PDA

View Full Version : The future for the Parasite Eve series?

Mugen_Vtec
30th May 2012, 20:22
I loved PE1 and 2, but The 3rd Birthday was a slap in the face for long time PE fans. I mean, seriously? After waiting a decade, we have this PSP game that has Aya die at the end...that wasn't even the worse of it...the biggest slap in the face is that the main character was Eve the whole time. Eve wasn't the Aya we knew in PE1 and 2...and she shouldn't be. And the story, I don't even know where to begin. The story was so cluttered and incomprehensible especially at the ending. The story wasn't good at all. I want my biological science based PE series back, not something that's about time travel and such (Like FFXIII-2). Then again, there's that "secret ending" in T3B, which makes things even more confusing as to if Aya is really dead or not.

Because of the story, there's a lot of theories out there about the plot in T3B. Is it something like The Many Worlds Interpretation, in which there's different dimensions in reality, or was the whole thing dreamt up by Eve? The ingame dialogue and emails hints at both possibilites. But realistically, I think fans want T3B to just be a dream of Eve's in which nothing was real.

The game was fun, but the story was just a mess. I haven't lost hope yet....I want to see a full blown console experience with Aya as the main character, NOT Eve masquerading as Aya. I don't care what is done, but I just don't want to see that the T3B story has anything to do with any future installments of the PE series.

And I can firmly say, that I am not the only one that thinks this way..just browse through the forums at Gamefaqs: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-b... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday)

Honestly, I really like SQEX as a company, but I can't help but feel disappointed at some current offerings. Frankly, I think SQEX's western studios are doing a much better job than the Japanese HQ in terms of game writing and development.

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:20
It is rare when there is ABSOULTELY nothing I can add to a post.

Well done, sir/madam.

ShinGundam
30th May 2012, 21:46
Agreed, Even thought i liked T3B as a game. The story was too much fantasy and it should have been more realistic or even action.

Mugen_Vtec
30th May 2012, 22:04
Thanks guys :D, gald to see some support here :]. I hope we can get SQEX's attention so they make something that is worthy of being a part of the PE series. Personally, I want to see what Eidos Montreal can do, after their success with Deus Ex HR. Or Crystal Dynamics because the Tomb Raider reboot looks amazing so far too. Actually, come to think of it, SQEX's western studios seem to focus on more realistic themes, something that T3B really needed.

ShinGundam
30th May 2012, 22:15
While i don't mind it and i think Tomb raider looks great. I think JP studio manage better art, animation, music choice than western.

I don't think an Eidos PE game will have magic or transformation elements for example.

SilverArrow20XX
31st May 2012, 08:42
You forgot that they changed a likable character like Maeda into a perverted creeper.

I thought the story itself was written well enough (other than Maeda's unexplained character change). If you pay attention and read all of the logs, most things make sense. The ending really doesn't though. All Eve had to do was not shoot Aya. Then the Twisted would never have been created. She acts like she had no choice, but after wracking my mind on it for a long time, the given explanation just doesn't make any sense.

It was still a kick to the balls of the fans though. Fans have been wanting a third game for years, and when we finally get one, all of the returning characters are nothing like we knew and loved. The explanation for Aya? We waited all that time to play as her again, and not only did we not get to, but it turns out she's been dead since the start of the game and we're probably never going to. If they were going to kill of Aya, they should have done it after a game about Aya.

Mugen_Vtec
31st May 2012, 11:13
You forgot that they changed a likable character like Maeda into a perverted creeper.

I thought the story itself was written well enough (other than Maeda's unexplained character change). If you pay attention and read all of the logs, most things make sense. The ending really doesn't though. All Eve had to do was not shoot Aya. Then the Twisted would never have been created. She acts like she had no choice, but after wracking my mind on it for a long time, the given explanation just doesn't make any sense.

It was still a kick to the balls of the fans though. Fans have been wanting a third game for years, and when we finally get one, all of the returning characters are nothing like we knew and loved. The explanation for Aya? We waited all that time to play as her again, and not only did we not get to, but it turns out she's been dead since the start of the game and we're probably never going to. If they were going to kill of Aya, they should have done it after a game about Aya.

Ah yes, Maeda's change in character was way creepy. I mean...it was gross. I didn't like the story because of the lack of biological science element, in which PE1 and PE2 both had, but yeah, I could follow most of it (although there's some plot holes) until the ending. The ending was so utterly confusing, and adds lots of plot holes I might add. And Kyle.........I never liked him in PE2, I personally think it would have been more interesting if Kyle was the antagonist. But how in the world did he survive? He should have died after the shooting. And of course, the biggest question, why in the world was the SWAT team there anyway?

Yeah, the whole Eve being Aya part was a big kick in the balls. I mean, I was waiting to see "Aya" do something super badass, but it never happened, and her personality was obviously not Aya's. But yeah, it's sad to see the real Aya in like 5 minutes of the whole game in the ending. Not cool at all. But she did shoot Hyde *pew pew* like it's nothing and the headshot and the end. That was pretty cool....that's the Aya we all wanted to see.

member_10803141
31st May 2012, 18:20
I couldn't even stomach more then an hour or two into the game, and all these posts made me glad I only went that far.

I hope that one day, we will see a proper PE3 on a new gen system, and the world can just forget about this attrocity. The PE series was one of my long time favorites, still play both games at least once a year to this day

Mugen_Vtec
31st May 2012, 20:16
I couldn't even stomach more then an hour or two into the game, and all these posts made me glad I only went that far.

I hope that one day, we will see a proper PE3 on a new gen system, and the world can just forget about this attrocity. The PE series was one of my long time favorites, still play both games at least once a year to this day

Me too, I hope one day we get a proper sequel to PE2 on consoles. I personally don't even consider T3B canon...even though it probably is supposed to be. I see T3B as what Aya would have looked like and sounded like when she was in PE2, maybe PE1 since Aya had long hair back then. I guess I will only consider T3B canon if somehow the sequel to it fixes everything, I mean, EVERYTHING about the story. Yvonne Strahovski does a great job as Aya's VA though, I would love to see her reprise the role of Aya. But as for the PE series, it ended for me after PE2.

ShinGundam
31st May 2012, 22:01
T3B isn't canon or PE game as far as i know, it is simply new game in a new series originally for a mobile. It is still PE game to me even if i don't like the setting or NPCs thanks to the fact the game has alot of replayability, Unlockables, cheats , tons of weapons upgrade.

That said i hope someone inject this series with more RPGish elements, I want my magic and gunblade back. :(

Maybe we should open a Future Title Wishlist or something.

member_10803141
1st Jun 2012, 04:12
PE3 reveals that T3B was merely a dream inside a dream inside a dream.

MITOCHONDRINCEPTION

MagiusNecros
3rd Jun 2012, 19:53
I think I speak for everyone when I say Toriyama has successfully screwed up the PE franchise. As a PE fan T3B was an abomination. Game needs to be retconned.

Cpt_Coolerz
4th Jun 2012, 03:15
I've tried to be in denial about the story in T3B and trying to like it but after replayed PE and PE2 theres alot of things I dont understand, or havn't been said directly perhaps. Like I always wondered did they ever say how the Statue of Liberty was up again since it fell in the first game.

SilverArrow20XX
4th Jun 2012, 08:00
I've tried to be in denial about the story in T3B and trying to like it but after replayed PE and PE2 theres alot of things I dont understand, or havn't been said directly perhaps. Like I always wondered did they ever say how the Statue of Liberty was up again since it fell in the first game.

I'm assuming they simply rebuilt it. It's been like, 10 or 11 years.

Cpt_Coolerz
5th Jun 2012, 03:06
lol yeah it has been quite some time, duh stupid me http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

ZyzxxInfinity
8th Jun 2012, 22:49
The 3rd Birthday may have been good, but it was a sideplot and on the PSP only. I want to see if Square Enix has what it takes to drop their sellout tactics, go back to their Squaresoft roots, and revive some of the older games.

