

Any others?

Tomo
7th Feb 2006, 16:23
support for import mpq files to the wad. full textured.

However, you should post this in the forums from TRwad. www.trsearch.org

Tomo

GeorgeMaciver
7th Feb 2006, 19:30
Sometimes objects in the view window move out of sight and you can't see them. Only fix I know is to close Wadmerger and then restart it :)

GokuZ
7th Feb 2006, 19:54
ugh dont bother, Ive been begging TRwad to make alterations to Wadmerger for years (like 2 animating objects in 1 window).
The best we can hope is that he gives us the source files and someone can follow on his work...

ggctuk
8th Feb 2006, 08:54
What about animating objects made from enemies or Lara objects? When you want to animate them to another specific object. (I have an animating T-Rex for a title Demo Mode, and Lara is supposed to shoot it down, but the Second Object menu doesn't display it!)

GeorgeMaciver
8th Feb 2006, 10:52
What about Wadmerger being able to generate a randomly created level, complete with textures, baddies and damn good gameplay? This level building is hard work, after all! :thumbsup:

Raider X
8th Feb 2006, 13:34
Sometimes objects in the view window move out of sight and you can't see them. Only fix I know is to close Wadmerger and then restart it :)

You can move the objects in the window by pressing the page up and down buttons. :D You can also rotate the objects by pressing the arrow keys. :)

GokuZ
8th Feb 2006, 14:01
but the Second Object menu doesn't display it!)

TrWad added the 'second object menu' bar but it doesnt work, I think he intended on doing it , also he posted recently about being able to construct a room with animedit to make animations easyer to place , i wouldnt hold your breath waiting for any newer wadmerger versions in the future. I just wish Turbo/popov would add a Wad & Animation Editor to TRViewer

Driber
8th Feb 2006, 19:39
hmmm lets see...

- feature to copy&paste a range of a certain animation (for instance copy frame 30 through 46 in an animation of 80 frames in total....and then being able to paste that range into a different animation)

GeckoKid
9th Feb 2006, 01:11
remove the bug when the trw exported has only got one frame

and when importing the trw import the accel, next animation, next frame, state changes etc as well.

dhama
9th Feb 2006, 05:47
I only have one suggestion... pat yourself on the back, your doing a great job as it is. ;)