PDA

View Full Version : PC-Various problems and issues

0ddj0b
23rd Jan 2006, 22:44
Whenever I go to My Clan and try to edit the member part of it, I will always get booted out of the game and get the ttl.exe error. It completely shuts down and there is no way of editing my clan due to the crashes.

The lag is also bad. What's with all the high ping servers out there? The average ping that I see is around the 200's. Will there be dedicated servers that can have ping around 30-100? It gets so bad that its impossible to play the game.

Aside from the usual "failed to report statistics", "ttl.exe error", "Session Inconsistent Invalid agent [0x6c120f5] in slot 0", there are weird things about the game. For example when playing WAR, why do the law and criminals spawn so close together? They should be as far away as possible at the start of the round.

In the map Villas, if you start from the criminal side, to your left there are a bunch of bushes. If you get a sniper rifle you can look through giving yourself excellent cover and u can snipe through the bush with ease. A glitch that should be fixed.

Communication in multiplayer is important. The job of it is pretty half-assed. Hitting the esc button just to talk in game is getting quite annoying. Also why doesn't have the option to have team only chat? It's important so you can talk stratedgy with your clan members and what not. This game is only all talk. It also need an easier way to type. Binding the "y" buttton for all talk and "u" button for team talk is what this game needs. Using mics should be implemented in this game rather than using a 3rd party sofware.

The game that could. Got a long way till things can get better. Maybe in the expansion this game can get a bit better.

Beach Head
26th Jan 2006, 19:23
Is the XBOX version any better?

SnoopG
29th Jan 2006, 22:13
yep same for me*QUOTE* Whenever I go to My Clan and try to edit the member part of it, I will always get booted out of the game and get the ttl.exe error. It completely shuts down and there is no way of editing my clan due to the crashes.
im sick of the bs if there gona bring out a game y not do it proper and update instead of making it halfassed like they have.., apart from tht the stats are ok ... but still very inconsictant. :mad: :mad: :mad: not wht i was hopeing for sorry but only my opinion.

0ddj0b
29th Jan 2006, 23:06
Also add the cheating on multiplayer as well. I'm amazed you guys can put out a game like this.

GhettoGospel
31st Jan 2006, 23:51
Lmao the bush glitch SHHHHH i use it all the time and i just figured out that nades don't kill hackers now what a *****.... :mad:

0ddj0b
1st Feb 2006, 09:18
another glitch that should brought to your attention. If you get flashed, or tear gased, to much smoke, I found that while pressing the key that shows your score, the effects of the flash and etc is no longer there, until you release the key. ANOTHER GLITCH THAT YOU NEED TO FIX.

Wesker
2nd Feb 2006, 01:00
100's of problems

0ddj0b
2nd Feb 2006, 06:34
found yet another glitch. the map south of the border. right next to the market, there is opening where you can get inside the wall and shoot people from it.

OldstyleHxC
2nd Feb 2006, 09:21
Cant Tag Villas ... i need to tag those walls lol ! :p

Tekila_Shot_BMX
2nd Feb 2006, 17:11
Is the XBOX version any better?

i think it is, i been playing for awhile and i havent seen any cheatres yet... well we played this clan yesetrday and they shot us once and we died right away, we empied clips on them and never died!!! that was my 1st cheating experience... i was wondering, if a patch comes out, will i be able to use it on my xbox???

[WM]Murda
2nd Feb 2006, 19:23
ok, anybody figure out why its crashes when you click on "My Clan". I read that it might be because of using a No-CD crack which I was using. So I put the original exe back and used the CD, still does the same thing.

SlatheDoomer
2nd Feb 2006, 20:13
Another rare glitch. If two players spawn on the same spawn one player is bumped below the map, thus killing him.

Eidos needs to patch this game....bad. That is a given. Another thing they might consider is releasing a map editor of some sort or an SDK. The only chance this game will survive in the long run is through user created content.

Otherwise I do not see this game lasting into 2007...it will die by summer maybe autumn unless Eidos takes action.

dlkxsgb
3rd Feb 2006, 10:56
modding and mapping is indeed requiered. is there nothing possible at the moment???

we should start a worldwide petiton inorder to rescue 25 ...
apropos petition. anyone knows postal2?the engine looks very equal to 25 to life,.

Irreverence
3rd Feb 2006, 14:56
Nice job 0ddj0b. Eidos should've hired you for their nonexistant QA department. :cool:

Seriously, did they even ******* test the game?

420_Toasted
3rd Feb 2006, 16:01
Hey I found a pic of their QA department...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6179/qc5nk.th.png (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=qc5nk.png)

dlkxsgb
3rd Feb 2006, 16:47
yeah these apes! Cmon EIDOS!

0ddj0b
3rd Feb 2006, 21:50
If they did test there game, they did a piss poor performance on doing so. There is so many things that they missed out on putting into this game for multiplayer.

EC_KING
3rd Feb 2006, 22:51
i just got the pc version, i found a store that had it in stock. I also get the TTX file error thing when i go to the SEARCH match, i see the matches then bam, it goes out. not sure if cause of lag. i tried it about 530pmEST, there might be alot of players getting on at this time. I'll keep trying. 1 more system to go, XBOX. I just need to get some graphics off the pc version to use at 25tl.com. cya ltr

EC_KING
4th Feb 2006, 00:13
yea i just got on, no problems. i didn't play long, just wanted to test the connection. So everythnig seems fine on my end. :thumbsup:

jscagnetti
13th Feb 2006, 04:24
Murda']ok, anybody figure out why its crashes when you click on "My Clan". I read that it might be because of using a No-CD crack which I was using. So I put the original exe back and used the CD, still does the same thing.

I was having the same problem. I got rid of the NO-DVD crack and put back the original TTL.exe and it started working fine. I dunno.

spikey
13th Aug 2006, 01:21
Hi anyone have a codec for the ttl.exe error i downloaded one same problem or how to I switch it to the new one please someone reply asap thanx