I wouldn't mind a Parasite Eve remake, but I'd much rather see a direct continuation of the series.

Post on here if you agree, and with any luck/hope, someone from Square Enix will take notice!

member_10178700
8th Jun 2012, 23:37
I'm with you dude! I've always been a fan of Parasite Eve.

An old SquareSOFT remake I REALLY want to see is Bushido Blade! Still to this day (IMHO) no swordplay fighting game can even compete with that.

YukiTsubaki
8th Jun 2012, 23:39
Here's another vote for a (good) third installment of Parasite Eve. The first one was fantastic!!!

Having said that, 3rd Birthday was better than I thought it would be. Very happy about that although my husband stole my PSP to play it!

member_10106331
8th Jun 2012, 23:52
I have'nt played 3rd Birthday,but a PARASITE EVE 3 would be awesome.Also, while we're at it,...VAGRANT STORY 2

member_10478113
8th Jun 2012, 23:54
My vote is for both a remake and a third installment. The third should be about eve following her sisters footsteps or something like that,and a remake of the first one would be awsome and fans would love to see it happen.

Mugen_Vtec
9th Jun 2012, 02:27
I would love to see the series continue..but I really did not like the story of T3B. It just wasn't a good story, and wrong on so many levels IMO. I just hope they continue the story, but fix everything about T3B's story and make it focused back on biological sciences, none of this time travel mumbo jumbo. I really want the T3B's story just to be a dream by Eve, and then the series can pretty much have a fresh start after PEII, pretty much negating all the events that have occured in T3B. That is my hope.

member_10000903
9th Jun 2012, 10:37
I thought T3B was alright and had its moments, but it is sort of a shadow of its former self without Sakaguchi around. I wouldn't mind Square Enix taking more risks and betting on original IPs more often and let Parasite Eve be an example of how things can work out for the better rather than just trying to make a sequel. Of course, I wouldn't be against a new one on a console. ;-)

Maybe a reboot is in order, as others have said?

ShinGundam
10th Jun 2012, 07:53
I thought T3B was alright and had its moments, but it is sort of a shadow of its former self without Sakaguchi around. I wouldn't mind Square Enix taking more risks and betting on original IPs more often and let Parasite Eve be an example of how things can work out for the better rather than just trying to make a sequel. Of course, I wouldn't be against a new one on a console. ;-)

Maybe a reboot is in order, as others have said?

I don't think Sakaguchi a one man can straight up anything because what i like about PE1 has been fading in terms of game design and world structure in the same way that happen now with any action adventure RPG with guns. Reboot is perfect to me because they can't deal anymore with aya's age.

Mugen_Vtec
11th Jun 2012, 12:55
Hm, I guess I wouldn't mind a reboot. But then again, it was the story that made PE1 so great. From what I gathered, SQEX lost the rights to use the actual "Parasite Eve" name and plot(?) from Hideaki Sena who wrote Parasite Eve, the novel. So I think that's a reason why they didn't use "Parasite Eve" in the title for what T3B was. So if a reboot happens, I have a feeling it may be really different from the PE1 we know...and it might not even be called Parasite Eve either. So I don't know how I feel about it. But if a reboot were to happen, I wanna see Aya kill Kyle, I hate that bastard.

Aya isn't that old, plus, she'll always look like she's 25 xD. But yeah, I can see that in the gaming world she isn't that young..I guess in that case, I would probably prefer a reboot to keep her in the series than have her hand down the reigns to Eve.

ShinGundam
11th Jun 2012, 16:46
Hm, I guess I wouldn't mind a reboot. But then again, it was the story that made PE1 so great. From what I gathered, SQEX lost the rights to use the actual "Parasite Eve" name and plot(?) from Hideaki Sena who wrote Parasite Eve, the novel. So I think that's a reason why they didn't use "Parasite Eve" in the title for what T3B was. So if a reboot happens, I have a feeling it may be really different from the PE1 we know...and it might not even be called Parasite Eve either. So I don't know how I feel about it. But if a reboot were to happen, I wanna see Aya kill Kyle, I hate that bastard.

Aya isn't that old, plus, she'll always look like she's 25 xD. But yeah, I can see that in the gaming world she isn't that young..I guess in that case, I would probably prefer a reboot to keep her in the series than have her hand down the reigns to Eve.

It was purely speculations and i don't think rights has any impact on T3B (or Parasite Eve as whole), I mean T3B used to be a mobile game had the same title. I don't mind a Reboot but i would be worried about gameplay, should the game be an RPG or survival horror or Shooter?

Mugen_Vtec
11th Jun 2012, 18:07
I personally would like to see some third person survival horror type of thing with some RPG elements. Sure, TPS have been done to death, but with the addition of mitochondria powers and in the surivival horror genre (that has pretty much ceased to exist these days for more action oriented TPS i.e. the current Resident Evil offerings), and the weapon customization, I think it would stand out from the crowd.

ShinGundam
11th Jun 2012, 20:10
I personally would like to see some third person survival horror type of thing with some RPG elements. Sure, TPS have been done to death, but with the addition of mitochondria powers and in the surivival horror genre (that has pretty much ceased to exist these days for more action oriented TPS i.e. the current Resident Evil offerings), and the weapon customization, I think it would stand out from the crowd.

Yeah, we don't have much of choice anymore and nobody stands up for the genre either. The problem is that modern shooter is pretty much an antithesis of survival horror and addition of multiplayer doesn't help. XD

member_10000903
11th Jun 2012, 23:16
Tomb Raider reminded me a lot of the survival thriller aspect. I'm not directly comparing the series to Parasite Eve, but it's a good way to satiate the appetite. If you want survival horror, there aren't a lot coming out of Japan worth getting excited about I suppose.

Mugen_Vtec
12th Jun 2012, 01:17
Tomb Raider reminded me a lot of the survival thriller aspect. I'm not directly comparing the series to Parasite Eve, but it's a good way to satiate the appetite. If you want survival horror, there aren't a lot coming out of Japan worth getting excited about I suppose.

Tomb Raider is looking VERY promising. I give massive props to Crystal Dynamics for revitilizing the franchise. Kinda curious if they were to take the reigns for the PE series, what kind of "new" life they would breathe into it. I honestly have no idea why Toriyama couldn't have written a straight forward story, not that convoluted piece of crap story he wrote for T3B. At this rate, I wish SQEX would give the PE franchise to their western developers, I think it would be in much better hands if they did. Plus, Nomura did say he wants the PE series to be more geared towards the western audience, what better way than giving it to their western developers that understand what the western audience wants. If that happens, SQEX can oversee the design aspect, but their western developer has full control over the story.

ShinGundam
12th Jun 2012, 08:08

Tomb Raider is looking VERY promising. I give massive props to Crystal Dynamics for revitilizing the franchise. Kinda curious if they were to take the reigns for the PE series, what kind of "new" life they would breathe into it. I honestly have no idea why Toriyama couldn't have written a straight forward story, not that convoluted piece of crap story he wrote for T3B. At this rate, I wish SQEX would give the PE franchise to their western developers, I think it would be in much better hands if they did. Plus, Nomura did say he wants the PE series to be more geared towards the western audience, what better way than giving it to their western developers that understand what the western audience wants. If that happens, SQEX can oversee the design aspect, but their western developer has full control over the story.

I understand where you're coming from, but i am not sure about it. The western shooters are pretty simple with very few types of enemies (usually gangs). I like shooters but not the one made by current western developers.

Mugen_Vtec
12th Jun 2012, 11:20

I understand where you're coming from, but i am not sure about it. The western shooters are pretty simple with very few types of enemies (usually gangs). I like shooters but not the one made by current western developers.

True..an example I can think of is Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City made by Slant Six. But I haven't really played any TPS made by western studios, so I can't say for certain about how "simple" they are...except for Uncharted, which isn't bad IMO. But something like RE: ORC does give me sort of a sense, but that's just one title. But believe that I more faith in SQEX's western development studios in making something great though, not something like RE:ORC. That being said, Slant Six just axed a quarter of it's employees this morning, so I guess that sort of speaks for itself. Anyway, I guess my biggest concern is the story. I DO NOT want the next installment of the PE story to be ruined again by some convoluted "Final Fantasy" like story, which clearly does not belong in the PE series. So the further the PE name is from SQEX's Japanese studio, the better it is I feel.

