PDA

View Full Version : With an April release...

SasaPisa
1st Feb 2006, 04:36
...and a demo rumored to be on the way in Feb now would be a good time for some accurate recommended pc specs to start surfacing. Given that some people (me) will be upgrading for this it'd be nice to know what it is I need to upgrade.

I'll apologize in advance as I know this kind of post has cropped up probably many times before but, if someone has some solid info toss up a link? :p

suzieq51
1st Feb 2006, 05:33
LOL funny you should bring this up, SisaPisa. I too play on PC and notice on the upgraded site that the game will be on DVD as opposed to CD-Rom as in the past. I have no intention of upgrading my 'puter in order to play this game so I guess Eidos won't be getting any of my money this time. :D No problem, 'cause there are oodles of very excellent custom levels out there so I'll still get my Lara fix. :cool:

SasaPisa
1st Feb 2006, 05:46
Ouch, i'm sorry to hear that Suzie. I'm always looking for an excuse to upgrade as I use my pc for school and graphic arts...well I'm supposed to ;)

I can't know what your budget or level of comfort is with upgrading but if all you need is a dvd drive I can assure you that they are easy, quick, and painless to install. Additionally, a simple no frills dvd-rom can be had for as low as twenty dollars on ebay. I'm sure they're equally cheap in bargain stores.

I'd just hate to see you pass up Legends for lack of a simple dvd drive :(

dhama
1st Feb 2006, 06:00
a simple no frills dvd-rom can be had for as low as twenty dollars .........:(

Maybe they can give one away free with Legend...

jaywalker2309
1st Feb 2006, 09:56
LOL funny you should bring this up, SisaPisa. I too play on PC and notice on the upgraded site that the game will be on DVD as opposed to CD-Rom as in the past. I have no intention of upgrading my 'puter in order to play this game so I guess Eidos won't be getting any of my money this time. :D No problem, 'cause there are oodles of very excellent custom levels out there so I'll still get my Lara fix. :cool:

DVD rom drives cost $15..

You'll find almost all major titles now switching to dvd.. for such a simple cheap cost it would be a shame to miss out on all the new stuff.

dhama
1st Feb 2006, 10:05
Ok, so that's $15 for the DVD player + $49.99 for the game, equaling $64.99. I see your point. Let's hope a DVD player that cheap works. ;)

jaywalker2309
1st Feb 2006, 10:22
Ok, so that's $15 for the DVD player + $49.99 for the game, equaling $64.99. I see your point. Let's hope a DVD player that cheap works. ;)

*points to his pc* cost me a tenner from maplins.. works perfectly.. and its not just for lara, it would be for ALL games coming soon

Just taken a peek at 2006-2007 pc titles, 75% are dvd..

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2006, 10:25
You'll find almost all major titles now switching to dvd.. for such a simple cheap cost it would be a shame to miss out on all the new stuff.
But if one will never ever buy another PC game ever again, one has to pay it ONLY to play Tomb Raider Legend.

Here in Germany most games are released on DVD for over a year now. I wonder how it is in other European countries like the UK, France and let's say Finnland.

dhama
1st Feb 2006, 10:27
I agree, DVD is better. Rather put in one disk than several anyday.

BTW, perhaps you can tell us if we will have to register Legend online or not?

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2006, 10:41
Customer: "I'd like a pair of shoes."
Clerk: "Please fill in this form with your name and address. And we will take your firstborn if someone else but you is ever going to wear these shoes."

Online registration crap. :mad:

Oh, sorry. Did I say that out loud? :o

Mike_B
1st Feb 2006, 11:18
...and a demo rumored to be on the way in Feb now would be a good time for some accurate recommended pc specs to start surfacing. Given that some people (me) will be upgrading for this it'd be nice to know what it is I need to upgrade.

I'll apologize in advance as I know this kind of post has cropped up probably many times before but, if someone has some solid info toss up a link? :p

I'd keep an eye on the following page:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/eidos_all

They're bound to pop up there eventually.

