PDA

View Full Version : Updated News.

miDnIghtEr
6th Feb 2006, 07:32
Connection and Cheating Update Information
(PS2, PC)
Posted: 02/02/2006
We have received complaints about various connection issues that players are currently having. We apologize for the inconvenience, and would like to provide people with an update on how you can minimize the occurrences of these issues.

Server/Client vs. Peer to Peer

25 to Life uses a Peer to Peer network protocol. The game is actually played with all the PS2s completely in sync. This requires more bandwidth than PC games or client-server games like SOCOM 3 and Counter-strike. Since every PS2 in a game must be in sync, limited bandwidth on one player's internet connection, inappropriate firewall restrictions, or incorrect network setup can detract from other participants game experience - and could result in lag, or disconnects.

The 25 to Life servers only handle Clans, Friends, Accounts, and Matchmaking. A few of the issues can occur in the matchmaking process, and we are taking steps to minimize some of these occurrences. Recently the issue where players would receive a "failure to report stats" message has been fixed. If any players receive this message, please contact Eidos via our forums.

In addition, issues where players encounter a failure when joining a game can occur if they join a game after the status of the game has changed. To reduce these type of errors, we recommend that you join games with a low ping number, and multiple available slots.

Creating private games amongst players that have approved router and connection settings should drastically reduce the amount of errors you receive in game as well.

Addressing Cheating

We are aware that players are using codebreakers to cheat online. These players are in violation of two parts of our Online Agreement, and their accounts will be banned and their statistics will be reset. We ask for your patience while we deal with these players.

Now I know this is already posted in a sticky, but it's already locked, and no one can reply to it. well here is my reply. i thank you guys for putting this kind of info up so fast. i am a die hard socom fan and i really hate the fact that the game is so buggy and they don't give any news on anything their doing. now i don't believe this game is better then socom 3, more fun? maybe, but i do like the fact that you guys are responding pretty quick on some of the bs going on. thanks. :thumbsup:

EC_KING
6th Feb 2006, 19:45
True i wanted to say thank you to them also. :thumbsup: but the topic was locked.

ssone
7th Feb 2006, 05:22
Why exactly are you thanking them?

It took three weeks for them to give us an update which stated the obvious. They couldn't get the game working at all after 2 years, what makes you think they're actually *trying* to fix the servers let alone ban the cheaters?

It's the same thing as Zipper making us "verify" our account in which they replied that they would ban the credit card of known cheaters. Take a look at their ranking standing by any chance?

miDnIghtEr
7th Feb 2006, 06:09
Why exactly are you thanking them?

It took three weeks for them to give us an update which stated the obvious. They couldn't get the game working at all after 2 years, what makes you think they're actually *trying* to fix the servers let alone ban the cheaters?

It's the same thing as Zipper making us "verify" our account in which they replied that they would ban the credit card of known cheaters. Take a look at their ranking standing by any chance?

i'm thanking them because of their fast response to the problems. the people at zipper don't do anything or provide any type of feed back. so in comparison to zipper, i'm thanking them for atleast saying they know there are problems.

ssone
7th Feb 2006, 06:38
Fast response? you do realize it took them a good week to respond telling us theyre "fixing" it? do you also realize three weeks later the servers still stink and cheaters have practically taken over?

viZZiOn
7th Feb 2006, 07:23
Fast response? you do realize it took them a good week to respond telling us theyre "fixing" it? do you also realize three weeks later the servers still stink and cheaters have practically taken over?

do you realize that it takes a healthy chunk of time to fix problems like these in online games, if they rushed to release a patch it wouldn't fix a damn thing, or please anyone on here who's been whining

:thumbsup: iiiiight whiners

miDnIghtEr
7th Feb 2006, 08:00
my connection has been just find these days. when the game first came out, i was getting dissconnected all the time. all the time. hasn't happen to me in while now. i used to get the stats did not report boot all the time too. never get that now. i think they have fixed the servers. maybe not perfect, but better then when it first came out. now if they could do something with the cheaters, this would be a great alternative then playing socom 3, when you feel like running and gunning.

ssone
9th Feb 2006, 05:01
do you realize that it takes a healthy chunk of time to fix problems like these in online games, if they rushed to release a patch it wouldn't fix a damn thing, or please anyone on here who's been whining

:thumbsup: iiiiight whiners

It doesn't take a full month to patch a game. Get a clue, weren't you agreeing with me in the thread I made? plan on making up your mind anytime soon?

Snake1
9th Feb 2006, 13:57
dude no disrespect to anyone but thanking who ? what?? why?? 10 frikin poeple left playing online who gives a POOP if they respond with WE DEAL WITH THEM !! deal with this 10 POEPLE playing online!! who you gonna deal with now??

Irreverence
10th Feb 2006, 14:12
dude no disrespect to anyone but thanking who ? what?? why?? 10 frikin poeple left playing online who gives a POOP if they respond with WE DEAL WITH THEM !! deal with this 10 POEPLE playing online!! who you gonna deal with now?? lmao what a retard>>!!!
Say what?

Snake1
10th Feb 2006, 15:22
Say what?

he wrote: Now I know this is already posted in a sticky, but it's already locked, and no one can reply to it. well here is my reply. i thank you guys for putting this kind of info up so fast.

To reply to him, I was like - game has so many bugs, unplayable. Many people already has droped or about to.. I didn't mean to be rude although I meant to say, they don't deserve appreciation just because they responded fast but same time doing nothing about it. ;) I know patch takes time, thats cool but at least ban some top cheaters so people will think twice before they even start cheating, a simple suggestion, ya kno?

miDnIghtEr
10th Feb 2006, 20:12
they fixed the connection problem really fast for the ps2. i don't know what system you play on. now they need to take care of the cheaters.

darkmetal
7th Mar 2006, 23:01
Yes you really need to fix the connection issues or i will go back to playing Killzone the #1 online games still played and its a year or 2 old.

I have a suggestion you really need to add a feature that allows people to chat with players in the buddy list like killzone. Because i had issues with a friend we tried to play a game with each other but we couldn't because i could see him in the game and he was it in for sure.

There was no way of me to tell him that there was a problem i had to wait the next week to tell him on killzone online because that is where i met him please add this feature.

_Soulja_
7th Mar 2006, 23:06
that was over a month ago...we havent heard anything since

..C.A.B.L.E..
7th Mar 2006, 23:35
at least they fixed it ......

..C.A.B.L.E..
7th Mar 2006, 23:38
banning accounts is stupid.....

they'll just make other ones....