Mugen_Vtec
12th Jun 2012, 11:41
PE3 reveals that T3B was merely a dream inside a dream inside a dream.

MITOCHONDRINCEPTION

Honestly, that's what I would really hope for. That would make things right again. And there's times in the story that sort of alludes to it being a dream.

ZyzxxInfinity
14th Jun 2012, 20:15

Mugen, you hit the nail on the head.

I would love them to make a third and use the same (if not slightly "revised") gameplay style used for the first game. It was unique and just simply great.

And yes, the survival horror genre has practically withered away, and it'd be great to see them bring PE back and revitalize the genre!

ShinGundam
15th Jun 2012, 10:53

I would love them to make a third and use the same (if not slightly "revised") gameplay style used for the first game. It was unique and just simply great.

And yes, the survival horror genre has practically withered away, and it'd be great to see them bring PE back and revitalize the genre!

I like PE1 a lot but PE2 is way more developed in terms of gameplay and completely in real-time without any pause. I don't see any point of featuring an ATB or sectioned battles. What Square should take from PE1 is the worldmap, visitable locals, NPCs and side quests.

Mugen_Vtec
20th Jun 2012, 15:19

I like PE1 a lot but PE2 is way more developed in terms of gameplay and completely in real-time without any pause. I don't see any point of featuring an ATB or sectioned battles. What Square should take from PE1 is the worldmap, visitable locals, NPCs and side quests.

Yeah...the next installment should just be a TPS, but with all the other stuff I expressed before (survival horror, mito powers, weapon customization, and maybe some RPG elements like lvling up). However, what I really liked about PE1 and PE2 is that you can backtrack, and how the precinct was sorta like a hub, where you can go somewhere else, and in PE2, you can pretty much back track to that one town in the desert town that isn't coming to my mind at the moment. I would love to see a TPS that isn't a linear corridor shooter.

ShinGundam
22nd Jun 2012, 19:09

Yeah...the next installment should just be a TPS, but with all the other stuff I expressed before (survival horror, mito powers, weapon customization, and maybe some RPG elements like lvling up). However, what I really liked about PE1 and PE2 is that you can backtrack, and how the precinct was sorta like a hub, where you can go somewhere else, and in PE2, you can pretty much back track to that one town in the desert town that isn't coming to my mind at the moment. I would love to see a TPS that isn't a linear corridor shooter.

Are you sure you won't miss lock-on system :P ?

PE2 didn't have much of backtracking? Either way, TPSs these days are so barebone even Dirge of Cerberus but shame on them.

I need to replay PE1/PE2 sooner than later and open a wish list topic here

Mugen_Vtec
23rd Jun 2012, 11:43

PE2 didn't have much of backtracking? Either way, TPSs these days are so barebone even Dirge of Cerberus but shame on them.

You mean the auto targeting mechanics for the game play like in PE2 and T3B? Nah, I won't miss it, I rather have it totally manual for the aiming.

I thought PE2 had a lot of backtracking, especially in Dryfield itself, from Dryfield to the Shelter, and within the Neo Ark itself.

DoC...ugh, I don't know where to even start. That's what I would not like in a TPS. There was just something really off with the mechanics of it all. I don't know how skilled SQEX Japan is at making a full blown TPS nowadays.

ShinGundam
23rd Jun 2012, 21:41

You mean the auto targeting mechanics for the game play like in PE2 and T3B? Nah, I won't miss it, I rather have it totally manual for the aiming.

I thought PE2 had a lot of backtracking, especially in Dryfield itself, from Dryfield to the Shelter, and within the Neo Ark itself.

DoC...ugh, I don't know where to even start. That's what I would not like in a TPS. There was just something really off with the mechanics of it all. I don't know how skilled SQEX Japan is at making a full blown TPS nowadays.

DoC

I think PE1 have auto targeting too except some of monsters have multible weak points.

I just can't remember a lot of backtracking in PE2 very well my impression it was going from A to B.

DoC has that weird camera view that i a lot of JP devs still use for example Lost Planet and Assault Gunners.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuN4rN0f5M&t=3m... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuN4rN0f5M&t=3m0s)

IMO, I think Versus XIII might be a good demonstration of what a TPS+PE could be especially if they managed ability to fight or avoid a battle similar to KH series so i think SQEX can do it much better than western devs except of hitman team (stealth game with of trial and error gameplay ). I don't really think western devs can make a TPS nowadays either. TPSs are way too barebone and PE series is much more rich than any western TPS.

Mugen_Vtec
24th Jun 2012, 17:01
PE1 had mutilple targeting, but it wasn't for weak points I think. It was more to shoot parts of the enemy so that they won't attack you with that part..etc.

I personally remember a ton of backtracking in PE2, like some areas were locked in Dry Field, but then you get access to it after going somewhere else, and then you run back to the area again to open the door or something. Kind of like RE2/3. But I guess my whole point is, you can pretty much run from the Neo Ark all the way back to Dry Field if you wanted to.

Ew, I didn't like DoC's camera angle..seems very sloppy. I'd prefer the over the shoulder view that RE4 pioneered, which is the norm for TPS nowadays. I guess I'm just not that convinced as how SQEX Japan will handle a TPS because of DoC. But that was a long time ago, so yeah, we'll see how the TPS for Versus(the blond hair guy with the gun) turns out. I honestly haven't played much TPS from western developers except for the first Uncharted, and yes, the game play was kind of shallow. But, that game came out some years ago too. I mean, The Last of Us looks pretty amazing, and has some neat mechanics, and of course the new Tomb Raider looks awesome too. But yeah, I wouldn't want the next PE installment to be "barebones" I mean, I wouldn't care who makes it (SQEX Japan or their western developers here) as long as it isn't a "barebones" TPS, but most of all the story needs a lot of work...which I don't know if SQEX Japan can deliver after the abomination of a story T3B had. I might feel better if Toriyama is announced that he isn't touching the PE series from now on, but I'm not holding my breath.

omeganove
1st Jul 2012, 02:00
square enix where is Parasite Eve 3. I like the 3rd birthday but I was sad that Aya die. So I was hopeing If you do make Parasite Eve 3 will Aya be back in it.

omeganove
1st Jul 2012, 02:00
square enix where is Parasite Eve 3. I like the 3rd birthday but I was sad that Aya die. So I was hopeing If you do make Parasite Eve 3 will Aya be back in it.

member_10456505
1st Jul 2012, 18:02
I agree, but I hope if they do; they bring it to consoles.

Mugen_Vtec
2nd Jul 2012, 20:05
Aya dying at the end of T3B is pure BS. And why the **** does Kyle not die? I mean, that man comes back alive. Makes no friggin sense whatsoever. Why does an insignificant man like him gets to live, while Aya, the main character of the PE series die? The whole story is BS. And seriously, Aya's shattered soul gives rise to the twisted. Come on, what the crap is that? How does that even work. And what's with the SWAY team shooting them at the church? That was never explained either. Pure BS. There is no freaking excuse for a story to be this bad. I mean, leave the fantasy crap out of the Parasite Eve's universe, that belongs to something in FF. Parasite Eve is centered around biological sciences, with some scifi, not some magical fantasy stuff where they can overtake people's body and appearance.

I'm sorry about the rant, but I am really pissed off how the whole story of T3B was handled. It was supposed to be Aya's glorious return, but no. It was just Eve, and Aya had like 5 minutes of screen time and gets shot at the end. Seriously WTF.

Granted, I loved the atmosphere of T3B though. I love how it was set back in Manhattan, and during the winter, reminded me so much of PE1, and brought back good memories. Too bad the story was pure cow dung though. Yes, I'm still pissed off at it a year and half later. You don' t have fans waiting more than a decade for Aya's return, but screw them over with some crap story SQEX.

omeganove
2nd Jul 2012, 23:02
I agree, but I hope if they do; they bring it to consoles.

