PDA

View Full Version : Please update your DNAS system.

UnLuCkY
23rd Jan 2006, 13:54
Please update your DNAS system. Code Breakers work online. If you want some kind of proof, I can surely get you some. If this isnt fixed, the online community will be ruined forever even once you get the servers fixed.

Names of some cheaters :

2-HIGH-2-DIE : http://stats.25tolife.com/viewPlayer/?plfm=PS2&uid=40220
YOU_CANT_WIN : http://stats.25tolife.com/viewPlayer/?plfm=PS2&uid=46035
AKA_EAGLE : http://stats.25tolife.com/viewPlayer/?plfm=PS2&uid=49584

Discuss and post names of people who cheat.

Enigmajk
23rd Jan 2006, 15:19
I found a website where they discuss different codebreaker cods and gs codes some of them have gotten even past the DNAS system using infinate ammo, health the abilty to glide, etc. It amazes me what some people do with their life like hacking a game.

Mike_B
23rd Jan 2006, 16:13
I found a website where they discuss different codebreaker cods and gs codes some of them have gotten even past the DNAS system using infinate ammo, health the abilty to glide, etc. It amazes me what some people do with their life like hacking a game.

You might want to send a mail to Eidos, so they might be able to do something about it :)

Imprisoned
23rd Jan 2006, 20:33
I agree! I haven't played against anyone who has cheated I know of.But AKA_EAGLE for example his/her stats 4327- 20 -1- 216.350 .995 .No way anyone is good enough to have 4327 kills and only 20 deaths.I don't believe the best online shooter gamer ever,could post those numbers.No question they cheated!

50cent_imposter
23rd Jan 2006, 21:53
apparently cheating isnt on top of Eidos' top priority.... that and the constant disconnect problems everyone is having...

Eidos marketing strategy

Step 1.Come up with a game that will have every mom in america whining and complaining about the game and how its inappropriate for their 7yr old. Yea for good parenting! Those parents get an F!

Step 2. Delay the game every other month till its close to a year PAST its original release date. And in the mean time, dont do any beta testing for online play. DONT expand the game, making the story line and missions longer, but make the game annoyingly impossible on hard and OMFG! settings. DONT double check DNAS security for cheaters. DONT fix the servers so that account information is easier and faster to check. DONT fix the servers so that they are more stable, even AOL in the 90s had a better connection than this game!

Step 3. Come out with a patch thats completely useless in all regards when the game is released.

Step 4. Release the game at a cheaper retail price so that units sold vs. profit gain is more important.

Step 5. Sit back and watch the thousands of users complain cause you came out with a half made product.

Step 6. 6 months later fix a random problem.

Step 6 + 2 months after... Say that the game isnt selling enough and stop technical support and all online support. So the users are screwed with buggy servers and hordes of cheaters cause they cant have no skill.

Step 7. A year later repeat the process with 25 to Life: Chapter 2

Mike_B
23rd Jan 2006, 22:03
Careful people we have someone who has studied marketing and knows the internal kithen of Eidos on our boards.

UnLuCkY
23rd Jan 2006, 23:14
Anyone from EIDOS hear this, please fix DNAS.

rawdawg
24th Jan 2006, 09:30
Okay Hopefully Someone Will Important Will Catch This. Some Of Yout Top 10 Players Are Currently Using Something For They Do Not Die. I Was Playing With #4 Ranked Briggs And He Went Through A Whole Game Without Dieing Bullets Would Not Harm Him . It Was Obvious That He Was Using A Game Shark Or Something. Anyways Im Hoping This Is Noted And Delt Wit Soon. I Like The Game And Dont Wanna Leave Cause Of It. Thanks

ShyTown
24th Jan 2006, 10:17
Yup...I doubt they can't do anything about it since the cheaters already know how to bypass the DNAS.

rawdawg
24th Jan 2006, 10:29
yeah but its about time to see people go down for this just look at there ranks it obvious or maybe have player undercover catching these peeps and getting them delt with... that would be the best way to go

UnLuCkY
24th Jan 2006, 13:15
Yup...I doubt they can't do anything about it since the cheaters already know how to bypass the DNAS.

no they can only bypass the current dnas system that eidos has out which is old, they need to update it to the most current system

50cent_imposter
24th Jan 2006, 15:29
well they better do it soon.. last night i was in a game and us cops were kicking the criminals butt like 2 games in a row by like 40 points. then all of a sudden one of their guys stopped dying and just stood there killing us as we tried to get out of the spawn. making most of us leave the room.... stupid cheaters

UnLuCkY
24th Jan 2006, 17:20
yup .. i could go to my current gamestop store ..but i like to play the game the way it is supposed to n that is why i have gotten into the top 10 legitly ..

HaDeS
24th Jan 2006, 17:29
ive played with atleast 5 cheaters already, all of them culdnt die with a gun, had to be a nade, this 1 guy had auto raptor/tazer.. eidos if u dont update this game will be dead in a week .

UnLuCkY
24th Jan 2006, 18:07
ive played with atleast 5 cheaters already, all of them culdnt die with a gun, had to be a nade, this 1 guy had auto raptor/tazer.. eidos if u dont update ur **** this game will be dead in a week .

im not sure i could be wrong .. but they made so much money on release i dont think it would make a difference $$$ wise if this game went dead in a week

BaddBoi
25th Jan 2006, 01:34
apparently cheating isnt on top of Eidos' top priority.... that and the constant disconnect problems everyone is having...

