PDA

View Full Version : What platforms are you getting Legend on?

gingerspice+tombobsessed
19th Jan 2006, 16:12
I'm gonna get mine on PS2 and PC so I can see the differences. I'm also getting the strategy guide so I can get a nice poster and when it comes out for PSP I'm getting that one too. So I'm saving about $200 for TR: Legend but it's DEFENITELY WORTH IT! :D

TRaiderGurl
19th Jan 2006, 16:42
Well as crappy as the new XBox 360 is sounding, I'll save my money for the PS3. But yeah, I'm getting it for the PS2.

Oh, and I wouldnt buy 2 games...it just doesn't make any sense to me. Buy one, then borrow or rent the other if you just want to see the differences.

WraithStar
19th Jan 2006, 17:50
Oh, and I wouldnt buy 2 games...it just doesn't make any sense to me. Buy one, then borrow or rent the other if you just want to see the differences.

Indeed. I've already pre-ordered it for PC.

uzigirl
19th Jan 2006, 18:05
I'll be pre-ordering it from play.com shortly for the PS2 version. :thumbsup:

Perhaps later on in the year I will get the PC version too.

susan
19th Jan 2006, 18:22
Well as crappy as the new XBox 360 is sounding, I'll save my money for the PS3. But yeah, I'm getting it for the PS2.
Yeah I'm not buying an Xbox 360 until I see how good the PS3 is first.

For Legend, I'll get the PS2 version.

yesrushdt
19th Jan 2006, 18:25
I'm definitely going to be getting the Xbox 360 version as it appears to be graphically superior to the other versions.

susan
19th Jan 2006, 18:50
That does look pretty splendid, yesrushdt. :thumbsup: :D

BloodRayne
19th Jan 2006, 20:17
yah same as me. i'm getting it for the XBOX 360 for the graphics! so awsome. and i really love that pic thats in the sig up there!...the water looks sweet LOL

Joshorty
19th Jan 2006, 22:03
Okay it 's a good thing someone brought up this post 'cause I'm having major difficulties in on deciding what version of TR Legend to get! I'm aware that PC can look DARN better although sometimes people don't have all PC requirements and sometimes, bugs happens and you may have to go through hours fixin' up right settings for your computer :confused: .

Come to think of it, which version of games would normally have bette sound quality? Anyone help!

I want to get both the PS2 and PSP (for they have something special connectivity between each other :D ) and once PS3 comes out, I'll trade in the PS2 version for the PS3 I guess. It kinda makes sense.

dragonhunter
19th Jan 2006, 22:31
I am going to get it for PC.

Laraman
19th Jan 2006, 22:55
PS2, PSP and PC :)

I'd also get it on Xbox and X360 if I had the consoles :P

dragonhunter
19th Jan 2006, 23:00
I am hopefully getting a new computer soon. Because i need it, im going into the graphic arts field. My current PC is old and definitely will not be able to support TR:Legend.

That said, i plan to get a new PC soon. Get TR:Legend and an Xbox 360 controller that they make for PC, and get my TR:Legend game on. :cool:

SasaPisa
20th Jan 2006, 01:39
Ughh, I'll happily applaud the graphical power of the next gen consoles but I can't help but cringe out of reflex. Pc's open up such possibilties with games like TR.

I wholly see the advantages of racing games, fighting games, and to a certain extant FPS games on consoles...besides, consoles are where the moneys at.
But, I hope cross platform compatibility doesn't/hasn't chewed up too many resources that might have/should have went into development tools for the mod community as well as high end scalability.

If the game ships with a level editor I think you console types may be doing yourselves an diservice. God please ship with mod tools *crosses fingers*

So, I hope it sells well on the consoles. We all want this to be a success for the franchise. On the other hand if you have a strong pc you may find more longevity with the pc version.

Oh, yea...buying it for the pc :p

TRaiderGurl
20th Jan 2006, 03:54
I have just heard that the XBox 360 has a lot of glitches and bugs, and I wouldn't want to risk missing Legend cause of it.

I think that Sony wanted to wait to release the PS3 cause they knew 360 wouldn't be a big hit. Sony is going to be raking in the money when PS3 comes out. But that's just my opinion.

Legendary Lara Croft
20th Jan 2006, 03:57
PC as always :D

LizzyMM
20th Jan 2006, 04:51
I will be getting Legend and the guide book for PS2! Probably from EBGames.

ZXcorr
20th Jan 2006, 13:51
I'll get the PS2 version...

WraithStar
20th Jan 2006, 22:56
I have just heard that the XBox 360 has a lot of glitches and bugs, and I wouldn't want to risk missing Legend cause of it.

I think that Sony wanted to wait to release the PS3 cause they knew 360 wouldn't be a big hit. Sony is going to be raking in the money when PS3 comes out. But that's just my opinion.

I heard that Microsoft thought that PS2 sold so well against Xbox because the PS2 came out first, so Microsoft rushed the Xbox 360 out to beat PS3. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems to make sense. I was talking to a game store clerk the other day and he said tons of people have pre-ordered the PS3 because they saw what happened with the Xbox 360 and they were afraid that they wouldn't get one if they waited, so I'd agree that Sony's going to make a lot of money. Personally, I hope that PS2 gets really cheap when PS3 comes out because I don't want to pay that much for a console, but I do want to play some of the games that haven't been released for PC.

Mangar The Dark
21st Jan 2006, 04:57
Most likely the Xbox.
I would have gotten the gotten the PC version, as I did for all the other games in the series, but there's no way my PC is up to the technical requirements anymore, so I'm really glad Eidos is releasing an Xbox version this time!

But here's the bigger question--
If "Legend" comes out in the spring, and "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey" comes out in the spring... how the hell can I decide which to buy??!! Talk about contrary timing! Right now, I'm leaning towards Dreamfall, but it's going to be a tough call.

Rose662
21st Jan 2006, 07:41
Only on the PC. :thumbsup:

Sophia Leigh
21st Jan 2006, 10:26
PC & PS2, don't know which first yet though :thumbsup:

Mangar The Dark
21st Jan 2006, 16:05
I'm gonna get mine on PS2 and PC so I can see the differences. I'm also getting the strategy guide so I can get a nice poster and when it comes out for PSP I'm getting that one too. So I'm saving about $200 for TR: Legend but it's DEFENITELY WORTH IT! :D

"Definitely worth it"? That's some incredible optimism!! I've never played ANY game worth $200 (and keep in mind, we're talking about a game none of us have even played yet! "Definitely" seems like a very strong word under the circumstances.)

But, really, you might want to listen to TRaiderGurl-- there's no sense in buying it for more than one system. The differences will be minimal. The PC version will undoubtedly have better graphics (higher resolution, better textures), and maybe the controls will differ slightly, but that's about it. I'm almost certain the levels, puzzles, fights, music, etc, will be the same for both systems, so you'll probably be disappointed if you're expecting anything more.

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 01:47
Well, there is actually sense in buying more then one system in this game for the PSP and PS2 has a VERY SPECIAL connectivity between each other.

One of the users in gamespot found this when I checked it out:
http://www.laracroftonline.com/cgi-bin/news/read.asp?newsID=55

It was an interesting find :p . The screens for the PSP are amazing!

There was also another interesting article I spotted in gamespot, a guy gave a link to http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=49803.com

:eek: o ya and I also want to point out something I forgot to say:

Aren't the FMVquality (if there is gonna be any FMVs) on PCs also worst as the consoles, even if the gameplay graphics can always be better then the consoles? :confused: From the past PC titles of Tomb Raider, the FMV qualitys were always poor - even Aod (was the UK PC versoin like this? 'cause it's in a DVD-ROM and the U/C is in PC-CDR 2-disc). I'm always not satisfied with FMV qualitys on PC. Consoles always have DVD-lookin' quality.

And did they happen to mention anything about screen aspect ratio's of the game? I think that's important for people who has a widescreen TV for sure. They wouldn't want to see a 4:3 stretched LAra :eek: . At least there should be options. I currently own a 4:3 TV and yeah...Widescreen is always the best. Although I found the PSP screenshots were similar to the gameplay footage of where LAra had to cross through crumbling rocks and stuffs. Ir was ZOOMED in ! :eek: o well...

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 02:22
I will be getting Legend and the guide book for PS2! Probably from EBGames.

O great! :eek: I forgot about that! Looks like I'll have to save up more money...or just be that type of gamer, playin' on its own. There should be a special price like 'buy the game and the guide' kinda thing...they do that in EB games now do they?

Mangar The Dark
22nd Jan 2006, 15:27
I must be the cheapest bastard on here! Aside from not understanding why people would want the game for multiple systems, I never understood buying a guide book either. First of all, buying the guide book at the same time as you buy the game is like saying, "I'm not even going to ATTEMPT to figure this out on my own." Doesn't most of the fun in a game like TR come from the exploration and puzzle solving? If you have a book that tells you exactly where to go and what needs to be done, why play the game? Also, how do you know you'll NEED the guidebook? What if the game turns out to be relatively simple?

And these days if you really get stuck at a certain point, you can always find free walkthroughs all over the internet, so doesn't that make the guidebook a bit redundant?

I know I'm definitely in the minority on this, because companies still sell guidebooks, but I'm really curious about why people still buy them. Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely curious. Is it more for the sake of being a collector?

Laraman
22nd Jan 2006, 16:04
I would buy the guidebook at the same time as the game, just because I'm a collector. (Plus it's always handy if I've been stuck for a long while and sometimes give some extra information on the game and characters.)

So personally, I only buy it 'cause I'm a collector :)

Oh, and your question about the guide being redundant. In games, when I was stuck at points, there was many a time when I looked up the internet and couldn't find out what to do. There either was no walkthrough or the person writing a walkthrough hadn't managed to get to the point where I was.

