PDA

View Full Version : Home of the Brave

star girl
29th Jan 2006, 16:10
Well, anyone in for laughs??? (By a fanfiction.net registered member *AKKON*).

Basically, a silly oneshot meant as a homage to TR2 & 3 fantastic training levels. NO plot, NO adventure, and very little happening at all. Originally part of a series about my three favourite characters doing what I imagine them to be best at: annoying the hell out of each other.

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. I don't own the location. And I don't own the US national anthem. Nor do I want to. (I'd like to own the pistols, but that's a different story...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What am I going to do with my cold, uneventful life, if not make yours hell?” Kurtis Trent, in Partners in Crime, by Acid-Rush.

With kind permission from its author.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOME OF THE BRAVE

When she hits the final yards, the invisible metronome in her head that’s controlling her progress starts running havoc with excitement. She is, she’s going to, she’s doing it, she’s finally beating herself!

She shoots a quick crooked smile at Winston, standing stiff and resigned in his combat attire at the edge of the field. Snatching the pistols off the tray while still running, bringing them up in mid-jump…

One, two, three, switch target, same again, one by one down they go as she advances, precise and lethal. Down goes her butler behind his amazing bulletproof tea tray. She’s never been that quick, that perfect before! Overcome with boldness, she even does a little curtsy before diving into the final sprint, a wild cry of triumph escaping her mouth as the flags go up. Victory…!

Or so she thought.

Mouth agape she stares, flabbergasted, her eyes darting from the flags to Winston’s horrified face and back to the offending sight, and for a moment the only sound in the garden is the merry flapping in the breeze of the proud stars ‘n’ stripes. And then, a loud crackle of static comes from the house, before unseen loudspeakers burst out in an apotheosis of sound.

“ Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?...”

She spins to face the house, murder written all over her face.

“KUUURTISS!” she screams, and Winston drops his tray.

By AKKON

Sophia Leigh
29th Jan 2006, 23:37
Thanks star girl, that was funny :D