Eidos marketing strategy

Step 1.Come up with a game that will have every mom in america whining and complaining about the game and how its inappropriate for their 7yr old. Yea for good parenting! Those parents get an F!

Step 2. Delay the game every other month till its close to a year PAST its original release date. And in the mean time, dont do any beta testing for online play. DONT expand the game, making the story line and missions longer, but make the game annoyingly impossible on hard and OMFG! settings. DONT double check DNAS security for cheaters. DONT fix the servers so that account information is easier and faster to check. DONT fix the servers so that they are more stable, even AOL in the 90s had a better connection than this game!

Step 3. Come out with a patch thats completely useless in all regards when the game is released.

Step 4. Release the game at a cheaper retail price so that units sold vs. profit gain is more important.

Step 5. Sit back and watch the thousands of users complain cause you came out with a half made product.

Step 6. 6 months later fix a random problem.

Step 6 + 2 months after... Say that the game isnt selling enough and stop technical support and all online support. So the users are screwed with buggy servers and hordes of cheaters cause they cant have no skill.

Step 7. A year later repeat the process with 25 to Life: Chapter 2

Lol thats HaLaRiOus :D :D :D

But seriously, i hope Edios doesnt try 2 skrew us ova and 4 get about all they loyal fans.They need to put the monies they earned 2 good use and fix the problems they created.I havnt even played it yet(but i own it)but from wat i hear,i dont think i want 2.

Circa
25th Jan 2006, 01:49
Dnas is not used for cheat detection its used to prevent people from playing backup copys of the game online, although u can patch he dnas disk id and still go right online.

What prevents ppl from cheating on socom 2 and socom3 is the fact that game game has some protection that prevents it be launched from another game ie swap magic/gameshark/codebreaker/action replay,i belive its called Soft booting.

also the socom 2 patchs are what prevented the cheating for a very long time patching the game and moveing the actual address of the game to new places will render codes un-useable, Tho still there are ways to dump the games scus/slus after the patch has been added and then rehack codes.

whats needed: one good patch to prevent the current cheaters from continuing to cheat this maybe only a temporary fix because as i stated above ppl can easily obtain an after patch dumped scus/slus

ST34LTH
25th Jan 2006, 03:59
wow now it's cheaters i just played with one it's wack... your servers still aren't fixed but they are doable... and now these cheaters my list of prioritys 1.cheaters 2. make the servers perfect... at least we can play for a decent amount.... man try punkbuster idk if u guys can get it but b4 every game u go in it's an anticheat load.... but maybe that's only for dedicated servers ie bf2... somehow fix it

UnLuCkY
25th Jan 2006, 04:17
Dnas is not used for cheat detection its used to prevent people from playing backup copys of the game online, although u can patch he dnas disk id and still go right online.

What prevents ppl from cheating on socom 2 and socom3 is the fact that game game has some protection that prevents it be launched from another game ie swap magic/gameshark/codebreaker/action replay,i belive its called Soft booting.

also the socom 2 patchs are what prevented the cheating for a very long time patching the game and moveing the actual address of the game to new places will render codes un-useable, Tho still there are ways to dump the games scus/slus after the patch has been added and then rehack codes.

whats needed: one good patch to prevent the current cheaters from continuing to cheat this maybe only a temporary fix because as i stated above ppl can easily obtain an after patch dumped scus/slus

Actually you are wrong.

DNAS scans ur system to make sure it is the original PS2 hardware and nothing more.

So it basically scans for bootlegs / cheats / and other mods.

J-Hood
25th Jan 2006, 04:28
Some might not cheat intentionally. Last game no one could kill me or make me lose health and I could kill them. (If its possible I'd like to submit this glitch because its too easy to do and once its out im sure every1 will starting acting dumb and do it.)

UnLuCkY
25th Jan 2006, 04:36
Some might not cheat intentionally. Last game no one could kill me or make me lose health and I could kill them. (If its possible I'd like to submit this glitch because its too easy to do and once its out im sure every1 will starting acting dumb and do it.)

nvm this .. J-Hood .. read ur pms

UnLuCkY
25th Jan 2006, 07:13
This game is falling fast, and it shouldn't.

This game is one of the greatest I've played in a while, and to see it fall like it is now is very disappointing. The cops vs gangster theme was great, the guns and way you set it up was great, the music was great, the customization was great, and every thing else was great. This game is meant to last a long time, but it will most likely die in a month or so. I wish it wouldn't, but I have to believe it won't last much longer.

WHY :

1. Cheaters, how can a game be delayed for so long not even have an updated DNAS server to protect against hackors/cheaters? They ruin the game, and they take away the fun. We just want to play the right way and build our rank up to the top, but with cheaters that won't be happening. I am not sure if this is your fault or someone elses, but this needs to be taken care of NOW before it gets much worse. It is honestly becoming to the point where I am thinking about buying a code breaker for myself to use.

2. Servers.

Eidos, this is all we ask of you. Help us out with the 2 requests we ask, and watch the praise you will receive.

Thanks. Discuss.

Mike_B
25th Jan 2006, 10:14
What is it with everyone needing to start their own thread about something that has already been said use the existing ones and add your opinion there.

Thanks