And as for multiple platforms - collector as well. Plus, I want to experience the game in as many different ways as possible - on my main console, with the best graphics and as little (as in size of screen, not enjoyment) as possible :D

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 17:31
I must be the cheapest bastard on here! Aside from not understanding why people would want the game for multiple systems, I never understood buying a guide book either. First of all, buying the guide book at the same time as you buy the game is like saying, "I'm not even going to ATTEMPT to figure this out on my own." Doesn't most of the fun in a game like TR come from the exploration and puzzle solving? If you have a book that tells you exactly where to go and what needs to be done, why play the game? Also, how do you know you'll NEED the guidebook? What if the game turns out to be relatively simple?

And these days if you really get stuck at a certain point, you can always find free walkthroughs all over the internet, so doesn't that make the guidebook a bit redundant?

I know I'm definitely in the minority on this, because companies still sell guidebooks, but I'm really curious about why people still buy them. Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely curious. Is it more for the sake of being a collector?

WEll, for me I prefer getting official products of everthing - -even when there are free sources (not to say they're bad ofcourse). And since I'm a fan of Tomb Raider, I'm crazy enough to buy them.

About the explorations part, I undesand that too, for that'd be a true gamer/a true Tomb Raider I guess :rolleyes: . But I only use the guidebook whenever I'm on the road to review tstuffs and stuffs about the game's levels that I played or I basically use it whenver I need it. It's a good reading during your spare time ;) but I'm alert to not go too far otherwise, spoiling the whole game.
A guidebook is basically good for people who doesn't like being stuck on games. It's handy for them and for those who don't want, simply enough don't buy it I guess ;) but I'm a fan so... :D

Johnny
22nd Jan 2006, 17:42
PC, PC, PC!!! :cool:

Legendary Lara Croft
22nd Jan 2006, 20:02
PC, PC, PC!!! :cool:

YAY! :D :)

midroth
22nd Jan 2006, 20:08
--> PlayStation*.

...what else?

WraithStar
22nd Jan 2006, 21:31
I must be the cheapest bastard on here!

Nah, I'm here too;)

lara fan 300
22nd Jan 2006, 21:58
Im gettting on XBOX360 because it looks amazng :thumbsup: on the console

lara fan 300
22nd Jan 2006, 22:00
I would buy the guidebook at the same time as the game, just because I'm a collector. (Plus it's always handy if I've been stuck for a long while and sometimes give some extra information on the game and characters.)

So personally, I only buy it 'cause I'm a collector :)

Oh, and your question about the guide being redundant. In games, when I was stuck at points, there was many a time when I looked up the internet and couldn't find out what to do. There either was no walkthrough or the person writing a walkthrough hadn't managed to get to the point where I was.

And as for multiple platforms - collector as well. Plus, I want to experience the game in as many different ways as possible - on my main console, with the best graphics and as little (as in size of screen, not enjoyment) as possible :D
Really i think a guidebook wrecks a game because then you know all whats happening and it wnt be no supprise

Joshorty
23rd Jan 2006, 00:53
Well that depends on what type of person you are. As you can ssay, I'm (quote from my last post):

About the explorations part, I undesand that too, for that'd be a true gamer/a true Tomb Raider I guess :rolleyes: . But I only use the guidebook whenever I'm on the road to review tstuffs and stuffs about the game's levels that I played or I basically use it whenver I need it. It's a good reading during your spare time ;) but I'm alert to not go too far otherwise, spoiling the whole game.

yeah...

TRfan
23rd Jan 2006, 02:40
XBOX... I wanted it for PS2 but I dont have a PS2... I have a XBOX.

Super Mushroom
23rd Jan 2006, 07:09
I'm going to buy it for the Xbox 360 :D

mistercroft
25th Jan 2006, 01:08
ps2 and maybe psp!!! cause that makes sence!!! cant go anywere witout trl!!! :D

Joshorty
25th Jan 2006, 03:50
guh...this article hit my rock bottom...I read the same article @ www.gamespot.com but looks like this site has additional...disappointing news for me: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2551.html

O man! is the PSP release date seriously will be in the summer?!? no wonder they don't have a boxart for it yet...I so need a PSP game - I'm PSP medialess! and I'm savin' money so then I can get all the versions...then again, this would kinda help me save, for then I'd buy the guidebook and the PS2 version with an EB gift card :D ($15)...plus tax but lower tax cuz of the new prime minister of Canada!

*Anyone who may have found an updated release date for the PSP PLEASE do post because I really don't like to know it's goin' to be released in the summer :( . I'm goin' to Chicago and it'll be the same 12 Hr ride and I need darn somethin' for my PSP! And I thought this would be a 3 months of suffer with no games for PSP...

SMSL
25th Jan 2006, 06:22
I'm getting the game for the X-Box. If I would try to run it in my laptop, it would turn the poor machine into a pile of fertilizer, before finally blowing it up... :o