Me to

omeganove
2nd Jul 2012, 23:16
What taken Square Enix was long to make Parasite Eve 3. Comeon Square Enix we're all waiting

omeganove
13th Jul 2012, 08:26
if you make Parasite Eve 3 Square Enix make Aya Brea the main characters agin. I never want to see Aya Brea die agin. We all Love Aya Brea please,please Square Enix bring her back in Parasite Eve 3.

WorstBirthdayEver
13th Jul 2012, 18:43
Yeah.

Loved PE1. Didn't play PE2, but I watched it. It seemed fun to play, I just wasn't a fan of lack in variety of the levels. Wasn't too impressed with the story and soundtrack, either. I don't see how anyone could appreciate the climax of 3rd Birthday.

I'm hoping that Square would make a game that takes place between PE1 and PE2 (if not just right after PE2) in NYC again for home consoles IF they can afford it.

omeganove
15th Jul 2012, 10:18
Yeah.

Loved PE1. Didn't play PE2, but I watched it. It seemed fun to play, I just wasn't a fan of lack in variety of the levels. Wasn't too impressed with the story and soundtrack, either. I don't see how anyone could appreciate the climax of 3rd Birthday.

I'm hoping that Square would make a game that takes place between PE1 and PE2 (if not just right after PE2) in NYC again for home consoles IF they can afford it.

me to

omeganove
15th Jul 2012, 10:22
Yeah.

me to

I play Parasite Eve 2 It was cool

omeganove
16th Jul 2012, 22:05
I with Parasite Eve 3 make for PS3 Square enix. And I would like If Square enix make a US Movie Parasite Eve

omeganove
25th Jul 2012, 23:01
Ansewer me Square Enix why aren't you makeing Parasite Eve 3 all ready. Its all ready 2012 how long are you going to take we are all waiting

omeganove
27th Jul 2012, 17:51
You all think so to rigth. Its ben how long sent Square Enix make Parasite Eve. We are all ready for the next installment Parasite Eve 3.

Unlimax_SE
30th Jul 2012, 17:30
Square if you hear us ... Please , PLEASE make a Third game for the series !

True PE Fan ~ ?

omeganove
31st Jul 2012, 01:40
Square if you hear us ... Please , PLESAE make a Third a game for the series !

True PE Fan ~ ?

I think so to

omeganove
4th Aug 2012, 15:45
Square enix if you hear all Fan of Parasite Eve.We Fan want the next installment Parasite Eve.And we Fan want Aya Brea back. And we fan never want to see Aya Brea die never agin.

sleepyeyes
4th Aug 2012, 15:59
Square-Enix, you thought enough of the PE franchise to offer it as a PS One Classic title for the current-gen PS family, so PLEASE take that re-interest and interest and turn it into EXCITEMENT over a fresh, new Parasite Eve game, in full-on HD!

<<SIGNING PETITION>>

Mugen_Vtec
5th Aug 2012, 11:48
Square if you hear us ... Please , PLESAE make a Third a game for the series !

True PE Fan ~ ?

Yeah SQEX, see, we don't even consider T3B a real installment to the PE series because of the horrible story. I like this theory by SoraandRoxasFan (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=951987&topic=63602719&user=6183953) @ gamefaqs. Seems very plausible and 100000x better if T3B going to be considered a real entry in the PE series.

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-b... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/63602719/711620466)

"What if this game turns out to be a virtual reality experiment, designed to draw out and expand Eve's latent powers? I would assume that the "shadow organization" would have video surveillance of all of the events in the Shelter. Upon reviewing the videos, the remaining members of the organization realize that subjecting Eve to high levels of stress did not achieve the results they wanted. After seeing her interaction with Aya, they choose a more passive, subversive approach towards manipulating Eve to meet their goals: making Eve believe that her and Aya have achieved their "happily ever after" ending (similar to what the humans observed their world to be in the first "Matrix" movie). Until she met Aya, I assume Eve never had a positive experience in her life.

The kicker is Kyle, who played everyone because he still is involved with his unknown employer, the organization that is controlling everything behind the scenes. The first thing he did when he met Aya and Eve was to draw his gun on them. In subsequent encounters, he chose actions to make it seem as if he was "one of the good guys."

In reality, his true objectives are to win the trust of Eve and Aya (his actions in the Shelter indicate this), keep on eye on their movements (starting with surprising Eve and Aya at the museum), report everything to his superiors, and when the time is right, find a way to neutralize Aya and retrieve Eve. Each move he makes is calculated.

Once his objectives are accomplished, the organization creates a world real to Eve, but one that is carefully monitored by the organization, via the Overdive machine..

When I further think about it, the function of the Overdive device is similar to the helmet she wore in the Shelter--a means to control, monitor and perhaps amplify her power output. With the Overdive device, it is easier to monitor her vitals, which is something she mentions in the locker room, and determine what triggers/stressors would yield positive and negative results."

BlackZodiac
3rd Sep 2012, 11:56
Parasite Eve 3 on PS3 ^^

DragonRider54321
30th Sep 2012, 09:00
God I wish they would make a new parasite eve but with better enemies,NO time travel, Better PE abilities, and better bosses and weapons...

The last parasite eve i played was when I was a boy...

So http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif MAKE A NEW PARASITE EVE!!!!!!!!!!

omeganove
1st Oct 2012, 19:26
God I wish they would make a new parasite eve but with better enemies,NO time travel, Better PE abilities, and better bosses and weapons...

The last parasite eve i played was when I was a boy...

So MAKE A NEW PARASITE EVE!!!!!!!!!!

Me to

AiselnePN
1st Oct 2012, 19:44
Here's another vote for a Parasite Eve III. :)

To me, Parasite Eve is one of Squaresoft's best on PlayStation (One), and it saddens me that Square hasn't taken more advantage of this awesome series. I feared Square had abandoned the series altogether after Parasite Eve II, so you can imagine my joy upon The 3rd Birthday's release. I didn't even own a PSP until I heard Aya Brea would be making her long-awaited return on it. :D

The 3rd Birthday was great (one of my favorite PSP titles), but the original Parasite Eve for PS1 is my number-one of the series. A JRPG with creepy, survival horror-ish elements was brilliant for Parasite Eve's era, I think. It stood out from the more traditional medieval/fantasy-like JRPGs of its time, and to this day I haven't found a JRPG that exactly matches (never mind surpasses) Parasite Eve's mature, urban, sci-fi/horror style. It would be ideal if a Parasite Eve III could return the series to the roots that established itself back in the late nineties.

In short, if a Parasite Eve III ever materialized, I'd happily invest in it! :)

omeganove
1st Oct 2012, 20:10
Im sick of square enix not Listening to us. About makeing Parasite Eve 3 on the ps3 and I want Aya Brea back. what happen square enix to you I really wish you would go back to the old day went you where Squaressoft. If you where still Squaressoft you would had make Parasite Eve 3 all ready.

member_10740464
1st Oct 2012, 20:22
Oh yeah! here's my vote! ^_^ Thank you so much for posting such a thread, Zyzxx ^.^

"Parasite Eve" and "Parasite Eve II" are the best survival horror games I have ever played, each with unique plots, characters and gameplay styles ^_^ as for "The 3rd Birthday", it's the best action sci-fi game on the PSP to date! ^.^ and for those who complaining about how (different) "The 3rd Birthday" is, please remember that it's not considered as a sequel for the series ^_^ I mean, it's not called "Parasite Eve III", right? ^.^

Also, being a hardcore Square Enix fan for a very long time, I think that some of the classic titles such as "Vagrant Story" on PSone for example, should not have a remake on gaming consols today... ^_^ those classic games are belong to that era! ^.^ and by era, I mean my days back when I was a kid ^_^ but if you want it, "Vagrant Story" is available on PlayStation Network/Store ^.^

Man... I'm very proud being a hardcore Square Enix fan from history to present to future! ^.^

omeganove
18th Oct 2012, 00:05
I feel that square enix is still not listening to us about makeing Parasite Eve 3.

omeganove
21st Oct 2012, 21:19
what would you all thank if everything that happend in The 3rd Birthday don't happend like Aya Brea (http://na.square-enix.com/wiki/Aya_Brea) dieing. what would you all say that Aya Brea (http://na.square-enix.com/wiki/Aya_Brea) wasiidnap after parasite eve 2 then put in to a machine that make Illusion. the Illusion was The 3rd Birthday. so what do you all thank about this ideal. do you thank it a good ideal or no. do you thank square enix will listening to this ideal for parasite eve 3.

