PDA

View Full Version : Must Read:::: Petition To Eidos

nypdiddy
29th Jan 2006, 11:15
For This Company To Have The Balls To Allow Codebreaker To By Pass Dnas Is Pretty Screwed Up, And For Them To Release This Game With It Like That Is Even More Messed Up.... The First Day I Got The Game I Loved It... Day 2 The Cheating Began... I Think Its Pretty Pathetic That These Losers Actually Cheat Take The Fun Out Of The Game

Everyone Leave A Message For Eidos Letting Them Know How Upset That U Are Lets Make This A Long Ass Link Letting Them Konw How Messed Up They Are And How Disapointing This Game Is

Petition

Nypdiddy

Lets Make This An Ongoing Link Until The Problems Are Fixxed...otherwise They Are Gonna Lose All Of Our Business In The Future

Xcom
29th Jan 2006, 11:22
1. don't spam the forum with multiple threads.
2. something tells me they got the message by now.

Yo.MoMz
29th Jan 2006, 15:21
LoL ya the game is great but cheaters take away all the fun, its hard to find a game without one of em in there

marker227
29th Jan 2006, 16:43
For This Company To Have The Balls To Allow Codebreaker To By Pass Dnas Is Pretty Screwed Up

Look at the Xbox. You can mod that and the developers of it doesn't like that. Any console can be exploited by someone that comes up with a way and spreads the word. So Eidos is not in Fault about codebreakers.

nypdiddy
29th Jan 2006, 22:50
They Should Have Made Sure Before They Released It To Not Allow Code Breakers Just As Socom Does

marker227
30th Jan 2006, 02:02
Mistakes happen, no matter how many times you look it over. If they looked over the codebreakers problem, then maybe another problem would of been there. Were luck the game isn't even worse.

Dimebag.
30th Jan 2006, 06:18
They Should Have Made Sure Before They Released It To Not Allow Code Breakers Just As Socom Does

People still find ways to get on socum with it. I should know the last clan i was in all they did was cheat.. They would have infinite health.. They have websites on how to get online using cheats. pretty pathetic but people do it

Irreverence
30th Jan 2006, 12:21
Look at the Xbox. You can mod that and the developers of it doesn't like that. Any console can be exploited by someone that comes up with a way and spreads the word. So Eidos is not in Fault about codebreakers.
You can't cheat by having a modchip installed. In fact you can't even use it when playing online or you'll be banned from Xbox Live. Meaning you'll have to buy a whole new starter kit if you wanna play multiplayer again.

Eidos don't seem to give a ****. Don't even have a PR rep or something reply to these worries. You have to enter a menuscreen to chat. You can ****ing play a pirated copy of the game online. :| Connection problems. Cheaters everywhere. You can't even kick people. Wouldn't surprise me if people could distribute viruses through it. Did they even consider these issues before releasing it? Such a god damn budgetgame. And it's been in development for what? 2 years? :|

Mistakes happen, no matter how many times you look it over. If they looked over the codebreakers problem, then maybe another problem would of been there. Were luck the game isn't even worse.
Are you seriously trying to justify this shoddy piece of code?

marker227
30th Jan 2006, 22:04
You can't cheat by having a modchip installed. In fact you can't even use it when playing online or you'll be banned from Xbox Live. Meaning you'll have to buy a whole new starter kit if you wanna play multiplayer again.

Eidos don't seem to give a ****. Don't even have a PR rep or something reply to these worries. You have to enter a menuscreen to chat. You can ****ing play a pirated copy of the game online. :| Connection problems. Cheaters everywhere. You can't even kick people. Wouldn't surprise me if people could distribute viruses through it. Did they even consider these issues before releasing it? Such a god damn budgetgame. And it's been in development for what? 2 years? :|

That is odd that there isn't a vote/kick feature. But hey, it's the first series of the game and maybe they will improve along the way.

That's not 100% true about not being able to cheat on LIVE when using a modchip. The maps on the game can't be exploited. The ones you download can be. This happens all the time with the Halo 2 maps. My friend and I will get modded at least 4 times when using the maps we downloaded.

I don't know much about the code, but I do know that the developers have put a lot of time into it (aside that there are problems). Even if its not 100% in order, the game is just a game and can be fixed.

Eidos is listening to us because I have seen a few developers on this forum. If you really want them to hear you then we should all send a written letter to the board who designed the game. They also have specific hours that they work on the servers for us. That is helping.

erickonasis
30th Jan 2006, 22:11
I just wanna Know is there ANYTHING they can do about this ..this is a great game but the cheaters make this game unbearable

marker227
30th Jan 2006, 22:14
Yes, there probably is something Eidos can do about that problem. I don't know if they can help the console games that much because look at SOCOM I. That was never fixed. They just made another game and fixed the bugs. Possibly you will be able to update the PC version to prevent cheaters. I do know there are always going to be cheaters (on the pc at least) because the cheating programs always get more advanced so they can't be detected 100%.

619iLLaH
31st Jan 2006, 20:51
Edios the PS@ version has too many cheaters! Get a voting system or a new patch because you cant kill these lil code-punks!The game is great but the cheating is gonna drive away customers

Enigmajk
31st Jan 2006, 20:53

You can definatly get online with a modchip trust me its been done several times. I would know Ive seen people do it. How do you think people can play pirated copies? They copy the game using a special program then install a modchip.

marker227
31st Jan 2006, 20:56
You can definatly get online with a modchip trust me its been done several times.

Thank you for that.

Enigmajk
31st Jan 2006, 21:06
Thank you for that.
You're welcome!

All I've seen from this Ireverence person do is complain about how bad the game was coded or how bad the gamplay is, You want friggen gameplay go play Everquest. I on the other hand enjoy this game and I've learned to accept its flaws and keep playing.

Irreverence
1st Feb 2006, 01:51
Point still stands. Microsoft did and are doing something about it. Eidos aren't.

ir·rev·er·ent Audio pronunciation of "irreverent" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-rvr-nt)
adj.

1. Lacking or exhibiting a lack of reverence; disrespectful.
2. Critical of what is generally accepted or respected; satirical: irreverent humor.

All I've seen from this Ireverence person do is complain about how bad the game was coded or how bad the gamplay is,
Damn right! :cool:

You want friggen gameplay go play Everquest.
Errr..?

I on the other hand enjoy this game and I've learned to accept its flaws and keep playing.
Hah, accepting the (many and big) flaws doesn't make them go away.

*goes plays Battlefield 2*

marker227
1st Feb 2006, 02:28
Point still stands. Microsoft did and are doing something about it. Eidos aren't.

How do you know they aren't doing anything about it?

intrepid_soul
27th Feb 2006, 22:26

Microsoft is hardware and software manufacturer, Eidos is a software publisher. Microsoft can do something because they own their console, but even their doing something doesn't stop it completly. There are lame people that can't play without cheating, but the community usually takes care of them by not playing with them any more.

I know our community manager has been trying to verify cheaters the best he can, but unfortunaly banning people isn't a solution it just stalls them.