PDA

View Full Version : If you are having issues joining/disconnecting from game...

MattD
19th Jan 2006, 15:08
The reason that this is happening is most likley due to your router. Different routers have difficulty communicating with each other in online play. The best alternative would be to connect your console directly to your land line.

I played at work yesterday, on our corporate network, and experienced many of the issues that are being reported here. When I went home, I connected my console directly to my land line, and I played for 2 hours without any error messages, or being disconnected from a game.

There is also an approved router list, so a secondary alternative to connecting directly to your land line is to use one of the routers on the list.

The following is a list of approved and unapproved routers for 25 to Life.

Approved Routers:

* Linksys WRT54g: FW 4.20.7
* Netgear RP614v2: FW 5.20
* DLink DI-604: FW 3.51
* Netgear WGR614v4 FW5.0_07
* Linksys BEFSRv3:
* Linksys BEFSRv1:
* Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers:

* Belkin F5D6231-4:
* Linksys WCG200: FW Standard

hambonehawk
20th Jan 2006, 00:04
What about Linksys BEFW11S4 router?Its a wireless-B.

Sycotic
20th Jan 2006, 05:16
I plugged it directly into my modem and got to play one ROUND and I kept getting kicked out after that...........

Vash
20th Jan 2006, 13:16
The reason that this is happening is most likley due to your router. Different routers have difficulty communicating with each other in online play. The best alternative would be to connect your console directly to your land line.

I played at work yesterday, on our corporate network, and experienced many of the issues that are being reported here. When I went home, I connected my console directly to my land line, and I played for 2 hours without any error messages, or being disconnected from a game.

There is also an approved router list, so a secondary alternative to connecting directly to your land line is to use one of the routers on the list.

Approved Routers:

* Linksys BEFSRv3:
* Linksys BEFSRv1:
* Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers:

* Belkin F5D6231-4:

.. thats not helping at all, it doesnt make since that a certain type of router would have anything to do with a connectivity problem if you connection is in working order, btw, i tried to direct connect and it did the same stuff

connmen
20th Jan 2006, 15:19
^^^Same here.

Bit disappointed because I've told a number of people how good the game is -- when you can actually play. This game won't last if the servers aren't in shape ASAP.

hambonehawk
20th Jan 2006, 20:02
Well switching back from my wireless to my d-link I haven't lagged
out yet.But yea I think its stupid to depend on what router it uses.
That should not have any affect at all.No other online games I play
have this problem.

HaDeS
21st Jan 2006, 14:47

Approved Routers:

* Linksys BEFSRv3:
* Linksys BEFSRv1:
* Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers:

* Belkin F5D6231-4:

alright look. its not our routers, its ur servers that are making us disconnect after every round. if this isnt fixed soon, this game will be dead by the end of the week. fix thhem or spend a few bucks on new servers

OutLaVVThuG
21st Jan 2006, 16:29
I agree 100%

VideoGameMaster
21st Jan 2006, 19:26
this is true...get working...cuz this game is sweet...WHEN you get the chance to play..

Millsy
22nd Jan 2006, 19:52
THANK GOD I RENTED THIS 'cuz I will not buy it....I cant go online, and the reviews are accurate.

Enigmajk
22nd Jan 2006, 21:58
All everyone does when a game has problems is post a bunch of non sense that ends up saying "fix teH survors!!! or I sue U!!111!" I bet some of the mods have fun reading your brain dead posts I know I do.

Im sure most of the people that are supposedly gonna "sue" are'nt even old enough to drive let alone sue a major company over their servers. Some of you people need to grow up and realize that life isnt always fair nor perfect.
Socoms servers were'nt perfect when they first released the game and they didnt fix them instantly but they were fixed eventually.

I've had problems with the servers but I didnt post 72 topics saying the servers were trash I just went on and kept trying until I got into a game.
Some of you people take things too seriously and take it to the extent to where it just cracks me up.

Just wait it out and hopefully they will fix the servers soon until then either keep playing or return it simple as that.
I myself have a blast playing online when Im able to get into the servers
if you dont like the game go back to socom, atleast the people die when you shoot them on 25 to life unlike socom where it takes 30 some shots tto kill them.

50cent_imposter
23rd Jan 2006, 22:59
hmm... hes got a point... but it gets annoying to a point where i really want burn the game, poop in a bag and mix the 2 together and send it to eidos.

getting disconnected every other game for some stupid error. and ive run it directly to the modem and have tried various ways to configure my network to get the game to stay connected. but the errors on a Fatal Lobby Error, or failed to report stats and the other error messages arent my fault nor my router.

I dont have this problem running, Socom, Ghost Recon, Lockdown, FFXI, EA games.... and Im sure the thousands of users abusing Eidos right now are saying the same thing.

And to say what routers you can use what you cant is plain ridiculous. Thats like selling a car and say Mobile/Lukoil is the only gas you can use for the car, the other stuff wont work.... get my point?

Beach Head
26th Jan 2006, 18:52

Approved Routers:

* Linksys BEFSRv3:
* Linksys BEFSRv1:
* Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers:

* Belkin F5D6231-4:

Its not the damn routers. I have the PC version connected to Road Runner and play all types of online games smoothly. This is the first time this crap happened so don't sit there and make excuses for a big F Up. Bad enough the game didn't live up to expectations but now the online play is screwed up.