Philiotherealio
30th Oct 2012, 18:24
I would love a remake of the first and or a 3rd one that has gameplay of the first game. The first Parasite Eve is still one of my favorite RPG's of all time. In my opinion the horror setting gave a breath of fresh air to the RPG genre. Fantasy RPG's are dime a dozen, there needs to be more settings in the RPG genre.

sumanuel
2nd Dec 2012, 17:11
OH GOD! PLEASE SQUARE ENIX HEAR OUR BEGGINGS AND MAKE PARASITE EVE 3 OR A REMAKE OF PARASITE EVE 1 or 2. I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

member_10490826
4th Jan 2013, 14:50
OH YES absolutely. I actually heard there was a remake planned for PE1 entitled: PE: Rebirth for PS2 and Gamecube but was never made or finished back around 10 years ago.

handkershief99
18th Jan 2013, 22:13
Im hoping for both a remake and a third installment.

and if game producers continue this trend of stupidity and dont listen to the ppl that played theyre games in the 90's while there were still good games unlike FPS bull**** that xbox releases we should all put an economic embargo on the companys that dont comply.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

kratoscar2008
11th Feb 2013, 21:15
Please do it, PE 3 Birthday wasnt exactly the best way to continue the adventures of Aya Brea we need PE 3.

moooka
12th Feb 2013, 01:21
I don't hate T3B but I really hope we get one like the first PE! That was an all-time fav.

unversedheart
25th Feb 2013, 13:32
Personally being a newbie to the PE series and playing T3B, I found the gaming really enjoyable. The graphics were spellbinding and what really drew me in the most but I felt like the story line was lacking and half the time I had no idea what the hell was going on and after completing the game a few times I'm still very confused. I really liked the characters and have still not got to unlocking the alternate Lightning setting but I hope to eventually. But what I really want to know is that is it worth back tracking to PE I and II ?, as I still have my PS2 which I'm sure is backwards compatible.

Unlimax_SE
26th Feb 2013, 06:39
is it worth back tracking to PE I and II ?, as I still have my PS2 which I'm sure is backwards compatible.

100% .. and you should give them a try , Personally i think the original PE 1 game was amazing in terms of story , gameplay , Mechanics and Absolutely a breathtaking cinematic's .. it was an unforgetable experience i have ever live in the entire gaming industry and perfect in so many ways and i wish square make a new game with the same creative gameplay style .. it was much much better than PE2 and T3B .

moooka
27th Feb 2013, 03:12
Personally being a newbie to the PE series and playing T3B, I found the gaming really enjoyable. The graphics were spellbinding and what really drew me in the most but I felt like the story line was lacking and half the time I had no idea what the hell was going on and after completing the game a few times I'm still very confused. I really liked the characters and have still not got to unlocking the alternate Lightning setting but I hope to eventually. But what I really want to know is that is it worth back tracking to PE I and II ?, as I still have my PS2 which I'm sure is backwards compatible.

PE1 was amazing, PE2 was good although not better than PE1. I highly recommend them, especially the first one. PE1 is one of my all-time favs.

Sorceressvampire
5th Mar 2013, 19:10
I don't hate T3B but I really hope we get one like the first PE! That was an all-time fav.

Would love to see Square enix remake parasite eve 1,2 and add parasite eve third birthday as add or unlockable for PS3 system or up coming ps4

Crystal_Power
7th Mar 2013, 11:29
Oh I'd love if they made Parasite Eve III for the PS3 or PS4! It would sell better than The 3rd Birthday since it was on PSP and PS sales aren't that great. And please name the game Parassite Eve III and NOT The 3rd Birthday II...

Sorceressvampire
9th Mar 2013, 23:42
Okay then just Parasite 3 for ps3 or ps4 made good like new tomb raider game and I preorder it

Mugen_Vtec
20th Mar 2013, 00:22
^ But if you're a Resident Evil fan like I, you would love PE2. PE2 is pretty much almost a carbon copy of RE1-3 in terms of backtracking, puzzles, controls....except for the combat. But yeah, PE's story was better.

Mugen_Vtec
20th Mar 2013, 00:25
I can see PE being a survival horror genre in the SQEX library, something they do not have...And current survival horror offerings from other companies have been lackluster, they should take this opporunity to captialize on it...instead of wasting their time on games on mobile platforms.

moooka
20th Mar 2013, 06:18
Yes, actually I'm a big fan of the classic Resident Evil games. I noticed the Parasite Eve 2's similarity to them but I enjoyed PE1's plot a lot more.

destruction7
20th Mar 2013, 06:36
I think I speak for everyone when I say Toriyama has successfully screwed up the PE franchise. As a PE fan T3B was an abomination. Game needs to be retconned.

Parasite eve need reboot!

saintcraft
21st Mar 2013, 07:02
Please Square Enix

Make another game of Parasite Eve series!

There is a lot of people who doesnt want to play all the new generation games, because there are pure crap.

We loved those old games, the best videogames ever, PE and PE2.

Please, make a PE3

Tanks

Squall-Nathan
29th Mar 2013, 10:13
Wow. I just imagined Parasite Eve on next generation consoles. The graphics and gameplay could be amazing. They could even do a reboot or an HD remake. Square hasn't released a solid horror, rated M, game in awhile. The opening opera scene....please atleast release a tech demo of just that scene Square.

Unlimax_SE
29th Mar 2013, 10:59
^ THIS , Just imagine how the game looks when they remake it with the same gameplay style like PE1 and with more horror elements , and some explorations with your NYPD Cop Car in Open-world on New York city and .. just imagine looking at Melissa watching the city burn and filled with monsters while she's at the top of Statue of Liberty :D !

I NEED THAT TO HAPPEN .. This is so Creative and Innovative in the gaming industry ~

I really hope this happen ..

Unlimax_SE
29th Mar 2013, 18:43
For the love of Gaming .. don't let anyone touch PE or Aya brea games from now on without Takashi Tokita .. he is THE ONLY ONE who can save the Franchise !

We want it so bad on PS3 or PS4 .. No more Handhels please

member_10751449
29th Mar 2013, 20:48
For the love of Gaming .. don't let anyone touch PE or Aya brea games from now on without Takashi Tokita .. he is THE ONLY ONE who can save the Franchise !

We want it so bad on PS3 or PS4 .. No more Handhels please

Why "no more handhelds?" The quality of the title doesn't decrease. Not only that, but it is portable. If you don't do handheld gaming then you are missing out on a lot of great titles that are even better than home consoles.

Unlimax_SE
30th Mar 2013, 02:59
^ *facepalm* I knew this is gonna happen .. what about the PS3 and the PS4 and why not giving them a chance for PE to return into , and how about making a Vita port from the console version just to make you feel better !

We just don't want square to repeat the same mistake from The 3rd birthday ~

We just want this game to come on Consoles .. Parasite Eve on Consoles is something that we all been miss in the gaming industry in these days and That's what we all been asking for since ages so please don't ruin that !

30th Mar 2013, 06:54
I agree with you. Unlimax

but I doubt a staff who read this would contact SE japan and tell them something about this

member_10751449
30th Mar 2013, 09:07
^ *facepalm* I knew this is gonna happen .. what about the PS3 and the PS4 and why not giving them a chance for PE to return into , and how about making a Vita port from the console version just to make you feel better !

