PDA

View Full Version : I need Help with my Video Card

BaddBoi
22nd Jan 2006, 02:13
I have a Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller,i already updated it and it doents have Transform & Lighting,Vertex Shader ,or Pixel Shader.I installed the game but it wont start. It just goes to a black screen and cuts off.I think it has to do with the graphics controller but not sure. I went to the Intel(r) website and got this:

"Intel® graphics products do not have hardware support for T&L. In most games, transform and lighting calculations can be performed on the processor with acceptable performance. A small number of games that specifically check for hardware T&L support may fail to run."

Is there a way to get the Transform & Lighting,Vertex Shader ,and Pixel Shader from downloading it,or another way around this???????

:) :) Plz help me Thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :) :)

KillaKid
22nd Jan 2006, 02:31
1 - You do not have a video card.

2 - Buy a video card and it will fix the problem then probably xD

BaddBoi
22nd Jan 2006, 03:29
I do have a video card:Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Problem=Unsloved

Thx 4 tryna help

Tec-9
22nd Jan 2006, 04:54
Is this what you got http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/sb/cs-009072.htm not much of a video card, all i can suggest is to buy a new one http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=48

KillaKid
22nd Jan 2006, 06:03
Thats not a video card.

Video Controllers with my knowledge means it runs off your motherboard, just like motherboard sound, and that's not a video card.

That's an onboard chip.

BaddBoi
22nd Jan 2006, 06:33
Ohhh my badd,ok so theres no possible way to just download a Transform & Lighting,Vertex Shader ,and Pixel Shader,or must i buy a Video card?I find it rediculious 2 have to buy a whole nother piece just to play a game.Thx 4 ur help

Clumsyorchid
22nd Jan 2006, 08:40
Even though it's onboard, it's still a vid card. Not a great card, but still usable. You'll probably want to pick up a new card if you plan on playing any new games though. What you are asking to change is a hardware feature, not a software feature.

BaddBoi
22nd Jan 2006, 09:31
:mad: Hot damn it,i was afraid of that,owell i guess i wil just have to cough up another 40-50 bucks :mad:

mannn this better b worht it :o :o

KillaKid
22nd Jan 2006, 21:09
more like another $100+ for a video card.

But in the end its worth it.

Most games require video cards now days anyway, and you shouldn't just buy the cheapest one out at the moment, because soon that card will not be accetpable by anything.

BUy a decent video card, it might be like $200 but it's worth it in the long wrong.

Check www.newegg.com and www.amazon.com for great/decent video cards for cheap prices.

froogle.com might help to

BaddBoi
23rd Jan 2006, 02:00
Also,i wanna know do all vid cards work with any type of computer cuz i hav a gateway thats like 3 years old, and are add-in cards the same as video cards?:confused: