PDA

View Full Version : 25 to life cheating and server issues

BANKY
3rd Feb 2006, 02:43
I read MattD's post and i have a couple things to say and some questions. I'm sure other people have these questions as well.

1. Are you telling us that because this game is peer to peer, that we will have these issues forever? I noticed how you put that Socom is a client/server based game so it doesn't require as much bandwidth, but this does because of the way it is setup. Why was it done like this? Was it to reduce cost? Was it, in theory, an easier way to connect to each other, ie, simpler technology? Are the connection issues going to be addressed at all?

2. The cheating, you said you are banning accounts and reseting stats. But what does that really mean? Are the cheaters gonna be able to just make a new name? Are you really banning IP's? PS2's? or just the name on the account? Until you find a way to actually stop people from getting online with their cheat devices, then I don't think you are doing enough to deter them.

Final Thought:
I really like this game, I do. The cheating is ruining it though. The server issues are secondary to the cheating. I wanna support you, but you guys(whoever is responsible for the online portion of the game) are making it difficult. I'm trying to be patient and will give it about another month, but i'm just being honest here; if this stuff is not fixed, I will not play this anymore. I know that you guys have heard this before, but I wanted to say this to you guys in a constructive manner. ;)

Yo.MoMz
3rd Feb 2006, 15:12
I read MattD's post and i have a couple things to say and some questions. I'm sure other people have these questions as well.

1. Are you telling us that because this game is peer to peer, that we will have these issues forever? I noticed how you put that Socom is a client/server based game so it doesn't require as much bandwidth, but this does because of the way it is setup. Why was it done like this? Was it to reduce cost? Was it, in theory, an easier way to connect to each other, ie, simpler technology? Are the connection issues going to be addressed at all?

2. The cheating, you said you are banning accounts and reseting stats. But what does that really mean? Are the cheaters gonna be able to just make a new name? Are you really banning IP's? PS2's? or just the name on the account? Until you find a way to actually stop people from getting online with their cheat devices, then I don't think you are doing enough to deter them.

Final Thought:
I really like this game, I do. The cheating is ruining it though. The server issues are secondary to the cheating. I wanna support you, but you guys(whoever is responsible for the online portion of the game) are making it difficult. I'm trying to be patient and will give it about another month, but i'm just being honest here; if this stuff is not fixed, I will not play this anymore. I know that you guys have heard this before, but I wanted to say this to you guys in a constructive manner. ;)
I agree 100%

420_Toasted
3rd Feb 2006, 15:49

Final Thought:

Ditto..

Irreverence
3rd Feb 2006, 16:02
I probably wouldn't play it anyway, but I agree, this is ridiculous.

Also, what do you all think of my new signature? :D

chicagodave
3rd Feb 2006, 16:14

Final Thought:

great post. totally agree.

420_Toasted
3rd Feb 2006, 17:36
what do you all think of my new signature? :D

Whats that guy doing? Playing a harmonica... :D

dlkxsgb
3rd Feb 2006, 17:56
4 sure and the other is grabbing the cops azz!°0

schu70
3rd Feb 2006, 18:33

Final Thought:

I agree as well.

FYI - S3 is peer to peer too. So I'm starting to really doubt what these people say or know.

Irreverence
3rd Feb 2006, 21:26
Whats that guy doing? Playing a harmonica... :D
I thought of photoshopping a dildo, but my lack of skills stopped me. Damn those lack of skills! :mad:

EDIT
Hey, my sig is gone. Why is my sig gone? :mad:

dlkxsgb
3rd Feb 2006, 21:40
its adult content.
:D
AND WHAT FOR! :D
:D

0ddj0b
3rd Feb 2006, 23:14
seems like the guy that's getting arrested, doesn't like the way he plays his harmonica and tells him to stfu. the guy that has the harmonica has an angered expression on his face, cause he is sensitive about his harmonica playing skills. the end.

OldstyleHxC
3rd Feb 2006, 23:49

Final Thought:

TOTTALY AGREED !! 100%

Angel_
4th Feb 2006, 00:27
this just perfect , the post i mean.

maniac44
4th Feb 2006, 00:41
EDIT
Hey, my sig is gone. Why is my sig gone? :mad:

Signatures only appear once per thread.

BANKY
4th Feb 2006, 08:01
I appreciate all the support on this fellas. I knew all of you were having the same issues as me and I just wanted to make sure that i covered all bases. Matt usually responds to these types of posts when they are constructive in nature and I hope that we may get some specific answers from him.

I really, really don't blame Eidos or any of the people responsible for this game, I don't. I blame all the cheaters that feel they need an edge. When you look at it, its really a societal thing. I just hope that something is done soon. Thanks for the support fellas.

dlkxsgb
4th Feb 2006, 08:33
seems like the guy that's getting arrested, doesn't like the way he plays his harmonica and tells him to stfu. the guy that has the harmonica has an angered expression on his face, cause he is sensitive about his harmonica playing skills. the end.

i totallly agree to this