We just don't want square to repeat the same mistake from The 3rd birthday ~

We just want this game to come on Consoles .. Parasite Eve on Consoles is something that we all been miss in the gaming industry in these days and That's what we all been asking for since ages so please don't ruin that !

How did putting it on a handheld turn it into a mistake? Personally I don't care whether it is on home console or handhelds. I just never understood someone's thinking on this matter. For example, if you have only played KH1 and KH2 then you just missed out on the entire franchise. The handheld counter parts was just as good and I would recommend people to buy the appropriate handheld just to play them.

Also, maybe this is PE only chance of survival is on the handheld market. Alot of jrpgs this gen went to handhelds because they are able to thrive more. Anyways, I hope they make it for home console or/and even PC for you.

Unlimax_SE
30th Mar 2013, 11:03
I agree with you. Unlimax

but I doubt a staff who read this would contact SE japan and tell them something about this

I hope so , if you can hear us Square please do it , its for the best and alot of people and fans will be happy with that if the Original PE Style came back and Directed by Takashi Tokita :D

I know its too late to say that but i have to !

Hopefully they will buy the right at the same time from Hideaki Sena this time ~

---------------------------

AkeemCoffey

This isn't a JRPG in the first place to be included ONCE AGAIN on the handheld market , This is a "Pure Cinematic Survival horror RPG" and a title that didn't see the light of day since 2002 on Consoles and it has her own Fanbase just like other famous horror games including Resident Evil and Silent Hill which is highly recomended to be on the Console market with a High budget AAA title , I was really hoping for that to happen someday at the bottom of my heart when i finish PE1 and PE2 in its days , Who knows maybe this wish come true and maybe not but we are just hoping .

Give it a Shot ... Square

If you trust your own fans and trust the way that all the fans been asking for you might see the "Expected" becomes Unexpected :]

PARASITE EVE III ... make it happen !

omeganove
9th Apr 2013, 21:34
my realy geting sick of square enix not listen to us! were the HELL! is (Parasite Eve 3) 2013 how long are you going to wait.

member_10458795
25th Apr 2013, 06:22
Please bring back PE3 with Aye Bria... I loved that game so much, and even though I know everyone is desperate for Kingdom Hearts 3, I seriously always loved the biology science genetics in Parasite Eve... We've had so many Kingdom Heart spin-offs, and Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts are simply not enough, it will never be the same ><.

*sigh* Why does survival horror only have 1 game Resident Evil? There are so many countless FPS, Strategy and RPGs, you name it out there, but there's nothing for Survival Horror... Dino Crisis back on Playstation 1 was a great game, as was Parasite Eve 1 and 2... and now, all we have left is Resident Evil?? Seriously? We need Parasite Eve 3 so badly...

Although, I wish you'd have made one on Playstation 3, please make one now...

stonerjon
29th Apr 2013, 03:39
Bringing back the parisite eve on the ps4 would be epic. The monsters scared me as a kid on the ps1 like the transformations of eve or the rat and dog. Imagine the detail that could be put into the monsters on the ps4... if any of you seen the video for the ps4 reveal you know what im talking about.

The first had a very good storline and concept. If i was a developer i would be working off of that rather than making somthing like third birthday. Third birthday sucked imo... i stopped playing it soon after i started.

+1 for the petition but i will not buy if it has anthing to do, or is like third birthday

johnpaul.maranon.77
25th May 2013, 23:15
I HOPE AND I LOVE IF THEY MADE PARASITE EVE 3 THE 3rd BIRTHDAY EXPANSION OR CONTINUATION FOR PS3 AND PS4 CONSOLE AND I LOVE SQUARE ENIX. I ALSO PLAYED PARASITE EVE 1 AND 2 IN PLAYSTATION ONE .PARASITE EVE THE BEST RPG VIDEOGAME EVER.I HOPE IT WILL RELEASE THIS YEAR 2013 or 1st QUARTER OF YEAR 2014 I CAN`T WAIT AND I HOPE THE STORYLINE ENDING OF THE GAME WILL BE GREAT NOT LIKE THE 3RD BIRTHDAY ON PSP WAS UNCLEAR.I WISH YOU HAVE MADE ONE NOW FOR PS3 AND PS4.

MosconiDih
6th Jun 2013, 11:04
An excellent game like Parasite Eve needs a next-gen reboot and everybody deserves play this (PS3/PS4, XBox and PC). When I played in the first time in PS1 I fell in love. The history, the soundtrack (Oh God, the soundtrack is amazing) and the mistery... a perfect combination.
So please Square, do this for all of us, huge fans of this huge game.

sleepyeyes
6th Jun 2013, 12:26
Yes! I would pre-order and buy an HD remaster of the first 2 games, and I would definitely buy PE3! Whether it's a Tomb Raider-esque reboot or an actual sequel, PE3 is a fabulous idea, and one I hope SE seriously considers.

Unlimax_SE
7th Jun 2013, 10:08
I wonder .. Why can't square Bought the Parasite Eve III rights from the beginning Instead of wasting their budget over Thief or MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT !

Anyway .. Hope that won't distract them from making Parasite Eve III /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

lordjohnpaul.maranon
8th Jun 2013, 02:39
Please Square Please listen to all of Fans here.Make Parasite Eve 3 for all of Us And I am one of the Huge Fanatics of Parasite eve Game saga the game is Excellent and I love the music and soundtracks of Parasite Eve. Ive played it on PS1 both the 2 two storyline game of parasite eve and to me, Parasite Eve is one of the Squaresoft's or Square Enix best rpg game on PlayStation (One), and it saddens me that Square hasn't taken more advantage of this awesome game series. I feared Square had abandoned the series altogether after Parasite Eve II Events and they didnt release even on PS2 storyline continuation, so you can imagine that they released The 3rd Birthday's . I didn't even played on my PSP because my psp has been broken until I heard Aya Brea would be making her long-awaited return on it. but the storyline and ending of parasite eve 3rd birthday is unclear and muddled according to info of wikipedia. Please Square make Parasite 3 for all of Us in ps3,ps4,xbox and pc console..I HOPE IT WILL RELEASE THIS YEAR 2013 or 1st QUARTER OF YEAR 2014.

cosmonautcowboy
9th Jun 2013, 09:31
I wonder .. Why can't square Bought the Parasite Eve III rights from the beginning Instead of wasting their budget over Thief or MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT !

Anyway .. Hope that won't distract them from making Parasite Eve III

I get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't call Thief or any of their new efforts a waste. It's important for them to expand, and based on many of the comments I see on the forums here, that's not something the core fanbase agrees with. It seems like all anyone wants around here is more and more Final Fantasy!

lordjohnpaul.maranon
9th Jun 2013, 23:19
Please Square make Parasite Eve 3 storyline game for all of us as a huge fan of Parasite Eve game please release it on PS3,PS4,XBOX and PC post the cover if it is already going to release.

johnpaul.maranon.77
14th Jun 2013, 23:07
Parasite Eve 3 For Life I hope it will release this year or 1st quarter 2014 on PS3,PS4,Xbox and PC console and I love Square Im a Huge Fanatic of Parasite Eve.

cosmonautcowboy
15th Jun 2013, 15:13
Parasite Eve 3 For Life I hope it will release this year or 1st quarter 2014 on PS3,PS4,Xbox and PC console and I love Square Im a Huge Fanatic of Parasite Eve.

If anything were in the works it would have been at E3 last week. For now they seem to be sticking with what they know will make money: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts III.

sleepyeyes
15th Jun 2013, 19:20
For now they seem to be sticking with what they know will make money: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts III.

Yeah, I agree. It's kind of hard to be really sad about it without sounding whiny, because we're finally getting KH3 and Versus (sort of). But, let's keep this thread alive! I would be happy as a pig in poop if an HD remaster of PE1&2 were announced, with the possibility of a PE3 in 2015. More to the point, I would buy the game, as I am sure many others would also do.

