PDA

View Full Version : Eidos - Please Improve The Following

connmen
19th Jan 2006, 21:42
Let's make a real list of items that we'd like to see improved in the game.

Maybe some of these are server-end, or can be fixed via patch.

My List:
1. People not Fist-Closed (Greened-Up) are left out of the game if the host force-starts. This sucks. They should be kept in the game.

2. More information outside the game what type of game it is. Could not find a non-respawn game. Is this because none exists?

3. Better interface to find games online. Probably can't be fixed. A lobby system, like SOCOM, would be great.

4. Characters could afford to move a tad quicker. But not too quick. Probably unlikely to change.

5. Ability to join a re-spawn game in the middle. Or this could be host configured. Doubt this could be added.

Add your own suggestions.

slimSiN
19th Jan 2006, 22:13

My List:
1. People not Fist-Closed (Greened-Up) are left out of the game if the host force-starts. This sucks. They should be kept in the game.

2. More information outside the game what type of game it is. Could not find a non-respawn game. Is this because none exists?

3. Better interface to find games online. Probably can't be fixed. A lobby system, like SOCOM, would be great.

4. Characters could afford to move a tad quicker. But not too quick. Probably unlikely to change.

5. Ability to join a re-spawn game in the middle. Or this could be host configured. Doubt this could be added.

great list.

You should also be able to change weapons between deaths. Being stuck with the same weapon throughout one game sucks.

Players do move very slow, it would be nice if they were sped up a little.

Fix servers.

Eidos had a great game concept, but it feels like they really half-assed the online features. There isnt even a lobby..

SiLENT NiTE
19th Jan 2006, 22:37
My two issues are not moving fast enough and the servers.

connmen
19th Jan 2006, 22:48
Servers we know they can fix.

Anybody with any programming knowledge know if they can speed up the movement?

sweepnict
19th Jan 2006, 22:51

My List:

Correct me if I am wrong can a patch be downloaded onto our consoles? This has been done before for xboxes for glitches more maps etc..

I dislike entering a room.. you cannot see the whole room untill you are inside. I ve been killed plenty of times because I did not see someone because of the view.

Have a spped "turbo" to run and it will run out but charge up after awhile like on amercias army.

like said about being able to join a game in progress... I hate waiting 8 minutes to join a game full of people...

Can future updates be downloaded to our consoles? "patches"? Thanks!!!!! I still love this game and it can only get better!!!

JayDago
19th Jan 2006, 23:35
Well for one...the damn game needs a way to talk to teammates in game (PC)
*a lobby would be nice as someone already said

yes about the weapons changing that needs to be done...being stuck with a sniper rifle all round isnt my idea of fun.

(this is kinda random but...)Whats with the rocket launcher having to take two rockets to kill someone EVEN IF YOU MAKE THEM EAT IT i mean come on...

Also...when a criminal uses a hostage shield it basically doesnt mean anything online, theyll just blow them and you away, i think if an officer kills the hostage thats being used as a shield it should take a kill away(sounds minor but to some people it will make them think twice).

There should be some form of speed burst with stamina, that would be nice

MORE STATS...I myself love stats, so i think they should eventually implement some stat chart like : headshots, accuracy, killing sprees..whatever just something more then kills/deaths/points so it keeps some peoples interests longer

aaaaand that about does it...i probably could think of more but those came to mind first

later

CurSivE
20th Jan 2006, 03:09
I agree with everything mentioned for the most part. But I do have something to add.

I don't know if it is just bad luck for me or not, but it seems the stat system is a little messed up. I have many more kills and deaths than I acctually have, recorded on my stats.

Like I said, I don't know if it is just me having bad luck, but it would be nice if it was fixed, if it is more than me having this issue.

connmen
20th Jan 2006, 03:27
No, the stats are definitely a bit off.

My stats indicate I have a few sniper kills (DEFINITELY NOT) and that I have zero MVPs (which I definitely have one in a ranked room).

This definitely could be fixed.

#1_Hustler
20th Jan 2006, 06:18
yea also if they could try to fix all the times i get booted back to the start up screen. also yea the need to fix the disconnects and stuff but i think that with one or a couple of patches this game can be fixed up good

sweepnict
20th Jan 2006, 07:20
Oh yea why does it take so long XBOX version to LOAD into the start menu? When I insert the game turn on my xbox I watch the loading the the graffitti being sprayed then it goes to the game? Is that just me or for everyone?

#1_Hustler
20th Jan 2006, 19:28
yea that happen to me on ps2 too i think thats normal

DRTY
22nd Jan 2006, 16:21
If you want to run faster I switch to melee weapon and you will notice you move quicker.

Improve this
1: Server stability
2: switch guns during game
3: some way to defend against tear gas!
4: a melee weapon that can be fired by criminals like the zapper for the cops.
5: adding a prone position (lying down)
6: adding a flip and roll move to somewhat get out of line of fire quickly.
7: adding the name of the player you are watching when waiting to enter game.

thats my list! I truly expect the servers to be fixed so i wont nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and complain and gripe and complain somemore..... lol

Bang out :cool:

tonycash
22nd Jan 2006, 16:36

My List:

My only problem is with the difficulty of joining the games and the disconections...like i said before ...it needs to be easier to join in without diconections. like i play for about 5 minutes then I get disconected then, takes about 20 minutes to find a room that doesn't say join game failure then, if i'm lucky i'll go thru the ready up countdown before i get disconected again.....

tonycash
22nd Jan 2006, 16:38
If you want to run faster I switch to melee weapon and you will notice you move quicker.

Improve this
1: Server stability
2: switch guns during game
3: some way to defend against tear gas!
4: a melee weapon that can be fired by criminals like the zapper for the cops.
5: adding a prone position (lying down)
6: adding a flip and roll move to somewhat get out of line of fire quickly.
7: adding the name of the player you are watching when waiting to enter game.

thats my list! I truly expect the servers to be fixed so i wont nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and complain and gripe and complain somemore..... lol

Bang out :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

blazinpnoy
22nd Jan 2006, 18:40
Also, I found it annoying that I was booted when I was entering a room and I had to find games again. If this could be resolved, it would be useful - if you got booted from a room - to come back to the same list of games you started with. Therefore, from there, you could just use the refresh button to refresh the games. Because just finding games takes about 2 - 3 minutes. Other than that, I think everybody else got down what's needed.

Edit: Haha, tonycash had the general sense up above 2 posts from mine :D

ST34LTH
22nd Jan 2006, 21:31
no prone cuz all people would do is flow on the ground like bf2.... and do they really in the hood like this game is set up for just lie down in a battle i doubt it leave the prone out but the duck and roll would be tight

DRTY
22nd Jan 2006, 23:01
Maybe your right but i was thinking maybe if prone only lasted for 5 seconds or something like that. But trust me people go prone when bullets are being fired. I dont care how tough they are. I live in NYC and in real life people hit the triangle button outside the club on a Saturday night... lol

sad but true

but i get your point, i just want a few more ways to evade bullets so i wouldnt have to die just to get a kill or 2 or 3.

50cent_imposter
23rd Jan 2006, 22:14
it would be great if they fixed the servers so you can find games and stay connected longer than 1 game.... that would satisfy me :thumbsup: