PDA

View Full Version : Fix: for the "freezing/lagging" issues ingame...

Cyborgmatt
29th Jan 2006, 20:32
I know alot of people have this problem (included myself) this was happening everytime a new sound/taunt/announcement etc was played ingame now this is only a temp solution/fix until hopefully Eidos patches/fixes the problem themselfs...

The temp fix does have the side effect of not been able to hear taunts and some other speech sounds but you can still hear all the ingame sounds from the ambient, guns etc.

1:- Open the dirctory in which you installed the game. (eg: C:\Program Files\Eidos\25 to Life)

2:- Once you're inside your directory find the folder named "data_dx", open it.

3:- You will now see another two folders and some other lose files, simply rename the folder named "stream" to something else eg: "steam1" etc.

4:- Now you've renamed the folder the taunts/speech files etc can no longer play ingame resulting in no lag, of course this is only a temp fix and at anytime you wish to hear the files again just rename the folder back to "stream".

Enjoy,

- Cyborgmatt.

420_Toasted
29th Jan 2006, 21:49
I found that if your using Nortons Internet Security 2005, disable the antivirus auto-protect. Just while playing. But leave Internet Security on. For some damn reason all of the .emt files bog down the antivirus.

0ddj0b
29th Jan 2006, 23:13
the taunts is the best part of the game. guess got to sacrafice that in order to play this game.

Cyborgmatt
30th Jan 2006, 06:24
I found that if your using Nortons Internet Security 2005, disable the antivirus auto-protect. Just while playing. But leave Internet Security on. For some damn reason all of the .emt files bog down the antivirus.

Norton AntiVirus 2005

To add an exclusion to Auto-Protect

1:- Open Norton AntiVirus.
2:- Click Options. If you see a menu, click Norton AntiVirus.
3:- On the left screen, click Auto-Protect > Exclusions.
4:- On the right screen, click New.
5:- Type the path to the file, folder, or drive that you want to exclude, or click the browse button and browse to and select the file, folder, or drive.

so for example enter you can try entering your 25 to life path, and I also recommend enter this follow entry in:

*.emt

I just tested it and the game runs alot better when using taunts etc so its actually playable now you will notice some slight lag still but nothing compared to the old lag you got.

Enjoy,

- Cyborgmatt.