BrokenH
17th Jun 2013, 00:53
I'm 100% for a Parasite eve III on the big consoles. Sorry if this comes in very late though.

lordjohnpaul.maranon
28th Jun 2013, 22:44
i hope the parasite eve 3 on Ps3,ps4,xbox and pc will have a good or great ending not like the 3rd birthday which has been described as unclear and muddled.according to the fanbase have complained about the storyline.

Cryojnik
2nd Jul 2013, 17:27
Sign me up. I'd preorder a preorder if someone announced PE3 was official

kirky
2nd Jul 2013, 19:10
I never had the privilege of playing PE1 due to not being UK PAL format, however, I did play PE2 so many times and over and over again as the replay was great!

Money is obviously an issue so how about remaking PE1 or PE2 as a tester to see what interest it generates, shouldn't be too hard to remake, obviously some tweaks required for graphics etc and then that way if it is still popular - start working on PE3!

Maybe liaise with Microsoft as this was never released on Xbox, they may be willing to help finance - you'd get a preorder from me for sure!

mike_ptbr
4th Jul 2013, 14:16
I support PE3 too.

IMO, PE1 has the best gameplay (perhaps because it's has many glitch to help :D ), PE2 has a perfect atmosphere with thriller, plus an excellent story, the difficulty of this game is just PERFECT, it's pretty much balanced, the music of those games is unforgivable.

T3B, was a good game but I wish that I could explore the map like PE1&PE2 (free world map).

IMO, PE3 with the camera of RE4 + horror + thriller + Free world Map, will be a good choice to revive the PE franchise.

I would love to see PE3 pass on Dryfield. *_*

IMO, SE should bring PE franchise to steam ( no doubt that it will sell alot), that way more people will know about the PE Series and then release a PE3.

OCGviper345
16th Aug 2013, 21:18
I agree, Although there was Pe/Pe2 I thought The Third Birthday had no releation to the first or second game, dont get me wrong it was good but it lacked alot of Aya's past History, Barely any powers, and a DNA system? the heck was that, I agree with the Idea of PE3 and since it wont have any Relation to 3rd Birthday Aya would no doubt be the main character of the game.

pe2fan
19th Aug 2013, 08:25
i hope there wil be a new game of pe : O

pe2fan
19th Aug 2013, 08:47
the first two games of parasite eve are one of the best horror classics out there.
I found that the story of T3B total fail compared to the first two games. they let out the best parts of it. it is not the survival horror game that we loved. I hope there will be a next game that the first two games are related to. what do you think? a Parasite eve 3? with a whole new kind of mutations and That the third birthday was a dream?

Argonreality
19th Oct 2013, 18:25
Gone through about 3-4 revisions for what I want to say, and i think i have it mostly: I'd like to see Kickstarters from Square-Enix for properties like Parasite Eve (and others) so they can see how many people want a sequel/remake. For difficulties like expired licenses and the like, just offer to let the fans partially fund the renewal as a stretch goal (not fully because that'd just be giving SE free money, but not needing to foot the entire bill if Hideaki Sena decides to charge more this time around should make it more attractive).

Identical but separate donation levels could be used to see if people would prefer PE1 controls, tank-controls like PE2 or 3rd Birthday controls (I prefer PE1 myself, haven't been able to buy/play 3rd Birthday yet). Maybe even give options via stretch goals like making the property essentially a 4 or 5 story arc "all-in-one game", starting with the events of the original novel, remaking PE1 & PE2 under the new game engine (maybe just use 3rd Birthday's engine with suitable upgrades/modifications?) and then the "main" game, which could even re-use some of the remade locations for parts of its content (If FFX-2 can be set in the same world and get to re-use things, why not other games?). Of course for the all-in-one concept you'd need to make the previous/prequel games either unlocked through minor efforts at the start of the main game (reading reports?) or just available in the main menu but not required to enjoy the main game.

Anybody else think it'd be even a remotely good idea?

cosmonautcowboy
27th Oct 2013, 22:37
They did announce "Collective," or whatever the crowd funding thing Square Enix is getting into, but it sounded like it was more for original IPs from indie developers. We'll find out more in the future.

From most of the comments I've seen here on the forum, it seems like many of us would be ok with keeping the gameplay of PE 1 & 2 the same, just updating to HD graphics. I know nothing about game programming, but it seems like that would be a relatively easy task, at least compared to a full on remake with all new mechanics and scenarios.

Keeping it simple like that, they could probably easily adapt the first two games to mobile devices, too, which seems to be a segment of the market SE is very interested in these days.

I suspect the real issue here is the actual "Parasite Eve" name, which probably has to be licensed from the author of the novel--hence the differences in The 3rd Birthday.

At any rate, I'd love to see a HD release with all three games. It seems like a sure thing critically, at least, but I guess you can never tell.

Unlimax_SE
28th Oct 2013, 10:58
You guys are seriously wasting your time , I don't think they will ever listen to their fans neither as if they want to make a new one they will probably make the game worse than the 3rd birthday and drop it on the mobile market in the worst cases .. its just sad seeing gaming companies following that root these days and trying way too hard to make money by taking away the game basics and drop it all over a sexual marketing tool , so sad they treats Aya brea like that recently worse than than it was before , Also PE2 Shower Scene was acceptable and this scene has a tense and fear in it .. I just hope Square Enix doesn't let Motomu Toriyama touch the next PE game like he did with T3B and let Takashi Tokita do his own job on the next game <3

killedbylober
29th Oct 2013, 11:53
I still remember the days playing the original Parasite Eve and crying a lot at the top of the Chrysler Building.
But then they came up with the Shower Scene, and it made me feel sick. Well, these fancy "sweets" widely used in other games don't work well in PE. And devs never realized? This can only make fans angry. Watch a fantastic shower scene when the whole world outside is going to fall apart? I could never understand this.
And T3B's story really sucks.
I would even prefer that eidos makes the next PE game, if SE is willing to make a new PE game.

Well, I should not come here to only express anger. I just want a great new Parasite Eve game or even an HD-remake is still ok for me, and my money is always ready.

Tsuko85
31st Oct 2013, 00:51
I still remember the days playing the original Parasite Eve and crying a lot at the top of the Chrysler Building.
But then they came up with the Shower Scene, and it made me feel sick. Well, these fancy "sweets" widely used in other games don't work well in PE. And devs never realized? This can only make fans angry. Watch a fantastic shower scene when the whole world outside is going to fall apart? I could never understand this.
I would even prefer that eidos makes the next PE game, if SE is willing to make a new PE game.

Well, I should not come here to only express anger. I just want a great new Parasite Eve game or even an HD-remake is still ok for me, and my money is always ready.

Too Bad Square Enix doesn't care what the Squaresoft fanbase wants....

Unlimax_SE
31st Oct 2013, 16:10
Too Bad Square Enix doesn't care what the Squaresoft fanbase wants....
And that's why I'm losing faith in gaming
its like gaming companies supports the Illuminati ( make easy money ) just to treats their fans like that .. no joke !

mettedu
4th Dec 2013, 02:54
I would love to see Square do a remake of these they were great games, they got good reviews and since Resident Evil does not seem to be panning out for Horror fans anymore Parasite Eve Remake would be awesome and sell like crazy especially with current gen graphics. Maybe if we got enough people together we could get square to pay attention.

Valice
9th Feb 2014, 17:10
I have'nt played 3rd Birthday,but a PARASITE EVE 3 would be awesome.Also, while we're at it,...VAGRANT STORY 2

Agreed!

hedmunky84
14th Aug 2014, 19:08
I just want remakes of PE 1 & 2, like what Capcom did with RE1. Re-Make em and release a physical disc with both games on it for PS4/PC/ and I suppose XB1 as well.

Unlimax_SE
20th Aug 2014, 20:11
when .. When .. WHEN !!! :mad2:

Theodor70941
11th Sep 2014, 08:55
They won't make another one since the 3rd birthday on PSP was a flop for them.

