PDA

View Full Version : Legend will be my second TR after TR1...

Indy
30th Jan 2006, 10:29
is it so for any of you too? If so post here! :)

I see a lot of series fans who played them all, so I'd like to aks: which of the previous TR do you like the best (excluding TR1 & TRL)?

I've tried to form an opinion myself reading impressions but I always get mixed answers...

dhama
30th Jan 2006, 11:26
Well i've played all of them, but I have fondest memories of TR2. In my opinion it was the best of all the TR's. If you haven't played it, you are missing out. :cool:

carlo
30th Jan 2006, 12:38
Id played TR2 as a kid but found it very difficult. I picked it up again the other week and Im really enjoying it. All the backwards and forwards, find the lever find the door its great! Very long levels and you need to think to work them out! Also many timed doors like in venice with the speed boat! Never got passed that till last week! very good game!

WraithStar
30th Jan 2006, 13:55
I like TR3 the best because India and South Pacific rock :D I played it on the PC, though, where you can save anywhere. I heard that the save points in the PlayStation version make it extremely difficult, though, so beware.

carlo
30th Jan 2006, 15:10
Ive first played TR3 on PS1 and the save crystals was a great idea. You could collect them up and when you wanted to save you could use one of them and you could save anywhere you want. Better than unlimited save any-wheres!
Not sure if they were better than save points though? :confused:

Indy
30th Jan 2006, 15:33
From what I gather, TR3 and AoD are games where Lara is more like a James Bond... killing human spies and such.

Instead, TR4 is more true to the original spirit, where Lara, well, raids tombs.

What about TR2?

carlo
30th Jan 2006, 15:38
Not many tombs as such (if any, i dont think the great wall of china counts!) but none the less a great game. Mainly because of the level layouts. More like the original but most of the enemies were human.

WraithStar
30th Jan 2006, 18:36
Tomb Raider 3 isn't really James Bond stuff at all. I mean, you get trapped in Area 51 for a few levels, but that's not really spy stuff. I think you mean TR5, because TR5 is the one where Lara has a sniper rifle and chloroform and all of the other infiltration gear :rolleyes:

Honestly, now that I think about it, the two best levels of TR3 are available as demos for the PC. http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr3/demo.html

Just get the India demo and the South Pacific demo. Those are my favorite levels in the game. The other India and South Pacific levels are also very good, and so are a few of the Nevada levels. I didn't care much for the Nevada levels where Lara's captured, and I didn't care much for London or Antarctica.

Indy
30th Jan 2006, 18:57
Tomb Raider 3 isn't really James Bond stuff at all. I mean, you get trapped in Area 51 for a few levels, but that's not really spy stuff. I think you mean TR5, because TR5 is the one where Lara has a sniper rifle and chloroform and all of the other infiltration gear :rolleyes:

I meant TR3 Adventures of Lara Croft, but then again I based my assumptions mostly on screenshots, because as I said, I only played the first game.

Thanks for that demo link though... I usually get screwed with those, but this time there's even a demo for Mac. I'll give it a spin!

Sophia Leigh
30th Jan 2006, 21:23
Ive first played TR3 on PS1 and the save crystals was a great idea. You could collect them up and when you wanted to save you could use one of them and you could save anywhere you want. Better than unlimited save any-wheres!
Not sure if they were better than save points though? :confused:
I have to disagree, the game save chrystals made playing TR3 unbearable after playing TR2.