Trinity34
1st Feb 2006, 19:34
I'd keep an eye on the following page:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/eidos_all

They're bound to pop up there eventually.

Cool... thanks @m. :)

WraithStar
1st Feb 2006, 19:56
I agree, DVD is better. Rather put in one disk than several anyday.

BTW, perhaps you can tell us if we will have to register Legend online or not?

I hope it's not online registration. I have dial-up to begin with, so that's annoying, and then on top of that I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a game that I might not be able to play a few years from now if the website isn't still up to allow me to install it :( That's why I didn't buy Half-Life 2.

On a more positive note, go DVD's, go! DVD's are so much better than CD's. :D

susan
1st Feb 2006, 20:08
Ok, so that's $15 for the DVD player + $49.99 for the game, equaling $64.99. I see your point. Let's hope a DVD player that cheap works. ;)LMAO! :D

Suzie, if you lived near me I'd lend you my PS2. :(

WraithStar
1st Feb 2006, 20:26
If the PC is old enough that it doesn't have a DVD drive, then it probably won't be able to run the game anyway.

suzieq51
2nd Feb 2006, 01:02
If the PC is old enough that it doesn't have a DVD drive, then it probably won't be able to run the game anyway.
You're absolutely right WraithStar! :D I'd have to do a very serious upgrade - bigger harddrive, new graphics card, DVD drive, etc., etc. Oh, what the hell, why not just trash what I've got (which incidentally is perfectly adequate for my needs) and buy a bigger, better, brighter, whiz-bang all new system? LOL no, don't think so, I really can't see the point.

Thank you all for your concern but I know my world won't come to an end just because I won't be amongst the first to play 'Legend'. :D

@ Susan: LOL thanks for your kind offer but I'm afraid I don't live anywhere near you. :D

SasaPisa
2nd Feb 2006, 01:08
Thanks @m, I'll keep an eye on that.

midroth
2nd Feb 2006, 01:17
April?
I want to believe...I want to believe...I want to believe... (http://209.197.86.65/19580222/themes/tv/XFiles.mid) :D

Joshorty
2nd Feb 2006, 07:01
I want to doubt the PSP release date will be in summer :mad: ...well, my bro just updraded our computer...everything runs smoother except it's laggy on next-gen type games like Fear and stuff...my gosh it'd take years again to upgrade. I'm just gonna go for the PSP/PS2 :D

WraithStar
2nd Feb 2006, 17:33
You're absolutely right WraithStar! :D I'd have to do a very serious upgrade - bigger harddrive, new graphics card, DVD drive, etc., etc. Oh, what the hell, why not just trash what I've got (which incidentally is perfectly adequate for my needs) and buy a bigger, better, brighter, whiz-bang all new system? LOL no, don't think so, I really can't see the point.

Thank you all for your concern but I know my world won't come to an end just because I won't be amongst the first to play 'Legend'. :D

Honestly, just wait for the demo to come out and see if it can run acceptably on your machine. If it can, then I'd say it's worth $20 to get a DVD-drive:)

suzieq51
2nd Feb 2006, 19:30
Yes, this is precisely what I was intending to do. ;)

Joshorty
2nd Feb 2006, 21:05
So much many for updagrade...I guess that explains why PC game prices are at leasy $10.00 (USD/CAD) less.

WraithStar
2nd Feb 2006, 21:16
The only PC games I've gotten so far that were cheaper (brand new) on PC than on consoles were games that didn't have any of the bonus materials that the console versions had. Games I've seen that were given equal treatment on PC and on consoles sold for the same price across the board.

Joshorty
2nd Feb 2006, 21:26
Not to mention the fact that Aod had no ending credits..sad...

Psychopompador
2nd Feb 2006, 22:32
Not to mention the fact that Aod had no ending credits..sad...

maybe they knew they shouldn't put their name on it... how many people want to take credit for making complete messes

Joshorty
2nd Feb 2006, 23:38
I don't think so...and the PS2 had credits... :confused: ...i dunno now