-Mikfail-
1st Oct 2014, 16:26
Whatever future PE has I hope it comes to PC along with its past titles. This franchise is a long time passion of mine & I think others may agree. Giving it new life on PC will help rebound this fanbase. In doing so players will take the games farther with modifications for more replayability as well.

Senketsu7
8th Oct 2014, 00:18
Honestly while T3B didnt have the awesome survival Horror aspects as the past 2 games and didnt delve to deeply into Ayas past that was set up in the other 2 game, I feel it was still a fun and good game both gameplay wise and story. And fans of the series would have no real problem understanding it, while it new fans can get a bit of an understanding from playing it alone. It was a fitting end to Aya and a great beginning to Eve as the new PE heroine, And T3B ending TOTALLY set Eve up for that! One thing I do wish though, was that T3B have "case" files that give you the basic plot of PE, and PE2. I think that alone would be all that is needed to connect PE, PE2, and T3B.

Senketsu7
8th Oct 2014, 00:20

I disagree, Aya is a beautiful character, and a shower scene never hurt anyone.

azureend
17th Oct 2014, 07:51
Indeed it did not, Senketsu. A bit of Aya never hurt anybody except for the Mitochondria beasts. I recently became a Parasite Eve believer when I started playing 2 the other day. I got one, and two on the PSN a year or two ago. I hadn't touched it because of life. I decided to try Parasite Eve 2 out of boredom. I was wowed by how awesome it was. It reminded me so much of RE, and the old Silent Hill a lot. I love a good horror game. The controls aren't great, and I don't find the monsters very threatening. The story was well written. The setting of Dryfield is lonely, and unsettling. Very mysterious in a Silent Hill way. I like Aya very much as a character. She's one of my new favorite horror genre girls along side Heather Mason, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield and Rebecca Chambers. Aya stole my heart with her dry wit, cuteness, and badassatude. Yes, I made up a word because that's how special she is.

I liked PE 1 despite playing little of it. I can't say much since I just started playing it. I was hyped about the Third Birthday until I started looking up videos for it. I expected subtle survival horror. And I got generic third person action game. It was nice to see Aya in better graphics. She's twice as sexy here. Yet, there is something very off about this game... All of this just reeks of...someone we all know. That's when I saw there was a Lightning costume. Toriyama helped in this game, I know it. He's the guy who makes the not so great Final Fantasies. I liked XIII a bit. I thought it was iffy in comparison to the older ones. XIII-2 was okay. I liked it because Lightning wasn't the main character. LR made me like Lightning more, strangely. I don't like the time mechanics much. I could give a lecture on why I don't like that mechanic.

Anyways, this is about Parasite Eve and our lovely Agent Aya Brea. I don't like how the T3B turned out. In fact, I think Parasite Eve deserves much better. Aya Brea deserves to not go out this way. Square Enix, I know you're reading this. I want Parasite Eve to get some good treatment. I want a reboot handled by Crystal Dynamics, or a remake with redone graphics. I'm not asking for super high polished PS4 graphics. I want the graphics the FF X-X-2 Remaster has. I don't have high standards. Just give me high end PS2, and we're fine. I'll give you the money, and you gimme my Aya. Is that a fair deal, Mr. Shinra?

KaiKupo
8th Sep 2015, 09:37
I would like to see another Parasite Eve title on the works please. I can see it have potential as to rival with capcom with the "resident evil" franchise, except PE has no zombies only mitochondria creatures (its still similar biohazard activity). A horror game with rpg elements like the first 2 predecessors games but with new current gen graphics and voice dialogue. Please make it happen

Harnet99
24th Oct 2015, 23:45
SQUARE ENIX, please Remake Parasite Eve 2 or Parasite Eve 3 next gen for PS4! Parasite Eve is amazing game for me and i have buy PE2 on PS3 with PSN. For info please, if something is going around Parasite Eve. Sorry for the grammar, I'm from Czech Republic.

iJezabella
6th Jan 2016, 05:42
I just wanted to stop by here, make one post and vanish into the air.

First of all, I'm Canadian but I live in the UK these days, so I knew about Parasite Eve 1. When I actually moved here the guy I was living with had quite a few games, I glance over, have a look at the collection, I see Parasite Eve 2. I'm just thinking. Yeah I already have this in my bags, I turn around and ask him,

"Hey, you have Parasite Eve 2 here, what about Parasite Eve, the first one", to that he replies "There isn't a first one is there", Obviously then I grab my bag and do some digging through my games that I brought with me and pull out Parasite Eve 1, He responds with "AH, what, No, we certainly didn't have this over here",

Obviously I thought that was a lie so I did some searching online and indeed, it was true, Europe got Parasite Eve 2 and not Parasite Eve 1. What kind of decision is that? It makes me think that Square never really wanted the franchise to be a success. But that can't be true so for whatever the reasons are people in Europe only have like half of the franchise and that has an impact on sales for the future.

They had a chance with PSN to unleash it on Europe, once again, Elected not to do so. But Parasite Eve 2 is once again.. Available on the store, WHY? what is this taboo with Parasite Eve 1 and Europe?

So yeah my now husband has now played the game, absolutely enjoyed it and happy to have a copy of what a game company never delivered. I on the other hand while lived in a country where I could get it, I'm still absolutely horrified that a franchise wasn't given a chance worldwide.

With that said, it now needs a remake, or at the very least a cheap remaster released to THE WORLD. Not two areas, Everyone. Parasite Eve deserves a chance at success, Something Square have made a mess of every step of the way with this franchise.

Plus with almost 20 years gone People are older, some are new into gaming, some are only maybe just aware that The Third Birthday exists. It's time for the entire franchise to be reborn.

Just look at Capcom for your inspiration Square... They are rolling out remasters, remakes and whatever and have turned a non profitable company into something big, Capcom returned from the dead. Innovating new games only leads to mostly disappointment, Kane and Lynch says Hi. (Note I like Kane and Lynch, seems no one else does.)

But yeah, just use logic, use sense, look at all the other game companies cashing in off remasters, reboots, remakes, and whatever and get on that bandwagon already. You are doing FF7.. Which I actually think you missed the boat in 2006 on that one, but better late than never, get on to it already.

GaryDouglas
13th Jan 2016, 13:31
I registered to add my voice to the vote. Parasite Eve 1 and 2 were both awesome games with a compelling story, of which we've yet to see the end (PE2 had major sequel hooks that have been unanswered). I have played PE2 since it came out way back in 2000. I finished it more times than I can count and I still love it. The music, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the different endings, the fact that you could use Parasite Energy... The replay value of these games was astounding.
I just hope that Square hasn't forgotten the PE franchise. When I saw the Aya Brea poster in the FF7 PS4 remake trailer my peg leg shot off in excitement.
Nothing else to do for us but hope Square listens to the fans.

Oh, and buy a gun or two while yer at it!

Mitochondrialreborn
11th May 2016, 23:46
Petition for ParasiteEve4 for PS4 - [Mitochondrial Reborn] I'm working hard on a petition to convince software house Square Enix to return to work on this saga and to create a Parasite Eve 4. The petition will be in english, but also in italian, spanish, french and german, in order to maximize the efficiency of the petition. Tumblr blog, facebook page and twitter page(it will allow to obtain "signatures" via retwitts of fan of the petition at Square Enix) will born soon. I also talk about this project with major italian sites of Square Enix information and with many other facebook pages/groups of the saga and many of them gave me support. Spread the word as more as you can!!!!

Mitochondrialreborn
21st Nov 2017, 01:45
Hi, I create a project petition in order to convince Square Enix to take back PE saga. If you are interested you can go to twitter page, petition page and facebook page. You may sign it via Change.org petition in https://t.co/do5keEv9zs and retweeting its tweet here https://twitter.com/ParasiteEve_4/st...48634983731205. More retweets, than more signs. New email is Mitochondrialreborn@gmail.com.
If this petition will be saw by Square probably they will made remastered of the saga. So, help us and spread the world! The petition is also in Japan in order to be more efficient!